• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Getting Inked 2

R

RC

Ok, you guys may or may not remember that I got a tattoo done last September. I had my idea in mind and lots of you guys really helped me out with issues regarding the tattooist, the tattoo parlour etc.
Now i need your help again.

I'm looking for some graphics to add to my tattoo, to give it a little more impact. Now, i buy a lot of magazines and i often see a few good designs, but ideas that strike me as something i'd like to use are too few and far between - and tattoo magazines aren't cheap.

So i was wondering if any of you guys know of any good websites with an extensive portfolio i could use to have a look around and get some ideas from.
I've seen a few sites, but none of them let you enlarge the pictures just incase you go and print it out and take it to your tattooist - so they're only willing to sell them to you...which is fair enough.
I know i could visit my tattooist and tell him my ideas and ask him to work on something with me, but i'm not fully ready with getting another one yet and i know that if he draws up something remotely good then i'll crumble and get it done there and then...and i can't afford that just now!

So any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers.

n513505910_290532_5454.jpg

That's just after i got it done.

You should have on your left bicep "Sledge" and on your right bicep "Jack" and on your chest have "Meet the hammer brothers" with arrows pointing to each bicep.

But seriously, i've looked for great ideas on the net and all the decent design catalogues on the net have to be paid for. Its the same as the magazines. Over priced!

I was thinking of getting a tribal design on my right arm, but there are so many people that have one now. I'm thinking of something small in between my shoulder blades.

Who else has some ink? Please share!

Have you ever thought about getting a forearm tattoo band, RC?

is it wrong to get Ta Moko, if your are not maori or not even from new zealand?

what do kiwi's think about this if you are either non kiwi, but understand, acknoweldge and respect the culture, or if you are non kiwi and just got the design because you thought it looked good on jake the muss

is it wrong to get Ta Moko, if your are not maori or not even from new zealand?
[/b]
I think because the fact that it is a tribal thing it wouldn't be right to get one if you had no connection to it, but I suppose that's the same with all tattoos, yet people still get them because they 'look cool'.

As for me, I'm all about meaningful tattoos so tattoos which are tribal or mean nothing to me I wouldn't get, hence the reason I don't have a tattoo, don't care enough about anything. ;)

I'm thinking of getting inked too. I wanted to get something that's meaningful to me. My older brother has the intials of my grandpa in between his shoulder blades which is cool as, but I wanted something different. I've come up with a rough design for what i'm after:

tattoo2ik6.jpg

It represents both my NZ and Canadian heritage.

I'm getting my daughters name tattooed in Amharic (Ethiopian language)

Failing that in Arabic or Hindi.

Jeff

Why not add an image to illustrate the 'this' in your current tattoo?

Whatever you choose, make sure it's nothing you're embarassed of when you're forty.

Some great suggestions.
I don't really want a tribal tattoo, i mean i could look at Celtic tribal tattoos, but they don't really do it for me and in my opinion i have no place putting a moari (or any other tribe) tattoo on my body. Plus, every roider in Cardiff is inked to the eyeballs was tribal tattoos - it'll be too generic.

I love the idea of some tear (ripping) marks. I saw a picture in Skin Deep this month of a guy who had a tattoo on his back of an alien hand tearing out of his body and gripping onto his shoulder. It looked like this hand was inside him and just tore right through. Looked awesome. I wouldn't want the alien hand, but i love the idea of a slash or tear mark.

Have you ever thought about getting a forearm tattoo band, RC? [/b]

I don't particularly like the idea of having a forearm band. It reminds me too much of the time everyone was getting barbwire tattooed around their arms.
I'm just looking to get some graphics that'll frame the words i've already got and my drape over my shoulders and down my back slightly.

I'm thinking of getting inked too. I wanted to get something that's meaningful to me. My older brother has the intials of my grandpa in between his shoulder blades which is cool as, but I wanted something different. I've come up with a rough design for what i'm after:

It represents both my NZ and Canadian heritage.
[/b]

you could always just get a picture of a sheep with a pancake on it's head :p

If you like tears, just let them make it look as if you can see muscle. I once saw a forearm tattoo that showed every muscle, so it was as if that person had no skin

(just found it:
streetanatomy.jpg
)

I wouldn't go as far as that, but if you want it to look torn, you could add the muscle structure instead of alien hands. to fill up the gap sort of speak.

Whatever you do, do not try this one I just found:
redneck_pics_tattoo4.jpg

haha that second one is freaking fantastic, he must have been on some kind of drug to get that one. He will be lucky to find a chick who likes that haha.

I will get one, one day. Will be when i have kids and put them with their birthday on my bicep.

shouldnt be too long before i start a family lol

Latest posts