• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Giving In To The Fact Im Gutted !

I am a massive side view fan but I am adapting to behind view. The problem with it for me is not the fact that it is slightly to far away as I think the distance is fine, it is more that the players should have been made slightly bigger and oviously adjusting the field accordingly.

Ive been playing this game for nearly a month now and im really enjoying it, still working out my own plays from dummy halve, getting run away tries when i put players through gaps on seasoned level (gotta keep tapping that x button to keep speed going) , yeah there is some things wrong with it that can **** me off but theres more good then bad. besides i just thrashed the aussies 30 - 6 to take the tri series with the kiwi's
<

Originally posted by frontline@Dec 28 2005, 01:50 PM
Ive been playing this game for nearly a month now and im really enjoying it, still working out my own plays from dummy halve, getting run away tries when i put players through gaps on seasoned level (gotta keep tapping that x button to keep speed going) , yeah there is some things wrong with it that can **** me off but theres more good then bad. besides i just thrashed the aussies 30 - 6 to take the tri series with the kiwi's
<
Dummy half manoeuvres are kick arse! It's great if you go short with a pass to a forward and use the shoulder charge, then usually get tackled from behind and then scoot short again from dummy half and step the wing defence trying to get back on side! I scored a 50-metre try on legend doing that after passing to Roberts after cutting back in field to pull in the fullback!

well i have been smashing the warriors of late........the rockstar game thus rl2, is collecting dust already

however when the season hots up it will be re-loaded

i have a few ideas to make the game more fun

i am a side-cam junky............only madden will i play behind, and in rl2, the side-cam is just balls

but is it just balls if i change the diffculty and sliders.

still hold my hope of finding that ZONE, that madden and pes can give me......the ZONE of fun tactical play...........the higher levels of rl2, mean u need to button mash all the time....i hate button mashing, in fact i have no skin on my thumb, coz the supporter controllers arent as ergonomic as the normal ps2's, so i my thumb has peeled like a sunburnt pommy.

I reckon there's a chance i can define side-cam, and amend the difficulty and slider for a good challenge...at the moment side-cam is a pain on anything higher than reserved, and too easy on anything lower.

Here's hoping on reserved, i can fiddle the sliders, to reach that optimum balance, for side-cam playability.

Hey knowlsley, was that you stiring up mario over at the RL2 forum! Classic line!
I thought the "dont give up ur day job" was a bit harsh, the joke was pretty good!

Originally posted by CeeJay@Dec 29 2005, 06:50 PM
Hey knowlsley, was that you stiring up mario over at the RL2 forum! Classic line!
I thought the "dont give up ur day job" was a bit harsh, the joke was pretty good!
It was indeed me sir, however I dont know where people keep getting this joke thing from. I couldnt understand what Mario was on about when he questioned my sense of humour.... I was being serious
<

Originally posted by knowsleyroader+Dec 29 2005, 10:47 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (knowsleyroader @ Dec 29 2005, 10:47 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-CeeJay
@Dec 29 2005, 06:50 PM
It was indeed me sir, however I dont know where people keep getting this joke thing from. I couldnt understand what Mario was on about when he questioned my sense of humour.... I was being serious
<
[/b]
yes, I also found the thing you said funny.

Mario the baby closed that thread. i cant believe it! it was my favourite one! He really needs to lighen up, ive noticed that andrew is pretty good, mario should leave it him and go home with his box of tissues.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Dec 30 2005, 06:22 PM
Mario the baby closed that thread. i cant believe it! it was my favourite one! He really needs to lighen up, ive noticed that andrew is pretty good, mario should leave it him and go home with his box of tissues.
yeah he also deleted one of my posts again.
<

Mario has lost the plot.
In a thread I praise Andrew for his good pr and Mario deletes it
I also said that if the people at sidhe were league fans they would of known that rl2 was'nt right, with the too many knockons, jumping being useless etc.

quote from Mario
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
How do you know how much we care about gameplay? You don't, so don't keep pretending like you do.[/b]

I said lol no offense but the proof is in the pudding.
if you cared lots about gameplay it would be better then jlr or alot better then what it is.

