George Gregan Discussion

Discussion in 'General Rugby Union' started by getofmeland, Jul 28, 2006.

1. getofmeland

getofmeland Guest

So you have read DC's article, what do you think?

Does he deserve a place?

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Mr. Laxative

Mr. Laxative Guest

Firstly, I'd like to comment on how great DC's article actually is.... no, it's incredible!! I'm pleased so see that he hasn't just commented on his on-field 'antics', but also his charitable aspects. I wa so suprised to see that young Max's terrible news got outside of Austalia - well done!!

And also, I didn't actually know George had been given an AO - you learn something knew everyday!!

YES, George Gregan absolutely deserves a place in the Hall of Fame, despite his poor form last year. In fact that was probably one of the only times he played poorly. YES - YES - YES!!!!

Don't ever forget 'That Tackle!'......

4. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

[​IMG]

That one?

5. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

[​IMG] > [​IMG]

And YES for Gregan

6. sanzar

sanzar Guest

YES! Definately YES! The guy had a couple ordinary seasons in 2004 and 2005, but he's been back with a vengance this year and is well on the way to regaining some of his former awards IMO.

7. sanzar

sanzar Guest

What's funny about this is that almost no one in England could tackle Jonah Lomu during his prime, yet Gregan could despite being one of the smallest elite rugby players around... Gregan>England

8. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

Dawson>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gregan

Of course, you'll neg rep me now as your opinion is different.

9. DC

DC Guest

dawson wasnt far off bein as good

but gregan

he's one of the smallest yet possibly one of the best defenders in the game today.. thats sayin a lot for a half back, as the defense isnt a main part of our game..

10. sanzar

sanzar Guest

Oh right, so you still don't get what happened last time?

You see I gave you neg reps for making **** weak excuses over the utter domination the All Blacks had over your Lions... you couldn't bare to give the All Blacks any credit for their clearly superior performance in all 3 games, and instead tried to deny that the defeat was even valid (citing rubish like the Lions players were too tired). THAT was worthy of a neg rep IMO.

And no, Dawson is not as good as Gregan.

11. george gregan is the greatest halfback of our time kiddies...he should be automatic...one of the greatest EVER!!!..

pure rugby enthusiast and even staunch kiwi supporters have to agree that george is undoubtedly a legend in our great game and from my point of view the greatest halfback ever

12. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

No he isn't. Gareth Edwards is.

13. sanzar

sanzar Guest

Hard to comment there... That's too long ago for any of us to judge fairly, it's like the Andrew Johns v Dally Messenger debate.

14. Very true.

Gregan is good, but Gareth Edwards was incredible.

15. BigTen

BigTen Guest

Even though George Gregan obviously deserves to be nominated for the Hall of Fame I think that we should wait until he retires from playing rugby before we do.

It is unlikely but GG could do something to disgrace himself on the rugby pitch that would make induction look silly - i.e. he could headbutt someones chest, fail a drug test for caffeine, or actually run with the ball.

It is my belief that players should not be inducted until after they have retired from international rugby.

Nice article by the way.

16. gareth didnt win 2 world cups nor did he set the record for test matches played....gregan is the modern hero for halfbacks..maybe gregans hero of those times..but right now in the state that rugby is at now..gregan is superior...gregan advanced with the amateurs to professional rugby to where it stands out now..thats almost 3 eras of rugby and he has withstood the test of time..if he makes it to next world cup he is certified the best halfback ever..i still reckon he is now but will see...if you wanna compare statistics in every facet of there careers(tests/championships etc..) then go ahead...

17. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

Your using the Stats artguement? :lol:

That would make Jason Lennard the best prop ever! :lol:

18. Gareth Edwards didn't win 2 World Cups. Mainly because the World Cup wasn't contested when he played.

Was George Gregan a vital part of a Lions tour to New Zealand? Did he inspire his country to a 6 Nations Grand Slam? Thought not.

Ridiculous argument met with ridiculous response.

19. DC

DC Guest

but was he eligible for a lions tour and a 6 nations..

20. yup...he wasnt available for that embarassment of the north..because he wasnt eligible

"Ridiculous argument met with ridiculous response. " - the contradictor

21. And everyone missed my point completely.

Have a think about it...

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!