• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Getting massive biceps.

W

Woldog

I've recently bought some Rugby Armour, because I got moved up to opens from colts (I'm a first year colt... so it's a big step.) and I'm a pretty big guy, but I checked out the armour it's tight around the chest but my biceps are too small lol, I realized that even though I have big Triceps my biceps need some work, so if someone could work out a bicep training schedule for me, because I've never really worked on them that much before.

maybe you can get some of those gay reds players to spot your bicep curls in the showers. after they lose another game!

Maybe I could just use those lighweight rugby players at Hawke's Bay for my low weight high reps training.

Just do curls.

Start off with 12 reps of a weight that you could do without relative struggle, then move up to a heavier weight and do 12 reps which you will struggle with, but still be able to complete.

Either that or do Pyramids, or whatever people call them these days. Start off light, then increase the weight each set and when it gets too heavy, go back down the opposite way.

Lol where is Jericho, he tells me he has huge ones but won't pm me pics.

Anyway man if you've got a usual gym routine (say four days a week) add a day in and do arms twice a week focusing on biceps for one session. I've always found that only one day a week on arms won't get big gains, but it depends on your body type. When I was trying to get bigger arms I was doing four exercises on biceps, four sets each, twice a week.

Attatch a weight to your piece and **** a lot. This will also make it bigger.

I know, how about instead of hiding in the reds lockers and trying to get some naked pics of digby, you actually go and do some weights.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (melon @ Jul 11 2009, 10:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Just do curls.

Start off with 12 reps of a weight that you could do without relative struggle, then move up to a heavier weight and do 12 reps which you will struggle with, but still be able to complete.

Either that or do Pyramids, or whatever people call them these days. Start off light, then increase the weight each set and when it gets too heavy, go back down the opposite way.[/b]

Curls contribute mostly to buildup and not strength and endurance

Better make rises

shoulder-width-press-up-a-biceps-pectorals.jpg

Just tape the sleeves to your arms...not too tight obviously.

My advice would be that you don't need big biceps, I'd stick to bicep curls with weights (but don't overdo it). You want your muscles to be powerful, I'd stick to 3 x 10 reps of about 75-80% of your maximum weight, obviously keep working your triceps and chest.

A technique I used to build muscles is called "ripping". I can't remember exactly how it works but this is what I remember;

2 x 10 reps of 75-80%
1 x 10 reps of your maximum weight.

From what I can remember being told (and I'm not a doctor so feel free to correct me on this) it effectively rips the muscles, which heals over eventually, which makes your muscles bigger.

Also, I'd advise doing as much dynamic stuff as you can, like press-ups etc.

I find a good tattoo can help emphasise your arms regardless of size

Photo8.jpg

what do you think Woldog, you want a matching one?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (K-Pac @ Jul 12 2009, 06:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I know, how about instead of hiding in the reds lockers and trying to get some naked pics of digby, you actually go and do some weights.[/b]

You can follow in the Hurricanes tradition of choking dick in the changerooms, to help you in the big time choking in the super finals.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Jul 12 2009, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (K-Pac @ Jul 12 2009, 06:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know, how about instead of hiding in the reds lockers and trying to get some naked pics of digby, you actually go and do some weights.[/b]

You can follow in the Hurricanes tradition of choking dick in the changerooms, to help you in the big time choking in the super finals.
[/b][/quote]

tradition you say :p :p :p :p :p
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: don't be too massive while choking :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dont worry the reds wont have any problems choking at the finals cause they will never make them.the closest they will come is watching it on fox while they do some team bonding and choking on each others knobs. like dale and woldog do.

Latest posts