Glasgow v Saracens

A

An Tarbh

<div align="center">
Glasgow.png
Glasgow v Saracens
Saracens.png
</div>

Huge game tonight with both sides still in contention for making the knockout stages.

Sarries are in pole position but Glasgow have already seen off Biarritz at Firhill as well as having a more than decent home record in the Magners League.

Gaffney's side have a great chance to get a top seeding and a potentially easier quarter final but something tells me it's not going to be that easy.

Your thoughts???

Glasgow: Stortoni, Evans, Gregor, Gibson, O'Hare, Parks, Pinder, Va'a, Thomson, Low, Palepoi, Kellock, Brown, Barclay, Beattie.
Substitutes: Hall, Tkachuk, Kalman, Turner, Eddie, Barrow, Morrison.

Saracens: Russell, Haughton, Sorrell, Farrell, Penney, Jackson, de Kock, Skirving, Hill, Chesney, Vyvyan, Jack, Johnston, Ongaro, Lloyd.
Substitutes: Kyriacou, Mercey, Ryder, Gustard, Dickens, Powell, Ratovou.

Well Glasgow pretty much have to get a bonus point victory and against a side in such excellent form and a narrower than average pitch i cant see it happening. I think Glasgow will win but only by a couple of points meaning Saracens will qualify. This is what its all about though, final round showdown.

It all depends on how well the other kicks. Glen Jackson is by far the 'out of the box' fly-half and maybe the narrowness of the pitch might aid him with a cheeky cross-field kick or three to Richard Haughton? Maybe, we'll see.

I would say Saracen's pack to out-muscle Glasgows and win, but only by a point. Nothing more.

My feeling is that Sarries will sneak it but I think it'll be nip and tuck all the way.

Well good lord that's an interesting start to say the least, very difficult call there for the video ref but he gives the try to Haughton

Kick it straight Glenda....

He didn't kick it straight :c

EDIT:

Kick it wide Parks....
Kick it wide Parks....
Kick it wide Parks....
Kick it wide Parks....
Kick it wide Parks....
Kick it wide Parks....
Kick it wide Parks....
Kick it wide Parks....

He kicked it straight.... :c

FURTHER EDIT:

Listening to BBC Radio Scotland's coverage and this passage made me chuckle:

<BBC Scotland commentator> And he takes it quickly and to Parks who safely delivers it to touch, Gordon Bulloch what do you make of that passage of play?
<Gordon Bulloch> *snickers softly then says dryly with a hint of sarcasm* Well, I would have thought Parks would have tried to do something with that, *sarcasm off* we can't get that bonus point if we keep kicking the ball back to them...

Nothing special so far,Glasgow have given away two tries. Haughtons right arm was clearly in touch, but Saracens are starting to put the phases together. Could me a mauling..

Haughton was definitely in touch for the first try, no way it should have been given.

Glasgow back to within two points but we're in the last phase and the wind is proving hell even for special needs Parks.

Sarries still on course, four points in front.

EDIT: And Saracens are officially in the Quarter Finals for the first time in their history and are seeded highly for a home game...hooo...my...GOD!

[blink]DANCE EPIDEMIC TONIGHT![/blink]

Congratulations to Saracens on getting through, they have definetely deserved it overall. Slightly lucky tonight but they did what was required and never really looked like losing.

Glasgow put up a good fight, but a mixture of bad luck and SHOCKING handling cost them dear.I feel they deserved 2nd in the pool but alteast they have made a big step forward and hopefully they can get through next year.

To those who say it wasn't a Del boy's try was not a try:

Law 22 (g) Player in touch or touch-in-goal. If an attacking player is in
touch or in touch-in-goal, the player can score a try by grounding
the ball in the opponents' in-goal provided the player is not
carrying the ball.[/b]

TMO spot on.

Fair enough, retarded rule though

Also it was hard to see whether O'Hair had his hand on the ball.

It is a bit of a retarded rule I know but needs must y'know. Although if that try had been disallowed, Saracens would still have been top and Glasgow would have had a much better chance of making the last eight.

Ah! Ce la guerre!

In other news, I've already booked tickets for the final, regardless of whether Saracens get all the way or not, it's going to be an incredible atmosphere in the Millennium Stadium.

Latest posts