• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

GEORGIA

L

LELO

Hello.
I'm from Georgia and I wanna know your opinions about our team. What do you think about us?
Waiting for your replies. thanks ;)

Georgia should have beaten Ireland. They have a ohesive pack and don't turn the ball over easily. They play with tremendous passion (nobody gives less than 100%), have a strong tactical kicking game (including an excellent kick chase) and tackle hard.

On the other side, they're quite limited possessing little or no attacking threat from 11-15. They also defend naively and don't seem to have a defensive pattern. Goalkicking and drop kicking needs improvement. Had they taken those chances against Ireland, they would have won the game.

Overall, they're the most promising of the developing nations and deserve a harder schedule, facing more tier 1 countries. In no way are they good enough to compete with the top 10 regularly (at present) but with some good coaching, they could easily become the best of the rest. Hopefully they'll beat Namibia which will help propel the game forward in their country.

Very tough guys!
With a lot of potentiality. Use more the brain to complement the muscles.

They can improve tremendously. They showed that on the game against Ireland. They learned from the game vs Arg. If they had played like that with us we would not have make the 4 try bonus. This is because they learned quickly and used against Ireland.
Need a better coach for the future

i hear that rugby is actually the number one sport in georgia in terms of popularity so we should expect even more from them over the next few year with the distint possiblity of a mojor scalp.... if the irb dont screw them around as they usually do

i hear that rugby is actually the number one sport in georgia in terms of popularity so we should expect even more from them over the next few year with the distint possiblity of a mojor scalp.... if the irb dont screw them around as they usually do [/b]

Is this true??? That would be bloody awesome to get another competitive European team.

This reminds me, I was talking with some mates of mine about Fiji rugby and ways to improve our professional game to take us further up.

And one thing we all agreed about was that we should petition our FRU to change our itenary when we do our European tour next year. Instead of going to the UK or France.....maybe we could head over to Georgia, Romania, Portugal and even Russia (if it's possible) to play our matches there.

There's a lot of support for our current coach Ilivasi Tabua as he is a big believer in the youth system. He's a man of action and doesnt care about reputation (that's why he didnt pick Caucau). HIs philosophy of picking disciplined young players is getting good support among us, that's why not a lot complained about the selection of young inexperienced players for this RWC.

If he remain as head coach and take a young side next year on the Euro tour, it would do wonders for us as those countries I mentioned have very good forwards packs.

Our development team would learn a great deal from there and vice-versa.

i hear that rugby is actually the number one sport in georgia in terms of popularity [/b]

no. there's a relligion in georgia, and it's FOOTBALL ! No other sports can ever be so popular as football in georgia. and also basketball is more popular than rugby, but rugby is something new for us (Our national team played its first game only in 1989 and nowadays we have about not more than 300 proffessional rugby players. also we have only 2 rugby stadiums)and it seems to us as anything georgian, cause it's like our character. We, georgians are very proud people, we are warriors, bravehearts and there's something knightly in us. so rugbys popularity grows in georgia day by day. we love this game !

it should be interesting for rugby improvement in georgia and the rest of europe to have a 6N b tournament that would envolve the b-teams (georgia, portugal, etc ...).
it could also be good to include arg to the tri nat and create a new tri nat : fidji, tonga, samoa.

it will be an interesting match against france even if i expect getting the bonus, i see georgia scoring 1 or 2 tries !

btw i'm wondering why rugby is not popular at all in germany ?????? they are tough guys down there :rahh: , look at their way of playing football with at least 4 or 5 guys who could play 2nd row !!!

it should be interesting for rugby improvement in georgia and the rest of europe to have a 6N b tournament that would envolve the b-teams (georgia, portugal, etc ...).
[/b]
We already have that tournament ;) and it's name is "european nations cup" (some people even call it "6N b"). and the participants of that tournament are: Georgia, Romania, Portugal, Russia, Spain and Ukraine In every two years the weakest participant leaves the tournament and new one comes. So some years ago There was Netherlands, then he left and instead of them came up Serbia, then Serbia left and came Czech republic, and then Czech left and came up Ukraine. The winners of this tournament always are Georgia and Romania (but Georgiawas champion more times than Romania) and only once was Portugal.
It's quite good tournament, but I think it will be better if in every year the weakest team of "six nations" leaves the tournament and goes to "european nations cup" (let's give it the new name "6 N b") and instead of them the champion of "six nations B" will play in "six nations" and so every year.

More good news for Georgian rugby after their perfomance against Ireland and also them moving up in ranking.

http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/home/news/new...idential+decree

Georgia president Mikheil Saakashvili has announced plans to build at least 10 rugby stadiums over the next 12 months.

He also pledged to finance a top-flight competition in recognition of the exposure the IRB Rugby World Cup has given Georgia.
[/b]

I hope it does work out.

More good news for Georgian rugby after their perfomance against Ireland and also them moving up in ranking.

http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/home/news/new...idential+decree

Georgia president Mikheil Saakashvili has announced plans to build at least 10 rugby stadiums over the next 12 months.

He also pledged to finance a top-flight competition in recognition of the exposure the IRB Rugby World Cup has given Georgia.
[/b]

I hope it does work out.

[/b]
That's great news. Hopefully it will help establish Georgia as a strong rugby playing nation.

georgia was a great surprise, they are really strong, if you add some technique, you will become a serius adversary

yusef_2004:Georgia no chances in this World cup
Is a Poor team, is out

Hey Spanishman,don`t you remember the matches betwen Gerogia and Spain? ;) Ya Georgia isn`t such team to beat France and went in quaterfinals but it`s not a poor team,once more watch the matches between Georgia and Spain :)

yusef_2004:Georgia no chances in this World cup
Is a Poor team, is out

Hey Spanishman,don`t you remember the matches betwen Gerogia and Spain? ;) Ya Georgia isn`t such team to beat France and went in quaterfinals but it`s not a poor team,once more watch the matches between Georgia and Spain :) [/b]

hum it seems he is more argie than spanish !!!

sure that you beats spain, they're crap !!! you are in the top teams of european second zone teams. a match against italy should be interesting to see the margin you need to progress to reach the 6 nat level

<div class='quotemain'>hum it seems he is more argie than spanish !!![/b]

Why?? He has an spanish flag and his favorite team is Toulouse. [/b][/quote]

ooops you're right mate sorry ... anyway spain is crap at rugby and georgia beats them !!! :)