• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Get a whiff of this, this week's best rugby! Guinness Pro 14 - R. 9

Dragons actually name a strong starting side (as strong as they can put out with injuries and call ups)

15 Angus O'Brien, 14 Jared Rosser, 13 Adam Warren, 12 Jack Dixon, 11 Ashton Hewitt, 10 Gavin Henson, 9 Sarel Pretorius; 1 Sam Hobbs, 2 Ellis Shipp, 3 Lloyd Fairbrother, 4 Joe Davies, 5 Matthew Screech, 6 Aaron Wainwright, 7 Ollie Griffiths ©, 8 James Benjamin.

Replacements; Gerard Ellis, Luke Garrett, Brok Harris, Rynard Landman, Ben Roach, Dan Babos, Arwel Robson, Connor Edwards.

The starting 15 isn't too bad, tight 5 isn't looking too solid but back row is ok and some talent in the backs with dangerous runners. However that bench..........

It does not seem that the Cheetahs game will be broadcast on Supersport (our only pay sports channel). This will be bad for the tv numbers in SA in terms of revenue for the Pro 14 but its the first year so will cut them some slack in the hope that they get a better tv deal next year. Hopefully we can watch matches involving only foreign teams such as Ulster vs Scarlets for example.

I will be looking to stream the game then from an illigal source since the company i pay is not interested.
Live.sx is not bad but it tends to buffer a lot even with fibre internet. Does anybody know of a good sports (including rugby) streaming site?

It does not seem that the Cheetahs game will be broadcast on Supersport (our only pay sports channel). This will be bad for the tv numbers in SA in terms of revenue for the Pro 14 but its the first year so will cut them some slack in the hope that they get a better tv deal next year. Hopefully we can watch matches involving only foreign teams such as Ulster vs Scarlets for example.

I will be looking to stream the game then from an illigal source since the company i pay is not interested.
Live.sx is not bad but it tends to buffer a lot even with fibre internet. Does anybody know of a good sports (including rugby) streaming site?

Don't if you'd be able to wangle your computer to get BBC Alba. It's to be live on that.

My apologies the game is actually being broadcast i was just not aware what day it was.

DPZWyrlXUAAaOvW.jpg:large

Really love the look of that team. If Sammy Arnold stays fit I have a feeling he could really push for a place in this team. Was excited about him when he signed, hope he comes good. In general a really exciting team. The halfback combo people have wanted to see start a game for a while now getting a chance, Cloete's getting a run, classy wings, Johnston finally making his way back to the squad and some exciting young guys like Nash and Stafford (only 19 I think) getting a shot.
I'd also like to take the opportunity to appreciate Bernard Jackman destroying a troll on Twitter
https://twitter.com/bernardjackman/status/933596716271570944

I will say keep an eye Arnold and Nash if he plays. Those 2 have been ripping it up the last few weeks. As Groundhog said Arnold is a serious talent and I'd even say if he stayed fit he'd be challenging for a spot in Irish squad. Is a better player than Farrell if both were playing to maximum ability and fitness.
Also Cloete has played already but he is a serious player

Bright start from Edinburgh. Cockerill gave an interview where he basically said he would stop imposing a set piece orientated, structured gameplan on them as the players play better loose.

Promising flexibility by Cockerill, although they are arguably a bit too loose at the moment.

South Africans clearly can't make it to the stadium in time for these early kickoffs.

Not the highest quality match. I thought the Cheetahs looked better with Stapelberg at 10 to be honest. Edinburgh middling but a decent performance from one of their two debutant South Africans, winger v d Merwe. Hopefully both are too late for the three year residency deadline.

For comedy, check out the Cheetahs scrum half defending at a scrum for an Edinburgh try. Complete brainfart.

In bigger news the mighty Tommaso Allan is back from injury for Benneton as part of a bizarrely strong Italian halfback pairing for international week with Bronizini. Dare a man dream for the Benneton reserves?

Heads are really up. Great change of line by Lamour on the pass.

Benneton surge back into the lead after lamentable play from Ulster. Allan kicking better than I've ever seen and this is a side missing 16-20 starters away from home looking to do the double on Ulster!

A painful loss but not a big deal as Benneton were never going to reach the playoffs this year anyway.

Im basically thrilled by that performance away from home with many reserves (albeit with two or three experienced internationals there). Leading in the last 10 mins and still playing fluidly to try and get more points rather than hiding into their shells. This is the sort of ambition we need to see at the national level.

I didn't rate Crowley at all last year but I am a convert. The book on him is his team's are poor at set piece, by that maul defence was brilliant and the scrum solid. Hats off to forwards coach Ongaro.

Great for the league that a second string Treviso away from home isn't an automatic winning BP for the host.

Decent enough win for Cardiff there considering the absentees. Dacey, Warbs, Gethin Jenks, Scully, Lee-Lo, Navidi, Cuthburt, Ellis Jenkins, Lloyd Williams, to name a few, all missing, against what alpha suggests is a near strength Connacht?

Was quite a fast game, I was surprised. Nice start from Owen Lane, been waiting for his debut for a while!

54-10 win for Leinster without playing that well.

Joey Carbery is being blocked by Johnny Sexton and Jordan Larmour by Rob Kearney. Both Carbery and Larmour should move for the good of Irish rugby [/Eddie O'Sullivan].

Larmour will be a hell of a player as he gains more experience. He skins defenders left, right and centre.

Larmour will be a hell of a player as he gains more experience. He skins defenders left, right and centre.

He is like Hogg in that regard.

Latest posts