• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Gatland Named UK Coach Of The Year

Hmmm. Lack of decent alternatives I suppose. Did think if I was Wales coach coming into the Australia game, I might have thought; now let's have a look at where we are strong and they struggle; that would be up front. Where are they stronger than us?; that would be the backline; therefore I'll keep it tight, don't kick down their throats, plenty of tight stuff, keep it simple. No, he plays an expansive game, ball hardly ever goes off the pitch and the Aussies can run it from everywhere. Could have changed it at half time, when they were lucky to be still in range, but no, carry on as usual. Strange. Hope he never gets near the AB job.

Is the general public not underestimating Stuart Lancaster as a consistent tendency or even more than that ?

I misread the first two words as 'Gatland Naked' and felt I needed no further motivation to click onto the thread.

Umm, sorry, what?

its fair enough gatland is the best coach in my opinion wouldn't be surprised if hes named best rugby coach in the world

The Lions won, he was always going to be a shoe in for going out on a limb to drop the crowd favourite O'Driscoll and when he did look at what happened?
Crushed the Aussies.
Lancaster is a good coach but his team is still simmering in the pot. Slowly maturing...

The Lions won, he was always going to be a shoe in for going out on a limb to drop the crowd favourite O'Driscoll and when he did look at what happened?
Crushed the Aussies.
Lancaster is a good coach but his team is still simmering in the pot. Slowly maturing...

Okay, so I was laughing at him when Wales lost to Oz last weekend, but I'll be sensible for a change. Congratulations Warren. The Lions won and got a bit revenge for 2001. I'm a happy Lions fan and Gats delivered the goods by having the sense to pick Corbs at loosehead. :D

Last edited:

Latest posts