I said that in jlr almost every team played different
Mario(months ago on the forum)said that won't happen in rl3 why? because it's too hard
So, Mario who cares more about gameplay?

even doing things like eg warriors being the best at offloading then other teams
simpe things like that but no Mario won't do it for rl3.
but hey jlr had stuff like that, with teams like eg south africa being good at sidestepping and fending off players then other team etc.

he deleted all of what i said, can't beleive it all the hard posts deleted.
i even pm him asking why he deleted my posts but no answer.

I think Mario deleted all of it because he was getting owned.
looks like rl3 won't be good, unless they start listening to the passionate fans.

Don't know why you bothered with your site etc in the leadup to it... was always gonna be a waste of time tbh.

I think the fact that Mario is clearly letting some of the feedback get to him speaks volumes.

I agree. It seems that he only want to be associated with the "RL2 is good" threads on the RL2 site.

On a side note, I was playing RL2 the other day against a friend of mine who'd never played it before! We had a 20 minute match on reserve, and the final score was 0-0.... how realistic.
<

I told him that RL2 was too "On rails" for my liking, and to prove my point, every time he had the ball I put my pad on the floor and left it. What happened? He never made more than 30 yards during his sets of 6. The AI tackled him out of the game, thus making the human defender redundant.

I really had high hopes for this game, but, if Sidhe do make an RL3 they need to completely re-develop the game engine to enable the player to actually have FULL control of every aspect of the game.

RL2 promised so much, and, for most of it, it delivered. But the main part of the mix - Gameplay - is sadly missing!

Originally posted by locksley@Dec 31 2005, 01:55 AM
I agree. It seems that he only want to be associated with the "RL2 is good" threads on the RL2 site.

On a side note, I was playing RL2 the other day against a friend of mine who'd never played it before! We had a 20 minute match on reserve, and the final score was 0-0.... how realistic.
<

I told him that RL2 was too "On rails" for my liking, and to prove my point, every time he had the ball I put my pad on the floor and left it. What happened? He never made more than 30 yards during his sets of 6. The AI tackled him out of the game, thus making the human defender redundant.

I really had high hopes for this game, but, if Sidhe do make an RL3 they need to completely re-develop the game engine to enable the player to actually have FULL control of every aspect of the game.

RL2 promised so much, and, for most of it, it delivered. But the main part of the mix - Gameplay - is sadly missing!
Like I said almost as soon as I had played it.

RL2 is the " Dragons Lair " of rugby gaming
<

Originally posted by locksley@Dec 31 2005, 01:55 AM
I agree.  It seems that he only want to be associated with the "RL2 is good" threads on the RL2 site.

On a side note, I was playing RL2 the other day against a friend of mine who'd never played it before!  We had a 20 minute match on reserve, and the final score was 0-0.... how realistic. 
<

I told him that RL2 was too "On rails" for my liking, and to prove my point, every time he had the ball I put my pad on the floor and left it.  What happened?  He never made more than 30 yards during his sets of 6.  The AI tackled him out of the game, thus making the human defender redundant.

For a start they should change the camera angle on defence to the right way and maybe have it like jlr were when the oponents teams player gets close to any of your players then it high lights that player and you take control of that player

Mario is still sticking with the good old, "ignore any posts that make good points routine" and hes still claiming that the majority of feedback is positive, I spose that makes sense if hes ignoring and closing any threads that hit home. Who is he kidding?

Originally posted by locksley@Dec 31 2005, 12:55 AM

<
No offence Locks, but I can't figure out how you keep getting such low scoring matches... The worst match I've had was 3-0 in a SOO match on Legend in a 15 min match, but when I play a human opponent there are generally more tries. I played a match against a mate of mine the other day and just beat him 24-16 in a 15 min game, and most of the online games I've played usually end up with scorelines like 18-10 etc and have only 6-6 match when there was massive lag. Anyway, my point being, how do you end up with such low scoring games? Maybe you just haven't gotten very good at attack yet?