• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Glasgow Vs Scarlets

D

DuncTheDoodle

<div align='center'>
Glasgow.png
scarletscx5.png
</div>

The teams that beat the two big Irish sides go head-to-head today, looking for to keep the momentum doing in their favour. New-recruit Llanelli winger Sean Lamont, who scored on his competitive debut last week, is up against his home club, and so it'll be intresting to see how he fairs.

Glasgow: Bernardo Stortoni; Rob Dewey, Peter Murchie, Graeme Morrison, Thom Evans; Dan Parks, Chris Cusiter; Jon Welsh, Dougie Hall, Moray Low, Tim Barker, Alastair Kellock (capt), Kelly Brown, John Barclay, Johnnie Beattie.
Replacements: Pat MacArthur, Kevin Tkachuk, Dan Turner, Richie Vernon, Mark McMillan, Colin Gregor, Colin Shaw

Scarlets: Daniel Evans; Sean Lamont, Rob Higgitt, Jonathan Davies, Mark Jones (capt); Rhys Priestland, Martin Roberts; Iestyn Thomas, Ken Owens, Deacon Manu, Lou Reed, Dominic Day, Dafydd Jones, Richie Pugh, David Lyons.
Replacements: Phil John, Emyr Phillips, Vernon Cooper, Simon Easterby, Lee Williams, Dan Newton, Gareth Maule.

Jon Welsh destroyed both Tony Buckley and Julien Brugnaut of Munster in the scrum last week. If he continues in that vein against Deacon Manu, Welsh could feature in the Scotland squad before long.

As if Manu wasn't useless enough, he can't score a try while many metres over the tryline...

Dan Evans was excellent, (I swear that drop goal went over.) Martyn Roberts was far better, and we almost had three more front-row tries. I lvoe them.

Although: We did. A couple of positives to take out of the game, but I guess it's still a loss. *Sigh*

Irish had there nightmare weekend last week, and the welsh have it this time. Surely both Scottish sides shall lose next week?

Scarlets should have won that game. Two almost certain tries missed. Congrats to Glasgow, but the Scarlets should be kicking themselves.

On a positive note, is Dafydd Jones regaining the kinda form he was showing in 04? He was excellent today in every aspect of the game. It's also nice to see a Welsh team's lineout working with such accuracy. Scarlets will be a different team when Stephen Jones returns, I can see them doing well this year, as their pack seems to have turned up at last.

Was thinking the same RE the pack. We won't be THAT good, as our performance against Leinster proved, but we'll put in a much better effort.

I'm not sure, these young guys with some confidence is a recipe for success. There are areas that the pack need to improve on. I thought Pugh was pretty useless today, failing to clear Glasgow players ruck time, so I think Jonathan Edwards needs to come in. And of course, Manu is nowhere near good enough unfortunately. Rhys Thomas needs to come back in and stop being a thug. Other than that though, I thought both second rows looked comfourtouble, and the young hooker Ken Owens is shaping up very nicely. Lyons and Dafydd Jones have started with a bang, so I hope they continue.

In the backs, they are playing with flair and their defence has improved tenfold from last season. If the likes of Daniel Evans can cut some of the mistakes out of his game, he's got a bright future, as he was superb in allot of the things he did today.

Any news on when King will be fit? To have him playing alongside Jonathan Davies again would be a boost. Higgit is another good prospect, but it leaves the midfield very inexperienced.

For those who watched it how did the ex-bris players get on? Higgit and Stortoni

King is due in december. The sooner Regan King, Matt Reece and Srepehen Jones are better the better. The Scarlets are a better team with them.

Latest posts