* Rugby League Player of the Year = Greg Inglis

* NH Young Player of the Year = Jamie Roberts

* SH Young Player of the Year = Heinrich Brussow

* International team of the year = Ireland

* NH Club/Provincial team of the year = Leicester

* SH Club/Provincial team of the year = Bulls/ Blue Bulls

* Match of the year = South Africa vs B & I Lions, 2nd Test

* Coach of the year = Declan Kidney

* Worst Jersey of the Year = England's purple nightmare.

* Try of the year = SA vs Lions 3rd Test, Shane Williams 2nd try

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Leinsterrock @ Nov 29 2009, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i thisnk the england away kit isn't that bad.[/b]

More what it represents as the rape of an International team's proper colours being ignored for a blatant marketing purposes.

It's all very well a club side wearing a snazzy away jersey. It's a bit far but ok for them to have a separate European jersey.

International sides, however, are special. England should always wear white with blue socks. If we travel to Fiji, then fine, we wear a change strip. But this should be red or blue.

At this rate the next Lions jersey will be pink.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Nov 29 2009, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If we travel to Fiji, then fine, we wear a change strip. But this should be red or blue.[/b]

In rugby the home team traditionally change their strip when a clash occurs.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Nov 29 2009, 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Nov 29 2009, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If we travel to Fiji, then fine, we wear a change strip. But this should be red or blue.[/b]

In rugby the home team traditionally change their strip when a clash occurs.
[/b][/quote]
I know that was the case and Ireland played in their change strip against South Africa yesterday but France wore their home shirt against New Zealand.

Do the iRB have a rule on this? Is it the home team's decision as to who plays in what colour when there's a clash?

France and New Zealand seem to have become the exception rather than the norm.

Latest posts