• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Giving In To The Fact Im Gutted !

Using the default game settings with the default game time length I was forever getting 0-0, or 1-0, 4-0, 6-0 scorelines on ANY level of difficulty................

It wasn't until I played with the sliders that the game started to get anywhere close to realistic scorelines.

Originally posted by locksley@Dec 16 2005, 12:22 AM
One thing that did bother me, was the fact that I had about 14 injuries in one season and had to buy a shed load of no hopers from the unsigned players. I then placed these players anywhere in the squad, and simulated the matches. What happened????? I WON EVERY BLOODY MATCH!!!! This SHOULD NOT have happened.
This is because the "team ranking" are unaffected by the players that actually make up the teams (bad, bad " HB studio type" programming.........
<
)

may depend on the diffcuilty level. on reserve i notice the difference a lot and the tigers are simply crap. whereas johns makes the knights almost unbeatable. at first in franchise on reserve with the standard 10 min games i was only getting low score but then i started to figure the game out and I can score more points now. still get the odd close game like against the knights due to the johns factor and i got knocked out in the semis by the panthers in my second season 6-0.

Esoj, are you playing on reserve?

Andrew Johns was out injured last time I played the nights and I smashed them(36-6) I hate those grubber tries he gets.

yes on reserve laugh at me now and he dam well carves me up everytime. and yes those grubber tries out of dummy half he gets suck as there is no way to. I do win some games fairly easily but others can be close like that semi agaisnt the panthers, If I start smashing every team i will restart my franchise and put it up to legend for a real challenge. the ai even on reserve though does that offloading 20 times in a tackle especially in the wet so annoying as i can't play that expasnively without droping it in the wet

I wish i had known this earlier! Mystery solved!!! i now know why you are so defensive about this game, and why you are having no problems. Cant stop shaking my head. This game is AWSOME on reserve, i loved it on reserve, it just no challenge, BUT, if you find it enough of a challenge dont EVER change, or you will soon be joining the rest of us in despair. When you put it up to legend at first you will hate it, but after a while it will grow on you, and then you will take a big fall and realise you are finally sick of making excuses and waiting for miracles.

Wait till you see Andrew Johns on legend! But, if you want my advice stay were you are and be happy.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Dec 16 2005, 11:34 AM
I wish i had known this earlier! Mystery solved!!! i now know why you are so defensive about this game, and why you are having no problems. Cant stop shaking my head. This game is AWSOME on reserve, i loved it on reserve, it just no challenge, BUT, if you find it enough of a challenge dont EVER change, or you will soon be joining the rest of us in despair. When you put it up to legend at first you will hate it, but after a while it will grow on you, and then you will take a big fall and realise you are finally sick of making excuses and waiting for miracles.

Wait till you see Andrew Johns on legend! But, if you want my advice stay were you are and be happy.
yeah ceejay

i am back on seasoned

30 speed
100 agility
100 acceleration
100 passing
100 offloads
70 break tackle

its not as hard as i'd like but i find its the best mix of all difficulties
the 70 break tackle is the key.........the ai wont get anywhere otherwise

u can sit back, relax and play a tactical game of league........without as many gripes and still get those 100m tries.
u can also get the attacking kicking game going
its not league on roids
its not the ebst challenge, but i am going to get more rookies, to make it a little harder - as my raiders are in top form...tongue and chalk in the 9's for attack.
once i re-build for a younger in-experienced side...........this should provide more challenge.

Also if ur ******....say 6 beers minimum..........you will find this PERFECT.....not only is it challenging as ur judgement is out coz of alcohol...but coz ur under the influence, ur also screaming at the TV, in full voice, waking the neighbours

Got my Christmas party tonite.......neighbours in for a shock say approx 11pm
<
<

Originally posted by CeeJay@Dec 16 2005, 12:34 PM

yeah well i have only had 2 massive victores where i got 30 points most of the time it is fairly close though and like i said i do lose some games as well. this could be the crunch season though as I only have 21 players on my roster so a few injuries could hurt me. defintely reserve is good for me and maybe with tweaking of the slider i might be able to make it tougher so i don't ever win by a massive margin. and hey someone here has to stick up for sidhe.

