• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ghana and penalty goal

wayner

Academy Player
Country Flag
Canada
I am betting that Ghana wishes that soccer refs could award a "penalty goal" the way that rugby refs can award a penalty try. Would most rugby refs have the "stones" to award a penalty try in a situation like that - last minute of extra time with a tied score and a cynical foul that prevents a certain score? I would hope so.

Ok, no offence but there are plenty of topics you could have posted this in.

I'm getting a little sick of very small and specific topics posted by new members. It makes the forum messy. This isn't just a go at you, but in future, maybe look for other places to post these kind of stuff without creating a new topic.

The reason I posted in this forum is that it is relevant to rugby as rugby is one of the few sports where refs can actually award points for fouls with a penalty try. At least from my perspective (North America) this is very unusual.

Sure, I have no problem with you posting it in this forum. I have a problem with you posting it in a new topic. There are plenty of other places where this question would have been appreciated, other than having to create a new thread.

If there were@'penaltygoals' is footy, what would be the point in penalties?

The way football is already (remembering the complete lack of respect for authority between the players and fans), there would be riots when a penhalty is only given as their attitude would be "of course it was certainly goig to be a goal". It's the lowlife nature of the beast.

I was thinking the exact same thing as I saw it. Perhaps they should just get rid of the Goalie for Penalties in that case? I don't know. FIFA should have a long, hard look at the game. And then a long, hard look at Rugby.

Let's not act to superior. At least football hasn't had to change its laws a bajillion times over the last few years. Most refs also seem to know the rules too.

You guys seem to forget that Gyan didn't have his penalty stopped but hit the bar. Gyan missed the penalty all by himself. A penalty kick is a proper reward for what happened. Gyan is so stupid to kick it over.

A topic only relevant because of the sycophantic love in to the continent of Africa.

I also don't understand this. If it was the other way around we wouldn't even be talking about this

Funny how this stuff happens when one of FIFAs main 'projects' at the world cup is to promote fair play.

Its also funny how football is more entertaining off the field than on it

Sadly, FIFA's officials usually find a way to steal the show, although the officials got everything spot on on that occasion.

Latest posts