TRF Legend
Club or Nation
Leinster
Links:
BBC Preview
Magners League Preview
Planet Rugby Preview
Radio Coverage

Glasgow Warriors: B Stortoni, DTH van der Merwe, M Evans, G Morrison, H O'Hare, R Jackson, C Gregor, J Welsh, F Thomson, E Kalman, T Ryder, R Gray, R Harley, J Barclay (capt), R Vernon.
Replacements: P MacArthur, K Tkachuk, M Low, A Muldowney, C Forrester, H Pyrgos, D Weir, P Murchie.

Connacht
: G Duffy; T Nathan, N Ta'auso, K Matthews, F Carr; I Keatley, F Murphy (c); B Wilkinson, S Cronin, J Hagan; M Swift, B Upton; M McCarthy, R Ofisa, M McComish.
Replacements: A Flavin, R Loughney, R Sweeney, A Browne, S Conneely, C Willis, M Nikora, T O'Halloran.

Last edited:
A very tough game but connacht have alot of players coming back from injury. I think Glasgow will win this but Connacht have a lot of confidence and it wouldn't surprise me if connacht stole the show.

I hope Connacht continue throwing the ball around. They've scored 7 tries in 2 games so far this season having scored just 20 in 18 games last season. New head coach Eric Elwood and the new backs coach Brian Melrose seem to recognise that good things happen when you get the ball in Fionn Carr's hands.

Ian Keatley has shown a new lease of life in this his 3rd season with Connacht. If he continues the form he's shown in weeks 1 and 2, he has a great shot at adding to his 2 cap haul come the November tests and subsequent 6 Nations. I really think there'll be a bidding war for his services next season with all 4 Irish provinces on the lookout for a good flyhalf. Keatley will be able to name his price.

Another who can seriously boost his prospects with a good performance is Jamie Hagan. His scrummaging is coming on in leaps and bounds while he's now contributing a lot in the loose too. Hagan is Ireland's best long term bet at tighthead prop in my opinion. Facing Jon Welsh will be a challenge for him but I think he's up to it.

The game isn't being shown on TV so your best bet for coverage could be Galway Bay FM or knockon.ie.

Glasgow lead by 8-6 but Connacht are coming back at them. From the reports on knockon.ie the Connacht scrum is making the Glasgow scrum their *****.

Edit - Try Connacht. You can probably guess the scorer! 8-13

Last edited:
Connacht win 17-19. What a difference a competent coach makes. It's their 1st away win since World War II or something.

Didn't see the match, but always good to see Connacht get a win,
Watched the "Tries of the weekend" for the Magners on RugbyDump earlier, Fionn Carr was class last weekend, some brilliant work by him

Seriously, why isn't Fionn Carr in the Ireland sqaud? He's bloody amazing.

Seriously, why isn't Fionn Carr in the Ireland sqaud? He's bloody amazing.

Who gets dropped?

Well in Nov. Earls may be injured, at best not up to full fitness, so count him out anyway. But with Trimble back playing great stuff and Fitz back, Felix Jones, Kearney, Bowe, Murphy pfft!!!!!

Who gets dropped?

Well in Nov. Earls may be injured, at best not up to full fitness, so count him out anyway. But with Trimble back playing great stuff and Fitz back, Felix Jones, Kearney, Bowe, Murphy pfft!!!!!

Thought you could sneak Felix Jones into the middle of that list and no one would notice eh? I'm onto you mate!!

Who gets dropped?

I'd have him over Trimble, Kearney and Jones at the moment. Seriously, this guy could be a real asset come the World Cup, look at his try scoring rate. We could easily throw him in against Samoa and maybe give him a few minutes against South Africa.

On form, Fionn Carr would be ahead of every Irish winger not called Tommy Bowe. He deserves his chance to start making that pitch at international level and has been showing that sort of danger for some time. Arguably his complete game isn't there, but oh well.

Hagan also deserves a shot.

Latest posts