• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Germany vs Uruguay

Saints1

Straight Edge
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
St Helens
The third/fourth placed playoff match. No doubt the criticisms of this match will begin again - I doubt Germany in particular will be in the mood for this. They should still win it though.

I think Germany will want to at least leave on a high note. Hopefully they can smash those cheats in style. Germany 5 Uruguay 1.

Cheats? Come on man. Uruguay ended that match with 10 and conceded a penalty. It's not Suarez' fault that Gyan missed the penalty. I would do exactly the same if I was in that situation.

Uruguay hopefully wins this. I am so happy with their performance this World Cup. Best result since 1970 and for the first time since 1954 they did better than both Brazil and Argentina at a World Cup tournament.

Germany is mentally broken after last night's defeat. Uruguay is delighted with the extreme performance this World Cup and might take the 3rd place with hopefully a brilliant Suarez!!!

To be fair, Uruguay had one hell of an easy route to the semi's. They didn't play one big team before then... South Africa, a ridiculous France, a very average Mexican team and Korea? No way they will beat Germany.

Germany will probably follow their previous routine of "play poorly, then follow it up by playing very well", and win this match 4 - 0 or something, however if they play as they did last night (for the majority of the match) then Uruguay should win

To be fair, Uruguay had one hell of an easy route to the semi's. They didn't play one big team before then... South Africa, a ridiculous France, a very average Mexican team and Korea? No way they will beat Germany.

You can only beat what's put in front of you.

You can only beat what's put in front of you.

Doesn't change the fact that it was an easy route. They keep saying 'we are glad to now be recognized as one of the 4 best countries in the world...' because they made the semi's. I find that a tad inaccurate...

It probably is - but they aren't to blame for their route.

They finished top of their group without conceding a goal. After that they played Korea which gave Argentina a hard time and Ghana who beat Serbia and were able to make the Germans sweat. I know they didn't face the most impressive countries but you make it seem like it was all luck that brought them this far, which is a slap in the face of a team that performed good with a lot of talents

They finished top of their group without conceding a goal. After that they played Korea which gave Argentina a hard time and Ghana who beat Serbia and were able to make the Germans sweat. I know they didn't face the most impressive countries but you make it seem like it was all luck that brought them this far, which is a slap in the face of a team that performed good with a lot of talents

It was though. They played good teams who under preformed and who were not on form.

Also Karma has ensured that they have progressed no further.

Yeah sorry, they did have brilliant moments, and stuck it out against Ghana by doing well in the shoot-out. I just think that their 4th place (provided they lose to Germany) is a 'flattering' reflection of how good they are overall. But like St Helen's said, it's not them who chose their opponents. they did as well as they could in their draw.

I'll wet myself if Suarez scores the winning goal, by the way.

To me a 3rd place playoff is nowt more than a money spinner. A way for FIFA to erk a few thousand more quid off people who will pay to go and see it. That said 3rd place games are usually good for the neutral to watch as neither side have anything to lose and will (hopefully) throw the kitchen sink and the rest of the contents of B&Q at each other.

Uruguay 3-2 Germany

I hope Uruguay wins it but I reckon it will Germany.
they could put their mark on the game.

I'm happy I watched the game. Uruguay given a free kick for nothing but the Germans really putting lots of pressure resulting in a goal. At that stage I thought Germany would win it. But Uruguay showed some beautiful stuff and managed to score two goals. The second goal of Germany gave them the extra boost to go for the victory. Both teams really wanted to score that one goal but Germany did.

Good game.

Looking forward to tonights game.

Would've loved Forlan's free kick to have gone in at the end. Watching them play I feel that if they'd had all their players for the semi, the likes of Suarez, Fucile and Lugano, that they'd have turned the Dutch over. Oh well!

congratulations for Celeste Olimpica(Uruguay)for this campaign.
Hasta 2014,the world cup is here.

palmeiras0yp5bd.gif

Last edited:

Latest posts