• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Game's Official 100 Greatest games of all Time.

S

Sir Speedy

http://www.game.co.uk/lowdown.aspx?lid=896...results-_-email

gg_winners_large.jpg

The remaining 90:

11 The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Multiformat)
12 World of Warcraft (PC)
13 Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo Wii)
14 Halo: Combat Evolved (Xbox)
15 Tomb Raider (PSone)
16 Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)
17 Tetris (GameBoy)
18 Half Life (PC)
19 Sonic the Hedgehog (SEGA Mega Drive)
20 Super Mario World (SNES)
21 Super Mario Galaxy (Nintendo Wii)
22 Elite (BBC Micro)
23 Resident Evil 4 (Multiformat)
24 The Sims 2 (PC)
25 Shenmue (SEGA Dreamcast)
26 Crash Bandicoot (PSone)
27 Sensible Soccer (Multiformat)
28 Zelda Twilight Princess (Nintendo Wii)
29 Wii Fit (Nintendo Wii)
30 Doom (PC)
31 Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2 (PC)
32 Mario Kart 64 (N64)
33 Final Fantasy X (PS2)
34 Pacman (Arcade)
35 Super Smash Bros Melee (Gamecube)
36 Assassin's Creed (Multiformat)
37 FIFA 08 (Multiformat)
38 Pokemon Red & Blue (GameBoy)
39 Guitar Hero III (Multiformat)
40 Mario Kart SNES (Nintendo SNES)
41 Final Fantasy VIII (PSone)
42 Resident Evil 1 (PSone)
43 The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)
44 Pro Evo Soccer 6 (Multiformat)
45 Monkey Island 2 (Multiformat)
46 Space Invaders (Arcade)
47 Deus Ex (Multiformat)
48 Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Nintendo Wii)
49 Bioshock (Xbox 360)
50 Gran Turismo 4 (PS2)
51 Wii Sports (Nintendo Wii)
52 The Sims (PC)
53 Counter Strike: Source (PC)
54 Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PS2)
55 Street Fighter 2 (Multiformat)
56 Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (SEGA Mega Drive)

57 Halo 2 (Multiformat)
58 Lego Star Wars: The Original Saga (Multiformat)
59 New Super Mario Bros (Nintendo DS)
60 Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS2)
61 Mario Kart DS (Nintendo DS)
62 Fable (Xbox)
63 Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction (PS3)
64 Gran Turismo 1 (PSone)
65 Civilization (PC)
66 Final Fantasy IX (PSone)
67 Battlefield 2 (PC)
68 Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Multiformat)
69 Super Mario Land (GameBoy)
70 Timesplitters 2 (Multiformat)
71 Football Manager 2008 (Multiformat)
72 Mass Effect (Xbox 360)
73 Resident Evil 2 (PSone)
74 Championship Manager 01/02 (PC)
75 Age of Empires II (PC)
76 Rome: Total War (PC)
77 Guitar Hero II (Multiformat)
78 God of War (PS2)
79 Kingdom Hearts (PS2)
80 Perfect Dark (N64)
81 Super Smash Bros Brawl (Nintendo Wii)
82 Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (PS3)
83 Animal Crossing (Nintendo DS)
84 Starcraft (PC)
85 Unreal Tournament (PC)
86 The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (Multiformat)
87 Super Metroid Nintendo (SNES)
88 Command and Conquer: Red Alert (PC)
89 Diablo 2 (PC)
90 Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS2)
91 Final Fantasy XII (PS2)
92 Shadow of the Colossus (PS2)
93 Guild Wars (PC)
94 Gran Turismo 3 (PS2)
95 God of War 2 (PS2)
96 Street Fighter (Multiformat)
97 Civilisation 4 (PC)
98 Pokemon Diamond/Pearl (Nintendo DS)
99 Grim Fandango (PC)
100 ICO (PS2)

Well, if you wanna spend time picking out what shouldn't be there, I'll be looking forward to your post next week.

Also, good to see the average Welshman has good taste:

The voter who wins our Gold Reward Card loaded with
1 Million Reward Points is... Lewis Goodall from Castle Caereinion, Wales who voted for Killzone (PS2).

"Killzone for me was the greatest game of all time because it was the first FPS I ever bought and it had the right kind of story. It was immersive, and it kept me interested as it developed. Also you could change your style of playing by changing characters at the beginning of a level which was good. Meaning at one level you could go all stealth and tactical with Luger... and the next level you could go in head first, all guns blazing with Rico. It had really good attention to detail on the weapons and the game environment. I would recommend this game to any avid FPS players."

<_<

The original Half Life is a bit low on the list for my liking.

Wii Fit shouldn't even be there.

What about Quake?? Wolf 3d??
Easily the best two 1st person shooters ever made lol

What a stupid list, COD4 has only been out a few months and apparently it is the greatest game of all time...yeah right...

Paperboy should be in there somewhere as well!

I suppose it is gamers.co.uk so theres no reason to read in to it too much. It would be interesting to see their next 20 or so choices that only just missed out which would surely have to include the likes of what I just mentioned as well as j1mb0's pick of Quake and Wolfenstein.

What a ridiculous list, COD 4 and Oblivion?

They list Oblivion yet not Planescape:Torment, Baldur's Gate II, Fallout 1 & 2?

What n00bs, why do they think Bethesda went to such great pains to buy the rights to fallout? Maybe because it is one of the best games ever made...

I voted for The Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time

Found my old N64 hidden away in a cardboard box in my attic and decided to bring it out and re-live my early childhood. Fallen back in love with The Legend of Zelda. It was such a great game for the period it was made in.

