• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Gameplay tips and advice

Draggs

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Share your secrets and help others master the game!

Basic controls are as follows:

sony-tutos_running-passing-scoring.jpg

sony-tutos_kicking.jpg

sony-tutos_defending-tackling.jpg

sony-tutos_ruck-02.jpg

sony-tutos_ruck-01.jpg

sony-tutos_scrums.jpg

sony-tutos_mauls.jpg

sony-tutos_lineouts.jpg

sony-tutos_goal-kicks.jpg

sony-tutos_advanced-moves.jpg

Anyone know if there is a catch button and a dive onto loose ball button? Can't seem to find them and it's annoying when doing chips, grubbers, etc

Any passing tips?

Not really, definitely the weakest part of the game. Part of the problem seem sot be that once you try to pass to a player, the inevitably either straighten up or run a reverse line, and then it passes to them, so its difficult to use the width, and its a bit stuttered, so when you have an overlap then its wasted before you can get the ball out. It seems to be slightly better on 2nd/3rd phase ball, so taking it into a ruck or two can help, as long as you break the gain line. Definitely better on counter attacking ball. In general though it seems to be very hard to get the ball to the place/player you want it to go to.

This game definitely needs a fairly extensive patch. To be honest Id be happy to leave the jilted animations etc if they just sort out the passing, line speed, difficulty and major glitches.

I wonder is this part of the reason they delayed the game in the UK? A patch really must be on the way

Anyone know if there is a catch button and a dive onto loose ball button? Can't seem to find them and it's annoying when doing chips, grubbers, etc

Not that I can find

Anybody know how to get the controls working on the Steam/PC version? Does it require an Xbox-specific controller as I can't seem to get my PS4 controller to work with it (and it works on Steam, just not the game itself). I might be missing something major but I can't seem to figure out how to get the controls to work. Any help would be much appreciated!

Anybody know how to get the controls working on the Steam/PC version? Does it require an Xbox-specific controller as I can't seem to get my PS4 controller to work with it (and it works on Steam, just not the game itself). I might be missing something major but I can't seem to figure out how to get the controls to work. Any help would be much appreciated!

Use the DS3 tool and make your Ps4 controller "appear" as an xbox controller a opposed to a PS4 controller.

There is a more in depth control scheme in the pause menu. You do have a dummy pass. I believe left trigger button.

the game actually feels better and runs better when i set the attack tactic:
own 22-kick
50-expensive
opposition 22-crash ball or pick and go

Defense tactics:
when the opposition is pressured to clear-blitz
when i'm pressured-wide/swing wide or something like that

The rucking needs sorting out, on any difficulty it's easier to win the opposition's ball than your own

those who say there are no collapsing the mauls/scrums in the game are WRONG i found the hidden button to collapse a maul/scrum

Yeah, the collapse scrum button is Square, I believe. It's in the controls instruction in the Options portion of the PS4 version. Here's something I posted earlier on the RUGBY 15 forums. Putting it here, because here is better.

Here are my tips for getting the most out of Rugby 15.

Use a Bad Team
The game is too easy. The CPU won't ruck. So use a bad team to make up for it.

Use The Tactics
If you want to pick and drive, go to Pick & drive. If you want to crash the ball, go to Crash Ball. If you want to fling it around, go to Expansive. If you want to kick, well, just box kick the thing and you'll be fine. As an added tip, I'm finding the Crash Ball option makes for good, creative rugby, with the odd switch and players hitting their gaps hard.

There is plenty of time in the ruck and during set pieces to change up your tactics. You can literally do it with every phase if you want to.

Pass It Fast
If you run more than a few steps with the ball, the backline will start to run support lines. This is part of the unpredictability factor of the backline. If you want to hit players in their channels, pass it quickly.

Kick More
Kicking, especially box kicking, is nice in this game. You can use the wind to make some really savage kicks that are quite satisfying.

That's it. Those are the things that are making it more fun for me. I'm going to do an experiment tonight and turn the rucking ratings WAY DOWN on Ospreys to see if that makes the game more fun.

Latest posts