I find Seasoned really good, although it would be nice if the AI would score just a few more trys, 12-18 on average.

I feel a good Rugby League game you should be losing 60% of your games when you get the hang on controls.

Thats when you feel really chuffed when you do win as it makes you feel better after losing close ones etc.

reserve seens like the best so i will stay on that and maybe fiddle with the sliders to make it more of a challenge

Going back for me is impossible now, ive gone too far down the dark path. I had a respectable season on legend 18 wins and 8 losses. Its too late for me, but save yourselves while you still can!

Well esoj. its all good and well sticking up for sidhe but you should wait until youve played on all difficulties, but having said that, dont ruin it for yourself if you are happy. I guess If you love it and can happily stay on reserve. then the game warrants the praise you give it. At least from your perspective. I wish i could go back.

yeah maybe i should have played on higher difficulties but oh well seems like it could be good not to. rserve is very good and i am happy with it and i think if change the sliders i should be able to stay on reserve for the forseeable future.

Originally posted by Ripper+Dec 16 2005, 06:52 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Dec 16 2005, 06:52 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj
@Dec 16 2005, 01:11 PM
and hey someone here has to stick up for sidhe.
Why? [/b]
I was thinking exactly the same thing. I thought this forum was about opinions, not loyalties. My bad
<

I like to think that esoj is just playing the devils advocate, its easier to sleep at night that way.

I hav my doubts now that esoj is a sidhe minion, notice that this forum sends the sidhe boys crying home to mama, but esoj always sticks around for a debate, even a heated one, hes not afraid to defend this game, which is more than i can say for the actuall sidhe fellas, they should hire you esoj, you can hang here and take the criticism on the chin, sugercoat it and deliver it to sidhe with the hopes of a better RL gaming future.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Dec 16 2005, 11:20 PM
I like to think that esoj is just playing the devils advocate, its easier to sleep at night that way.

I hav my doubts now that esoj is a sidhe minion, notice that this forum sends the sidhe boys crying home to mama, but esoj always sticks around for a debate, even a heated one, hes not afraid to defend this game, which is more than i can say for the actuall sidhe fellas, they should hire you esoj, you can hang here and take the criticism on the chin, sugercoat it and deliver it to sidhe with the hopes of a better RL gaming future.

What an absolute, top notch, no, PERFECT way to sum it up Ceejay. esoj has at least got the guts to stand up for his opinion, and work towards a better game.

Although, imagine the irony if he got sacked for being too harsh on RL3!

Haven't got the game yet so can some one check something, when starting franchise with a SL team, when chossing team, then SofO team.. can you then select GB for country/tri nations or can you only select England for euro nations comp? Something some one brought up on Sidhe forum about not being able to play as GB in franchise Int'l comps.

Originally posted by ian_2oo5@Dec 17 2005, 03:19 AM
Haven't got the game yet so can some one check something, when starting franchise with a SL team, when chossing team, then SofO team.. can you then select GB for country/tri nations or can you only select England for euro nations comp? Something some one brought up on Sidhe forum about not being able to play as GB in franchise Int'l comps.
I know you get a choice of england. No GB that I saw but im not sure if you have to unlock it.

No - I was disappointed with that too.

If you start a European season you can choose:
Super league team
County of Origin team
Euro Nations team - choice of England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, France, Russia.
no tri-nations comp comes up on the fixtures.

If you start an Australasian franchise:
NRL team
State of Origin
NZ or Aus to play in Anzac, and Tri-Nations tournament.

You can unlock the Tri-nations tournament, by winning it with NZ or Aus, but only for standard tournament mode, not, as far as I could see, to be added into the European franchise.
Winning the EuroNations didn't seem to do anything though.

No Tri nations in SL Franchise? sounds like a bit of a brain blink. I already hav a franchise goin so i cant make a new one and check it out. Why would they leave it out of a southern hemishpere franchise, surely u guy s would rather play the tri nations than euro nations? does that even exist?

Latest posts