• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Giving In To The Fact Im Gutted !

Originally posted by CeeJay@Dec 11 2005, 09:29 PM
And if you get the a pc version prepare yourself for the most horendous control configuration known to man!!
Yeah I don't get that at all aye... Why they didn't include a button configuation option is beyond me! And why, if they were going to make a standardised control setup for the PC version, did they use such a terrible configuration?!?!? Why not just make it like the PS2 version????

Originally posted by C A Iversen@Dec 11 2005, 03:06 PM
With all respect to one of the very best forum members, I have to say that I have found Locksley's opinion to be too inconsistent this time, and personally I hope he plays the game for another week or so and then comes back with a definite opinion/rating. I think even he has had a hard time making up his mind on this one.
Point taken... but doesn't the fact that I can't make my mind up speak volumes?

RL2 is a strange game. I was playing franchise last night and loving every minute of it, but during every game I was cursing the control. I can't make my mind up. It's a game that I really love AND dislike at the sametime.

There are serious fundamental errors with the game, and the fact that you have to adjust the slider bars to get the best out of it says this to you. However, and this is only my opinion, I think it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay superior to RL1 and rewards you for spending lots of time on it.... but that defence
<

If you had all the features from RL2 & joined it up with the amazing, superb control system of Rugby Challenge 2006 then you'd have the PERFECT rugby game.

Originally posted by locksley+Dec 11 2005, 11:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (locksley @ Dec 11 2005, 11:39 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-C A Iversen
@Dec 11 2005, 03:06 PM

With all respect to one of the very best forum members, I have to say that I have found Locksley's opinion to be too inconsistent this time, and personally I hope he plays the game for another week or so and then comes back with a definite opinion/rating. I think even he has had a hard time making up his mind on this one.

RL2 is a strange game. I was playing franchise last night and loving every minute of it, but during every game I was cursing the control. I can't make my mind up. It's a game that I really love AND dislike at the sametime.

There are serious fundamental errors with the game, and the fact that you have to adjust the slider bars to get the best out of it says this to you. However, and this is only my opinion, I think it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay superior to RL1 and rewards you for spending lots of time on it.... but that defence
<

If you had all the features from RL2 & joined it up with the amazing, superb control system of Rugby Challenge 2006 then you'd have the PERFECT rugby game. [/b]
Certainly agree with the last part although as sanzar said the engine could do with a bit more player inertia implemented but the swordfish isnt really far off the mark at all and with just a few simple tweaks it could be absolutely spot on.

Only wish someone could offer swordfish funding for a league game.

Locksleys right that this game rewards you for spending more time on it, but the defence!! I feel your pain!! I think it was you locksley who said that you struggled a bit with the RL1 defence, so I cant imagine how bad you are finding the RL2 defence. I hav to say that i think the defence in RL2 iS broken, no mater what you do you simply cannot cosisitantly make tackles. This shouldnt hav got passed the tester.

Originally posted by locksley+Dec 11 2005, 11:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (locksley @ Dec 11 2005, 11:39 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-C A Iversen
@Dec 11 2005, 03:06 PM

<

If you had all the features from RL2 & joined it up with the amazing, superb control system of Rugby Challenge 2006 then you'd have the PERFECT rugby game. [/b]
This sort of sums it up for me as well. Enjoyable and frustrating all wrapped up as one.

Played Franchise mode last night and really enjoyed it (even had the "OK, one more game before I go to bed" thing happening.....).

Defense is too easy if anything once you work out what to do. Just sit back and just as the computer player is about to reach your defensive line quickly hit the "closest player' selector and put in a big hit (generally you will have the support of a number of computer controlled teammates as well). MANY times you will force the ball out of the oppositions grasp.

May have to go up to Legend difficulty though as I have only conceded 1 try (a close range dummy half run) in 5 games with the warriors.

Mucking around with the sliders I have now got more realistic scorelines for games of 15 minutes. Note: using updated 2006 squads.

Game 1: 26-6 (dry, vrs sharks), game2: 6-0 (wet, vrs bulldogs), game3: 22-0 (dry vrs cowboys), game 4: 14-0 (wet, vrs panthers).

Lines breaks are averaging around 8 a game.

Can we have some suggestions with the sliders.

I am loving it, but i won the 2005 GF, and my team is getting better....BIG AMOS ROBERTS playin for da Raiders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am on seasoned, and find legend, just to damn crazy and out of control with rgds to the AI passing etc...its extravagant!!

