• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Georgia Replace Scotland A in Churchill Cup

F

feicarsinn

was on the chuchill cup website today and noticed that pool A contained georgia and no scotland a. good news from a georgian point of view scotland's contract is probably up and they probably wouldnt be able to be competitive this year what with the lions and if they send a developmental team out on tour

I think they could be very competative and I'd love to see them play Canada.

Good news for Georgia! I like the Churchill cup. There was some good rugby played last year, looking forward to it again this year.

And a great time for development. We saw Earls reeping havoc there last year. Good perfrormances too from the likes of Sexton and cave.

What last year Churchill Cup showed was Ian Keatley > Jonny Sexton. Sexton inability to slot the easiest of kicks at goal and Denis Hurley's nervousness under the high ball were both showed up, despite Sexton showing off his wonderful passing skills and Hurley showing he is probably the best counter attacking full back we have.

I can't wait for Georgia against Ireland A after the RWC! Although it will be more like Ireland 'B'. I think I'd tip Saxons Georgia Final atm.

man i personally think this is great news i would rather see lower tier nations play then having A squads from some top tier nations, it'll help develop more and maybe give a little more spotlight to smaller rugby nations

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (toxicfiend @ Feb 1 2009, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
man i personally think this is great news i would rather see lower tier nations play then having A squads from some top tier nations, it'll help develop more and maybe give a little more spotlight to smaller rugby nations[/b]
I agree to an extent. Playing full international teams will make the tournament more interesting for broadcasters but equally, playing A teams from Ireland, England and Argentina who are of a better standard than the Eagles or Canucks can only help boost standards.

Is this because Scotland dont have enough players. If so that is quite depressing.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Feb 1 2009, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (toxicfiend @ Feb 1 2009, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
man i personally think this is great news i would rather see lower tier nations play then having A squads from some top tier nations, it'll help develop more and maybe give a little more spotlight to smaller rugby nations[/b]
I agree to an extent. Playing full international teams will make the tournament more interesting for broadcasters but equally, playing A teams from Ireland, England and Argentina who are of a better standard than the Eagles or Canucks can only help boost standards.
[/b][/quote]

Guyzzz hello everybody

I really appreciate your words and spoken out mind about my country

I am happy for that, because as you already admitted it is better for us to dare mighty teams and have more experience

I will be more subjective and propose that recent days of Georgia's play (for example that match against Ireland on RWC 2007 and others) made our name to say a word louder than we did and this contributed our play to this churchill cup

We will try to bring some offensive-defense (as once said through TV while during RWC 2003) and our opportunistic soul to this matches

While also we will take huge experience from your mighty teams as well

Cheers

Georgia-rugby.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danny @ Feb 2 2009, 12:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The scrummaging will certainly test the "A" teams.[/b]

Yes! but anyway when you cite Team A you do not mean your best squad but possible future players instead

Georgia will take the best possible players as a team I am sure because we really need more contact with experienced teams

I think Tim Lane will use this opportunity maximally to heighten your team's experience and scope of rugby playing as he is totally directed on that aim

Yes the young English props better be ready for it or it could be quite uncomfortable.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danny @ Feb 2 2009, 12:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yes the young English props better be ready for it or it could be quite uncomfortable.[/b]

Yeeeah I agreee that is one of the best sides of my rugby

I remember Tim Lane's announcement about our props

I also remember Argentina's wrinkled faces while RWC 2007
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
610x.jpg

If I remember it rightly, we should see some more of Georgia's extremely tight and efficient forward play at the breakdown that so frustrated and almost broke Ireland were it not for a last gasp score.

The ability of Georgia to keep rolling through the phases was immense and hopefully we'll see more of the same..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Feb 2 2009, 02:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If I remember it rightly, we should see some more of Georgia's extremely tight and efficient forward play at the breakdown that so frustrated and almost broke Ireland were it not for a last gasp score.

The ability of Georgia to keep rolling through the phases was immense and hopefully we'll see more of the same..[/b]

The ability of Georgia to keep rolling through the phases was immense and hopefully we'll see more of the same..

And this the hope I have stuck in my mind too

And let this hope come truth, I know neither Georgia will become RWC champion or something super-star team yet but I want my team to move through the progressive steps of evolution very much

Tim also wants ;) ;) ;) ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Georgia are in the situation Argentina was a few years ago. They were the piano pushers, rather than the piano players.. famed for an impressive forwards game but not much to match it in the backs. That has reversed for Argentina now who have star quality all over the park. Hopefully in a few years, Georgia will achieve the same feat if they develop some quality backs.. which they do have but they don't play at a high level yet. Georgi Jgenti seems a good talent at prop and the new hope of Georgian rugby, Lasha Malaguradze a fly-half.. is doing well so far in France.

I heard a few years back that the Georgians used to use the remains of modified russian tanks for scrum practice, which would explain why they can get some serious shove on for a nation that is very in-experienced to the test scene. They just need to develop backs that can make good use of the possession they get. The RWC in 2007 was a huge step forward for Georgian rugby. They showed good defence. Many of their top players play at the top level in Top14 which is good, but i can't think of any backs at the same level. I think the highest level player is Jimsheladze and he is ProD2o or maybe Irakli Machkaneli.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Feb 2 2009, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Georgia are in the situation Argentina was a few years ago. They were the piano pushers, rather than the piano players.. famed for an impressive forwards game but not much to match it in the backs. That has reversed for Argentina now who have star quality all over the park. Hopefully in a few years, Georgia will achieve the same feat if they develop some quality backs.. which they do have but they don't play at a high level yet. Georgi Jgenti seems a good talent at prop and the new hope of Georgian rugby, Lasha Malaguradze a fly-half.. is doing well so far in France.

I heard a few years back that the Georgians used to use the remains of modified russian tanks for scrum practice, which would explain why they can get some serious shove on for a nation that is very in-experienced to the test scene. They just need to develop backs that can make good use of the possession they get. The RWC in 2007 was a huge step forward for Georgian rugby. They showed good defence. Many of their top players play at the top level in Top14 which is good, but i can't think of any backs at the same level. I think the highest level player is Jimsheladze and he is ProD2o or maybe Irakli Machkaneli.[/b]

Actually Fatau is right and I agree him in almost everything

Lasha Malaghuradze

Davit Katcharava

Georgi Jgenti

Irakli Machkhaneli are the future of our rugby and not only these guys give promises to our team

We really walk same piano-push path as Argentina did and I hope everything will be in a way Argentina has now

Too many youngsters now in Georgia are involved in rugby and interest rises with geometrical progression from day to week

So this interest will give some valuable players (and may be World famous Stars, who knows) soon

I do not want to be subjective but actually I am to some degree ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Latest posts