Found my old N64 hidden away in a cardboard box in my attic and decided to bring it out and re-live my early childhood. Fallen back in love with The Legend of Zelda. It was such a great game for the period it was made in.
[/b]
Is a crime against nature that it got beaten to first by COD4. :blink:

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
Is a crime against nature that it got beaten to first by COD4. :blink: [/b][/quote]

Very true. Any game made after the year 2005 is going to have fantastic graphics and skills compared to a game made in 1998. Call Of Duty 4 has only been out for a short amount of time compared to Ocarina of Time. We will just see how many people remember COD4 in ten years, talk about it and takes them back to their younger years.

How is Zelda not no.1, followed by Goldeneye64 and Mario64. Mario64 was the first 3D game to be made, and it was almost perfect in it's controls etc. Goldeneye64 just defined an era, still the best first person shooter ever made (discounting Perfect Dark, as it was basically a modded Goldeneye).

Think this shows how good the N64 was. The next games on my list would be some of Resident Evil 2, Mario Kart 64, Half Life, Doom, Pacman (Atari), Grand Theft Auto (PC), Final Fantisy VII (though I hated the game), Sonic The Hedgehog, Cannon Fodder.

Probably missed some there, but I agree, that list is appalling.

Goldeneye64 just defined an era
[/b]

Goldeneye affected a higher PERCENTAGE of gamers more than any other game...therefore Goldeneye should be number one for a console game.

They have made COD4 number one...and as much as I like it I can plainly say that it has not defined itself as standing out FAR BEYOND anything we have seen thus far the way Goldeneye did.

In fact I still have BEAUTIFUL memories of Goldeneye......it was almost like I was IN LOVE with that game....actually...hell yeah...we were all in love with the game! Come on lets all admit it...we have never had a girl who affected us the way Goldeneye did...she was a truly stunning beauty and really got inside us to our core.

How can we forget the music...the levels...the suspense doing a new mission...the rewards of achieving a new level...the plot of the game...the characters...etc etc.

How can we forget the maps on multiplayer that we all knew so well...the classic temple for instance...the wide open spaces....the joy of seeing someone, locking on to them, and firing those fatal bullets....hearing the death music and seeing the screens drip with blood.

Absolutely beautiful!

I just realised Lylat Wars (a.k.a Starfox 64) isn't on that list! :angry: Surely it deserves a mention!

Wii Fit at 29? Better than games like Shadow of the Colossus and Final Fantasy XII??? What a pot of poo.

<div class='quotemain'> Goldeneye64 just defined an era
[/b]

Goldeneye affected a higher PERCENTAGE of gamers more than any other game...therefore Goldeneye should be number one for a console game.

They have made COD4 number one...and as much as I like it I can plainly say that it has not defined itself as standing out FAR BEYOND anything we have seen thus far the way Goldeneye did.

In fact I still have BEAUTIFUL memories of Goldeneye......it was almost like I was IN LOVE with that game....actually...hell yeah...we were all in love with the game! Come on lets all admit it...we have never had a girl who affected us the way Goldeneye did...she was a truly stunning beauty and really got inside us to our core.

How can we forget the music...the levels...the suspense doing a new mission...the rewards of achieving a new level...the plot of the game...the characters...etc etc.

How can we forget the maps on multiplayer that we all knew so well...the classic temple for instance...the wide open spaces....the joy of seeing someone, locking on to them, and firing those fatal bullets....hearing the death music and seeing the screens drip with blood.

Absolutely beautiful!

[/b][/quote]
I absolutely agree in regards to the genius of Golden Eye.

When we have a games night and play the likes of COD4, BF2, CS:S, Fight Night Round 3 etc we ALWAYS get out the N64 and play Golden Eye.

It quite simply doesn't have an expiry date and every single shooter has drawn from the ground breaking work that was produced to bring about this terrific game.

Personally, the best games i have played on each platform are as follows:

2D Roleplayer: Zelda: Link to the Past, SNES
3D Roleplayer: Zelda64, N64
2D Platform: Super Mario 2 and 3, SNES
3D Platform: Mario 64, N64 or Crash Bandicoot, PS
2D Shooter: Shadow Dancer (Shinobi but with a wolf), Arcade
3D Shooter: Original Metal Gear Solid, PS
2D Racer: Kickstart (make your own BMX courses), Spectrum
3D Racer: Mario Kart, SNES
2D Lightgun: Duck Hunt, NES
3D Lightgun: Resident Evil lightgun version, PS
2D Fighter: Mortal Kombat 2 SNES and Street Fighter 2, Multi
3D Fighter: Soulblade, PS

Sports: Pro Evo PC, Sensible World of Soccer PC/Amiga, NBA Jam Tournament Edition SNES, Jonah Lomu Rugby SNES, Rugby 08 PC (as a modder i had to vote)

I think a top 10 list that includes Call of Duty 4 and doesnt include Sonic the Hedgehog completely proves the point of why having top 10 lists is ultimately pointless. I mean, what you like is bound to be different to what someone else likes and that subjectivity means no two lists are going to be the same anyways...

But seriously: Call of Duty 4?!

yeah whats the criteria for this? i am taking it with a grain of salt, i just finished COD in like less than 3 days. thats shocking.

sure the graphics and stuff are cool, and there is online, but there is so much team killing you can take.

I think a top 10 list that includes Call of Duty 4 and doesnt include Sonic the Hedgehog completely proves the point of why having top 10 lists is ultimately pointless. I mean, what you like is bound to be different to what someone else likes and that subjectivity means no two lists are going to be the same anyways...

But seriously: Call of Duty 4?! [/b]

Perhaps a national wide vote lol But yeah completely agree with you... but most people agree that list stinks of
Diarrhoea

Latest posts