• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Gladys Knight plays rugby during Super Bowl

• Thread starter funksoulbrother
  • Start date
F

funksoulbrother

"Unlike European sport, which tends to run commercial free during the actual match, over the past twenty or so years the public's appetite for entertaining commercial spots during the many stoppages in play of the National Football League Championship has lead to many memorable ad pitches....."

see digitALLSTARS web crawl for more

gladys_knight_rugby.jpg

Dude, I couldn't believe that stuff when it came on. It's for a damn credit card, and they've got the authentic English kit, random players, and a strange looking opposition kit. It was messed up beyond belief.

I was at a friends Superbowl party and as I was the only one that played rugby in the room, everyone turned to me for answers. I simply told them that it was like all other commercials during the Superbowl, "complete nonsense."

What a load of crap.

yeah... thats pretty f***en stupid really...
"the sport with no pads, no helmets and no million dollar commercials"... All I can say is THANK f***!

I gather most Americans would have been sitting there say "no helmets?" "Is it soccer?"

i explained the sport rugby to an american chick and they dig it.....best pick up line eva!...lol

<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
LOL
ROTFLMAO

man.....how freekin wierd wood that be....americans wood b like "dude you see that....the idiots keep passing it backwards"

CLASSIC!
<
<

remember guys rugby is one of the fastest growing sports in the world so the NFL are panicking and trying to give it a wimpy image. I have spoken to alot of Americans latley and alot of schools are starting to play it.

its big in colleges i heard

america could be a real big force in rugby - they just need a business man to get a pro league going - like major league soccer - to kick start it

That wud be pretty cool. Myabe a masterleague like on R2004 (god forbid)
and every club team in the world (proffesional) would face each other once every month and etc you et the pic neva gonna happen

Originally posted by funksoulbrother@Feb 9 2005, 04:49 AM
its big in colleges i heard

america could be a real big force in rugby - they just need a business man to get a pro league going - like major league soccer - to kick start it
We've got a near-enough professional league, but there's no point in chucking a shedload of money if the overall interest is not there.

The crowds are growing, but very slowly. It's just going to have to come via it's own means (plus, it needs to be self-sufficient for the professionalism to take root.)

With the people and money that America has....NZ is so lucky that the States has not taken up rugby seriously yet. They would so kill us.

They can take it up seriously in 2040 when the NZ has reached 10 million. Then we might have a slight chance.

Rugby is growing quickly at Youth levels. In 2000 there were only 5000 high school players. In 2004, there were 17,000 high school players.

I have seen 5 new high school teams this year alone in my city. Wonderful to see and to be a part of (I am a high school player).

Latest posts