Giteau going home

Discussion in 'Super Rugby' started by QLD, Feb 21, 2009.

1. QLD

QLD Guest

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,2...5002381,00.html

[​IMG]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    This is huge news. What do you reckon the Brumbies offered him?

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Wally

Wally Guest

Pretty huge coop the Brumbies can still lure big name players to Canberra. I don't know how they do it to be honest.

4. toxicfiend

toxicfiend Guest

that pic made me laugh

5. QLD

QLD Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Feb 21 2009, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I'm as clueless as you are. I've got know idea why they want to go play in a shithole like Canberra.

6. Fushitsusha

Fushitsusha Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Feb 21 2009, 05:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I'm as clueless as you are. I've got know idea why they want to go play in a shithole like Canberra.
    [/b][/quote]

Probably because it's a far better place to live than Brisbane or Perth.

A lot of Canberra businesses have banded together to bring Giteau back home.

The Brumbies will have no reason not to make the top 4 next year.

7. Fushitsusha

Fushitsusha Guest

Now we have to wait and see if Drew Mitchell follows him here.

8. tommowins

tommowins Guest

Wow the brumbies will be good nxt year. I will be watching them and expecting a lot from them

9. QLD

QLD Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fushitsusha @ Feb 21 2009, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Either your taking the **** or have never been outside of Canberra in your life. That would be like saying the Reds are a far better team than the Brumbies.

10. Fushitsusha

Fushitsusha Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Feb 21 2009, 06:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Either your taking the **** or have never been outside of Canberra in your life. That would be like saying the Reds are a far better team than the Brumbies.
    [/b][/quote]

I've travelled the world... and personally, I don't think Brisbane has much to offer...

Anyways, what's your beef with Canberra? You seem to try and rubbish it every chance you get... it's not Adelaide...

Hell, I'd rather live here than Sydney...

11. ChiefsFan

ChiefsFan Guest

When the Brumbies had Gregan, Larkham, Giteau and Mortlock they couldn't make the semis. Why would it be any different next year?

12. Woldog

Woldog Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ChiefsFan @ Feb 21 2009, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    You forgot Smith.

Canberra was great, not much to do down there once you have done all the tourist stuff but I prefer the weather to that of QLD's but I like the cold.

13. tommowins

tommowins Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ChiefsFan @ Feb 21 2009, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    'Cause then the Crusaders had all their good players, as well as the Hurricanes having Umaga and I think the Blues were doing well then.

14. Fushitsusha

Fushitsusha Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ChiefsFan @ Feb 21 2009, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    The last time they had all of those guys playing injury free they won the championship...

Anyways, barring injuries there's no reason for them not to make the semis with the team they have and Giteau playing flyhalf...

Unfortunately Lealiifano is too hot and cold... as he displayed tonight against the Crusaders... it's a real shame when you've got a star player like Adam Ashley-Cooper never seeing the ball...

15. maniac

maniac Guest

Interesting...Anyone think that a bald headed chimp named John Mitchell might have anything to do with this?

16. Fushitsusha

Fushitsusha Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (maniac @ Feb 21 2009, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    It's probably more to do with the fact that he wants to play for a team that has finals prospects... :lol:

Once Giteau is gone they're screwed...

17. tommowins

tommowins Guest

Yeah there is no real depth in the force squad. Only other decent players are Sharpe and Brown, perhaps Pocock and Mitchell.

18. Woldog

Woldog Guest

Maybe its because he wants to go back to his original team, wouldn't you want to go back home?

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!