Glasgow v Cardiff Blues

A

An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
Glasgow.png
Cardiff.png

Glasgow v Cardiff Blues
</div>

Cardiff Blues coach Dai Young is able to restore openside flanker Robin Sowden Taylor to his side for Friday evening’s Magners League meeting with Glasgow Warriors at Firhill.

The Blues travel to Scotland on the back of six wins in all competitions and looking to cement their status as serious ***le contenders against an equally able Warriors outfit.

Sowden Taylor is back from Wales duty, but fellow internationals Jamie Roberts and Tom Shanklin are in international action for the Test with Australia, so Ceri Sweeney starts at centre. The Blues must also do without rising star Leigh Halfpenny, despite the winger’s omission from Warren Gatland’s side to face The Wallabies.

The home side welcome back centre Max Evans, his brother Thom, stand-off Dan Parks and hooker Dougie Hall from Scotland duty, with Max named at 13 after winning his first cap against Canada last weekend and Thom starting on the wing.

Argentine full back Bernardo Stortoni and prop Justin Va'a, who featured on tour for The Pacific Islanders, also line out in the side after their international exertions.

Glasgow Warriors: B Stortoni; L Fa'atau, M Evans, A Henderson, T Evans; D Parks, M McMillan; J Va'a, D Hall, E Kalman; T Barker, A Kellock [capt], C Forrester, K Brown, J Beattie.

Replacements: E Milligan, M Low, D Turner, R Vernon, C Gregor, R Jackson, H O'Hare.

Cardiff Blues: B Blair; G Thomas, J Robinson, C Sweeney, T James; N Robinson, J Spice; T Filise, T R Thomas, G Powell; D Jones, P ***o; M Molitika, R Sowden-Taylor, M Lewis.

Replacements: S Roberts, G Williams, St Morgan, B White, R Rees, D Hewitt, R Mustoe, C Czekaj.

From - Setanta Sports

It will be good to see Sweeney play a full match, but I don't think he will be that great at 12 (nowhere near Roberts anyway). Has anyone seen him start as a 12 before?

Yeah, i'm pretty sure he's played 12 a couple of times for Dragons. but nothing that you can really put your finger on.
Cardiff should take this. A few weeks rest, but great form is behind them, they should be full of confidence.

In fairness, I'd take three regional losses tonight for a Welsh win tomorrow.

No doubt about it.
I'd take every region losing every game they'll ever play if Wales would win all their games. :D

Alright boys calm down, it doesn't work. I said I'd take Man U losing 10-0 to Aston Villa for a Wales win last week, and look what that got me!

Well it was 0-0 actually, so it all went ***s up in fairness. But atleast half of the result was correct.

Against a good Glasgow side and missing 7 internationals not to mention Nicky going down after a few minutes, not surprised. At least we've got the loss before the Biarritz game and don't lose that one.

Imagine if Shanklin was playing...

Latest posts