• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Georgia vs Portugal

A

alexrugby

Now we have won match against Germany, good start of a season and we are just gearing up for a new match against Honorable Portugal

Team which offers us interesting matches every time we face off against them

So predictions please what we (how you think) are going to do against Portugese Lobos (Wolves) on February 14th

Thanks in advance my rugby brothers

The teams are about equal. Portugal have good backs as the iRB 7's testifies, and Georgia have the forwards. Georgia had a good workout vs Germany and Portugal lost out narrowly to Russia.

This is tough to call, but i think Georgia are the better side overall. I think Georgia will starve the Portugal runners and use a forwards dominated game for this and hope to keep possession and dominate from the set-piece.

So i'll say a tight, fairly physical encounter with a few tries, going to Georgia 18-13. Portugal impressing again, but not enough to challenge the mighty Georgia pack, who in my opinion are stronger than Russia.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Feb 12 2009, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The teams are about equal. Portugal have good backs as the iRB 7's testifies, and Georgia have the forwards. Georgia had a good workout vs Germany and Portugal lost out narrowly to Russia.

This is tough to call, but i think Georgia are the better side overall. I think Georgia will starve the Portugal runners and use a forwards dominated game for this and hope to keep possession and dominate from the set-piece.

So i'll say a tight, fairly physical encounter with a few tries, going to Georgia 18-13. Portugal impressing again, but not enough to challenge the mighty Georgia pack, who in my opinion are stronger than Russia.[/b]

Thanks my bro for this brief discussion, so I think Tim Lane has knowledge high enough to cope with Portugal fast flankers and to push them to the limits besides the try-line

I hope the remarkable tradition of never losing (almost of course, in the past) matches against Portugal

I'll back Georgia in. After seeing Portugal go down against Russia after a spirited fight-back, I don't think they will be able to string two good efforts together.
Georgia FTW! :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Haysie @ Feb 13 2009, 02:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'll back Georgia in. After seeing Portugal go down against Russia after a spirited fight-back, I don't think they will be able to string two good efforts together.
Georgia FTW! :p[/b]
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I hope so

I wish I could go back to Tbilisi to see Georgia play, it's honestly a beautiful city and I plan to revisit sometime soon. Hopefully Scotland get a fixture across in Georgia...that'd be awesome. In fact, do Georgia have a chance of being in Scotland's group in the World Cup? That'd be an interesting match, it'd really give our pack a run for there money, with Hadden in charge anyway.

I've always like Georgia as a team anyway, I didn't realize Dimitri Yachvili was half Georgian, and that is brother played for the Georgia national team. I' sure he was a backrow or something too...would have been interesting to see them play against each other, it'd be one of the first times I think.

Also, isn't this Leal fellow meant to be a player of note, I remember hearing he was doing some pretty amazing stuff.

Georgia to shade it. I'll cheer them on, as long as you're backing Wales Lekso!!! ;)

Thank you guyzzz for these good words and good predictions

I guess my team will work hard tomorrow's match and will make another winning scores

I am going there and I will upload pics definitely

Amazing spirit and passion shown by Lekso
Hopefully Tim Lane can come back to Aus and teach players of the Georgian rugby passion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Feb 14 2009, 04:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Amazing spirit and passion shown by Lekso
Hopefully Tim Lane can come back to Aus and teach players of the Georgian rugby passion[/b]

Dale gave me a great compliment, and I really appreciate this bro

You know Tim Lane announced he had never had such an ease with firing of players' soul before here in Georgia

He was amazed by the spirit brought by our players in every match

I think this is of that our nation and it's history (not going to discuss here ;) )

Thanks Dale again

Georgia_versus_Russia_at_rugby.jpg

Bad play, mistakes a lot, irrational play and good defense from Portugal players

20:20 corrected by the last try of veteran (retired) Ilia Zedgenidze and almost lost match

Hell no!!!! I do not want my team to play identically against Spain

^^ Thought you were a Samoan fan?

I'm surprised Georgia didn't win the game, do you think the pulling down the maul gave Georgia a disadvantage Lekso?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Feb 16 2009, 02:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
^^ Thought you were a Samoan fan?

I'm surprised Georgia didn't win the game, do you think the pulling down the maul gave Georgia a disadvantage Lekso?[/b]

I am surprised also :mellow: :mellow: but I agree you Dale:

Tim Lane did really count on forcible play more than on technical one that was clear

Also more of the past generation players were allowed to play than young ones (who play more technically to be honest)

And some of them were even retired players

So "spoiling" play from Portugal appeared right in that match, meanwhile I think it would be better for youngsters to be allowed

Finally it appeared that both Tries were scored by young and olders were just "pushing"

Scrums, Outs, tackles and everything we won with ease but Portugal did not give us space so we did not play our Rugby

And what about Fatau I also thought he was Samoan :D :D :D :D

Latest posts