• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Getting My Foot In the Door

D

delvecchioa2

Hey this is my first post here and I have a few questions for everyone... I am actully looking to begin playing in another country. As of right now Im playing in the usa rugby superleague but as all of you probably know the competition over here isnt great(bunch of older guys who grew up playing usa football). Anyway Im looking to possibly start playing in another country to increase my skills and play at as high a level as is possible. Where would be a good place to get my foot in the door? I was thinking possibly Japan or Italy but I honestly have no clue where to start. Oh btw im 18 years old 6 foot 2 inches and 210 pounds so I feel as if I have the size to play with anyone.

Thanks a Lot

Delvecchioa2

I'm actually looking to play a season in the Superleague, just gotta find a team.

Right, your best bet is sending a video to various clubs showing what you can do. It's a well known method for getting your name out, so it's worth a go.

Bare in mind if you want to play in England, you HAVE to be good... The clubs are only allowed 1 non-commonwealth player in their matchday squads, so chances are you won't get gametime if they have someone better. France, Italy and the Celtic sides however don't have these rules.

There's a full list of clubs and addresses somewhere on www.rfu.com

Good luck!

Thanks a lot Teh Mite. You have been more than helpfull.

Also, does anyone know anything about Japanese Rugby and the JRFU. From what I hear their top league is professional and also may be a good place to start as the level of play is not as high as it is in European nations.

What does everyone think?

In the Japanese top league, only 3 foreigners by team are allowed on the pitch at the same time. usually those spots are taken by guys like Toutai Kefu, Reuben Thorne or William Ryder, so you'd have to be really good. But it may be worth a try anyway...

I'd say the biggest pro rugby market is France though, with 3 fully pro leagues

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (delvecchioa2 @ Dec 27 2008, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thanks a lot Teh Mite. You have been more than helpfull.

Also, does anyone know anything about Japanese Rugby and the JRFU. From what I hear their top league is professional and also may be a good place to start as the level of play is not as high as it is in European nations.

What does everyone think?[/b]
I could help you out if you wanted to play in England for my old club. We currently play in National 2(2 below the premiership)

delvecchioa2

I don't know what to tell you about your future but I can say this

WELCOME TO TRF :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :lol:

Latest posts