<div align='center'>
Glasgow.png
Leinster.png

Glasgow v Leinster
Venue: Firhill
Date: 24 October 2008
Kickoff - 19:30, Live Setanta Sports
</div>

There's only 1 change to the Glasgow side for the visit of the champions. Kelly Brown replaces Richie Vernon in the backrow as all of Glasgow's internationals are included in Sean Lineen's plans for Friday's game.

So it's back down to earth with a bang for Leinster and again a sign of how far they've come as a team under Cheika. Under normal circumstances we'd expect Leinster to lose this match but are things different now? Only time will tell, I for one remain reluctant.

Leinster lost the corresponding fixture last season and need to start putting a string of victories together if they want to recapture their Magners League ***le.

So will Leinster flatter to deceive again or can they get the win?

Cheika has gone with the same backline that started the second half against Wasps although there's a provision over Girvan Dempsey who may miss out due to illness. In the pack Healy and Fogarty come into the front row with Wright switching to tighthead. Toner is in for Cullen and the backrow is unchanged.

Leinster: 15. G. Dempsey/G. Browne, 14. S. Horgan, 13. L. Fitzgerland, 12. F. Contepomi, 11. R. Kearney, 10. J. Sexton, 9. C. Whitaker ©, 1. C. Healy, 2. J. Fogarty, 3. S. Wright, 4. D. Toner, 5. M. O'Kelly, 6. R. Elsom, 7. S. Jennings, 8. J. Heaslip
Replacements: TBC

Surely if Girve misses out Kearney will play FB and Browne to wing? Kearney could use some game time at 15 heading towards the AI's.

I would have thought so, if Kidney has no plans to use Dempsey then he should go with Kearney, we've had too many horrors with Murphy at full back and Earls long term prospects look like centre or wing. This is a perfect game to put Kearney at full back regardless of Dempsey's fitness.

Woeful game, 12-3 to Glasgow at half time, too many turnovers conceded by Leinster, ref is whistle happy, at least there wasn't that much damage done with Heaslip in the bin.

Setanta commentator in understatement of the night, it's not a classic but it's close.

well there's 2 hours well spent.

Just as woeful in the second half, Leinster were shite, Glasgow were only slightly better, fair result.

Didnt watch it, wasnt interested in watching it, glad I spared myself the trouble

Latest posts