• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Geech to be knighted

I thought Chris Hoy was a good choice. Always seemed like a nice guy. Fair play Geechs. You probably deserved it.

I agree, it was much deserved.
Considering some of the other people (sports or non-sports oriented) who have won it - it sometimes seems as if they struggle to find people to be made into knights and dames.

Just watched Living with The Pride. I couldn't have more respect for Geech after that.

Ive still not seen that dvd.
Is it worth getting? I mean, is it akin to the Last saffa and oz tour, or is it like the Alistair Campbell/Clive Woodward project from NZ '05?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Dec 30 2009, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ive still not seen that dvd.
Is it worth getting? I mean, is it akin to the Last saffa and oz tour, or is it like the Alistair Campbell/Clive Woodward project from NZ '05?[/b]

I think it's worth getting. It drags at bits but, if you're a fan of the Lions, it'll give you goosebumps. There's some funny moments as well with euan murray, andy powell, tommy bowe, rob kearney and ugo monye providing most of the laughs.

I'll look into getting it.
I mean, the last one was pure diatribe. The was no empathising with the players even though they were getting their arses kicked and the only funny moments were provided by O'Callaghan and when Henson signed jerseys that were supposed to be signed by BOD only.
Those were the only good things about the last dvd.

If you've got delicate ears, though, I'd give it a miss. Roughly 40 f-bombs in the first ten minutes. Plus Andy Powell's bum shows up on multiple occasions. However, it's probaly worth it for the bit where Alun Wyn Jones asks Ronan O'Gara "What's Occurin'?" and O'Gara responds "What is that suppose to mean?".

Monye and Kearnery flirting with the Portugese girl is funny. Kearney seems like a proper sleaze

Well he didn't get the nickname "Robnoxious" around the Leinster camp for nothing.

He deserves it f or sure, Jenson Button isnt quite at the level to deserve an MBE.

Watched Living With The Pride last night for the first time, and like the King says above, utmost respect for Geech afterwards, his prematch speeches are second to none (apart from maybe McBrides)

Very impressed with the DVD, especially liked the bit with that Parrot/Parrot handler, and the irish guys scottish accents when Murray had the camera

I didn't get the dvd at crimbo so I'm off to buy it today in the sales. Enough of these spoilers! I've gone to painstaking lengths to forget everything about the tour, results included.

Geech definately deserved to be knighted, he has been awesome for the Lions and rugby in general. It now must be time for one of the home nations to get Geech on their pay role.

Latest posts