• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Get fit quick

lucky number 7

International
Country Flag
Christmas Island
Club or Nation
Leinster
ok i havent trained since we lost leinster final about a month ago and i found out yesterday i have trials on friday . i played a game yesterday for greystones U17 as they were getting hockeyed by the mighty gorey and needed a wee hand :p

but even then i noticed that while playing in a younger age group the month out had severely effected my work rate i spent more time working the tight than hitting out wide and even then i was beat tired .

so i am just wondering how can i get fit for my trials in 5 days

cheers :cool:

HIIT (high intensity interval training)/Fartleks are the best ways to increase fitness quickly, but if the trials are in 5 days then you'll want at least 1 days rest before then, so you aren't going to improve massively in the 3-4 days

cheers for the help man ..i will need avery bit of fitess i can get os i will give it a crack

at senior level hell yeah they are a very good side ..but honestly their U 17 squads tackling was terrible which was a shame as they had a few very good runners on the team but were let down by the defence

I dunno anyone on the 1's so I'm really in no position to judge actually. Anyway, why have'nt you joined the Stanley Wright Appreciation Society yet? Amounts to treason!

Get yourself an agent like Versus, then you'll be big time! (or at least, you could act like it on the internet ;) )

HIIT (high intensity interval training)/Fartleks are the best ways to increase fitness quickly, but if the trials are in 5 days then you'll want at least 1 days rest before then, so you aren't going to improve massively in the 3-4 days

Positively the Correct Answer from Olyy.
Fartlek is your best method for increasing your fitness while optimizing your time.
http://www.brianmac.co.uk/fartlek.htm
That's a decent article on how to do fartlek.
Let us know your results!

Latest posts