• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Glasgow v Ospreys

Ryan Jones has been superb so far this eavening. He's made ground every time he's touched the ball and is really getting the O's go forward. It's meant that the Ospreys are finally getting some quick ball. Starting to look half decent at last.

Edit: another try, Walker this time.

Further edit: poor Glasgow 13, he's played well on his debut, but misses the tackle on Walker.

That was a very strange performance from Glasgow. Has Sean Linnen turned into Frank Hadden perhaps?

Much happier with that display. The poor start to the season might be a blessing in disguise for the Ospreys as they now realise they have much to work on. Should certainly stop the complacency that has appeared to creep in during the important parts of previous seasons.

Lads just watched game there and think the real blessing for Ospreys is Ryan Jones (deservedly not playing for Lions due to him been very bad last season) he was outstanding tonight and really came true as a leader. I think he playing like a man who wants to prove his class.

And what happened to Glasgow just fell apart but good old Tommy still on form :bravo:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Sep 26 2009, 02:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Lads just watched game there and think the real blessing for Ospreys is Ryan Jones (deservedly not playing for Lions due to him been very bad last season) he was outstanding tonight and really came true as a leader. I think he playing like a man who wants to prove his class.

And what happened to Glasgow just fell apart but good old Tommy still on form :bravo:[/b]

I think the Ospreys are a team who are trying to prove their class. Perhaps a little to hard in the past!

Good win for the Ospreys, its little away wins like that that make the difference at the end of a season. Hopefully they can get a bit of momentum now ready for the autum.

The Ospreys have won every game away, (Glouster, Connacht, now Glasgow) but their only home win comes against a weakened Leeds side...

Anyway, good second half from the Ospreys Biggar, Bowe and Walker all played well, but Ryan Jones was in a league of his own. Had he been putting that sort of performance in last season, he'd of been Lions captain.

First half awful. Second exactly what they should be playing like all the time. Bowe made some excellent passes/runs and took a Shane Williams-esque run for his try. Thought Byrne played well, also, and Biggar. Hook is a terrible centre. Either play him at 10 or not at all.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DuncTheDoodle @ Sep 26 2009, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The Ospreys have won every game away, (Glouster, Connacht, now Glasgow) but their only home win comes against a weakened Leeds side...

Anyway, good second half from the Ospreys Biggar, Bowe and Walker all played well, but Ryan Jones was in a league of his own. Had he been putting that sort of performance in last season, he'd of been Lions captain.[/b]

Don't think Ryan would've got Lions job even if on form think it was always Paulie or BOD.
But yeah he was in league of his own and will be interesting to see who will lose out in backrow come H'Cup time.

And another question any time i see Osprey play and Walker he seems to always give good account of himself so surely they must be able to find spot for him but think Hook is on major come-down after Lions and Biggar out-performing him for 10 and well he was shaky at 12

Bowe and Hook at centre, Walker and Wiliams on thw ings, with Byrne at fullback and Phillips/Biggar halfback combination. I'd like to see more of Tom Isaacs, though. He seems to be a good player.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DuncTheDoodle @ Sep 26 2009, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Bowe and Hook at centre, Walker and Wiliams on thw ings, with Byrne at fullback and Phillips/Biggar halfback combination. I'd like to see more of Tom Isaacs, though. He seems to be a good player.[/b]

That seems like a great backline as from what i've seen Walker merits a start but would Ospreys agree that Bowe has grown to be their most clinical and valuable back.
Since he left Ulster he has resurrected his career and possibly become Ospreys best back

Latest posts