Glasgow v Biarritz

A

An Tarbh

<div align="center">
Glasgow.png
Glasgow v Biarritz
Biarritz.png
</div>

Glasgow have recalled Daryl Gibson, Hefin O'Hare, Sam Pinder, and Dan Turner for Sunday's clash at Firhill. Injuries have meant Turner returns at lock in place of Kellock and O'Hare takes over on the left wing for Evans.

Damien Traille will return to the centre for Biarritz and there are more changes in the pack with Serge Betsen returning alongside a new look front row.

Can't see past Biarritz's away record in this competiton. Your thoughts???

Glasgow: 15 Bernardo Stortoni, 14 Lome Fa'atau, 13 Andrew Henderson, 12 Daryl Gibson, 11 Hefin O'Hare, 10 Dan Parks ©, 9 Sam Pinder, 8 Johnnie Beattie, 7 John Barclay, 6 Kelly Brown, 5 Dan Turner, 4 Andy Newman, 3 Moray Low, 2 Fergus Thomson, 1 Justin Va'a.
Replacements: 16 Eric Milligan, 17 Ed Kalman, 18 Opeta Palepoi, 19 James Eddie, 20 Chris O'Young, 21 Scott Barrow, 22 Graeme Morrison.

Biarritz: 15 Nicolas Brusque, 14 Ashwin Willemse, 13 Henry Fa'afili, 12 Damien Traille, 11 Benjamin Thiéry, 10 Marcelo Bosch, 9 Julien Dupuy, 8 Samiu Vahafolau, 7 Imanol Harinordoquy, 6 Serge Betsen, 5 Trevor Hall, 4 Jérôme Thion ©, 3 Denis Avril, 2 Benjamin Noirot, 1 Eduard Coetzee
Replacements: 16 Benoît August, 17 Petru Balan, 18 Santiago Dellape, 19 Jacques Cronjé, 20 Fabien Cibray, 21 Philippe Bidabe, 22 Julien Peyrelongue

looking forward to this one! Biarittz have a fantastic away record however Glasgow have only lost at home once in 2007 (on first fri. in january!). One has to give on sunday, and despite missing Kellock and Evans i can see Glasgow sneaking the win. Everyone will have to play their best game though, particularly our under-performing no. 14 - if he gets his finger out it should be enough to see off the challenge.

Probably the best rugby we will see at Frihill this season though, im just hoping glasgow have something to do with that!

Should be a close game. Both teams out of form at the moment and its so important for Biarritz especially to win this game, if they lose there is every chance they wont go through due to their inability to score tries at the moment.

Can't wait for tomorrow. It'll be a really good game and if Glasgow put last weeks loss behind them we should win.

IF this game goes ahead, i can see Glasgow having a definate advantage! :D

(For those of you not lucky enough to live in or around Glasgow, theres about a centimeter of snow lying on the ground, its still coming down strong and it forecast to be cold tomorrow! :( )

Listening to it now and Biarritz's dire form continues into the first half of this match. 9 - 3 to Glasgow.

BBC Radio Scotland's coverage is funny, the commentators have done a good half time anaylsis, especially of the "ritual humiliate a member of the crowd session" :lol: I can hear all ten Glasgow fans making some noise too...

Edit: ....and my god...I think Glasgow might pull it off...complacent Biarritz are within thirty seconds of getting their good kick up the arse...

...and I think what Glasgow Warriors need are chaps with drums and horns in the crowd.

Final edit: And so ladies and gents who doubted and underestimated Glasgow's impressive home form...have we learnt anything today? I think it would have been scandelous to see Biarritz snatch yet another win after playing so poorly throughout their group. They've been complacent, thinking that they can just win when they want and where they want. They've almost paid for it twice this HEC and finally the correction has happened and Biarritz have received their just deserts. Congratulations to Glasgow!

I now go to Italy next weekend with some serious damn christmas cheer!

Prestwick - hopefully we can add to your christmas cheer next week, and then give you guys some new year blues in january! :D

ps. there was nearer 20 fans today - a good turnout! ;)

Such a close game in the end.

I was gettting nervous at the end when Biarrtiz where on the attack. Glasgows defense was fantasic today. I would love to be going to Biarritx next week for the away fixture.

and btw did you see Parks shouting at the ref before he kicked it out, asking him if time was up. :)

Such a close game in the end.

I was gettting nervous at the end when Biarrtiz where on the attack. Glasgows defense was fantasic today. I would love to be going to Biarritx next week for the away fixture.

and btw did you see Parks shouting at the ref before he kicked it out, asking him if time was up. :) [/b]

aye, and i also let out a rather large cheer when i saw how happy Parksy looked! :D (much to the bemusement of all the Biarritz fans who decided to suround me!)

was a very nervous finish, but fitting since this is surley one of the most Historic results are team have had!

Looking forward to the Saracens game already. (Although there is the small matter of a trip along the M8 before then!)

The conditions were crap and so was the pitch, Glasgow played the conditions better and deserved to win. Have they not lost in 11 months at home?

The conditions were crap and so was the pitch, Glasgow played the conditions better and deserved to win. Have they not lost in 11 months at home? [/b]

last defeat in Glasgow was on January 6th (our first home game of the year) against Ulster, meaning if we beat Newport on Jan 4th 08 we will have gone over a year. :D

Having watched much of the game again today, i have to say Glasgow looked really good in the first 15 minutes - with lots of great passing and a few people nearly breaking through. Then it went downhill as Parks kicked at every opertunity. (apart from Lome Fa'atau finally gettting his fonger oot his erse and showing some class in running from deep) In the end Biarritz had nearly 30 minutes camped in our 22, but only 3 Points earned somewhat unfairly to show for it. O'Young had 2 fine tackles, but apart from that Biarritz didnt really have any opertunities to score either.

In a way, the score almost flatters Biarritz, but as the Herald today pointed out, the only disapointment for home fans is the lack thereof. But things are looking up for rugby in Scotlands biggest city.:D

Someone who really surprised was Willemse. How can this guy possibly play for the Springboks? he was poor under the high ball, loads of handling errors, not particularily physical and he was absoloutely skint by Fa'atau.

Latest posts