Before I move up to legend, i need to move thr sliders, coz i aint loading up legend on the defaults.

In ym 2005 season, i finshed with 8 losses, and was very satisfied with everything...stats, scorelines, types of tries etc

with each play, i learn something new, it just keeps getting better

i score some sensational runaway tries, and even one of a grubber kick.....BRILLIANT STUFF.

yes it has issues, but i am having more fun with this than R2k5......

I'm using the warriors, and their 2006 squad pretty much sucks................however I have created "the Man" Mundine, and he is playing a fine role at standoff for me........
<
(cost: $205,000)

The other problem with the warriors in 2006 is the small squad. Already lost Lauaki for 5 weeks and Faumuina for 12 weeks with a bung knee.

Nothing i did with th sliders on seasoned made the ai anymore threatning. U just need to move up to legend, and even that will become a bit easy on normal settings. Ive posted the settings I use earlier in this thread. They are still working well.

e.g. In origin one I got beat 36 - 6 and in origin two i won 18- 16. My season is currently 12 -5- 0 with the warriors and im in second position. I hav never held a team to 0 points!

Off the top of my head for my sliders...

Break tackle - Down
Offloads - Up
Pass accuracy - Up
Strips - Up

Originally posted by ak47@Dec 12 2005, 08:53 AM

I am loving it, but i won the 2005 GF, and my team is getting better....BIG AMOS ROBERTS playin for da Raiders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am on seasoned, and find legend, just to damn crazy and out of control with rgds to the AI passing etc...its extravagant!!

Before I move up to legend, i need to move thr sliders, coz i aint loading up legend on the defaults.

In ym 2005 season, i finshed with 8 losses, and was very satisfied with everything...stats, scorelines, types of tries etc

i score some sensational runaway tries, and even one of a grubber kick.....BRILLIANT STUFF.

Hey question for u AK 47 I know you like side view like me do you play it on sideview or from behind?

Just from the first game I picked up on most things that have been said. On reserve I managed to some how not score a try by half time, 0-0. The second half was a totally different ball game and I absolutely carved up Les Catalans with three or four tries but each time I got over I didn't know how to dot the ball down.

Brisbane Broncos 0, Les Catalans 6

I defiantely need to adjust the ball to ground and knock on thing. How do I access the sliders? Oh, and how do I put the ball down once over the try line? (keyboard).

P.S. If anyone has Logitech controller could they tell me the buttons and ****.

Amen,

Wally.

Originally posted by Ride The Cliche@Dec 12 2005, 09:57 AM
I'm using the warriors, and their 2006 squad pretty much sucks................however I have created "the Man" Mundine, and he is playing a fine role at standoff for me........
<
(cost: $205,000)

The other problem with the warriors in 2006 is the small squad. Already lost Lauaki for 5 weeks and Faumuina for 12 weeks with a bung knee.
Just update the squads to include the 2006 players
mine currently looks like

rugbyleague220051212112315376b.jpg

Originally posted by TheBokke+Dec 12 2005, 10:26 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBokke @ Dec 12 2005, 10:26 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Dec 12 2005, 08:53 AM

Hey question for u AK 47 I know you like side view like me do you play it on sideview or from behind? [/b]
behind cam Bokke!!!

all the other angles are unplayable

I rather sidecam...always will, but it just doesnt work in this game

Once i master the game, inside out, i will endeavour a new franchise on an easy setting with sidecam.............u could only use it on easier difficulties to get any fun out of it.

Surely people have moved the agility slider.............to update the buses with powersteering.

I like those stats Ceejay

I will utilise your sliders, and incorporate any other suggestions and sheak n tweak

Parore: You've got a few players in there that are no longer part of the squad though???

Originally posted by Ride The Cliche@Dec 12 2005, 11:38 AM
Parore: You've got a few players in there that are no longer part of the squad though???
Yeah i am going to create a Le Catalans club and offload them there

'a' on the keyboard to ground the ball (think it was button 4 on the controller)

there is a thread on the sidhe forums that has the supposedly updated players.

Originally posted by woosaah@Dec 12 2005, 10:45 AM
'a' on the keyboard to ground the ball (think it was button 4 on the controller)

there is a thread on the sidhe forums that has the supposedly updated players.
Radical. And the sliders, where are they?

Latest posts