Glen Jackson

Discussion in 'European Champions & Challenge Cup' started by steynboi, Jul 31, 2008.

1. steynboi

steynboi Guest

[​IMG]

It annoys me he is one of the most super awesomeness fly halfs for the guinness premiership and new zealand always like to leave him out.

I think new zealand should at least field him in the autumn friendlies he had a great year with sarries who agrees with me?

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. candybum

candybum Guest

Is he back in NZ? or have the NZRU changed their rules? :S

Yeap this guy was on form when he was playing for Bay of Plenty before he left but yeah... who doesn't carve up when they go up lol

4. Sir Speedy

Sir Speedy Guest

Mauger, but listening to you guys that's to be expected.

5. steynboi

steynboi Guest

hes so super awesomeness

6. fcukernaut

fcukernaut Guest

Carter, Evans, Donald, Brett. Is he better than any of them? No.

7. Klarkash-ton

Klarkash-ton Guest

well NZ don't pick overseas players. There's a pretty good All Black team not playing in NZ at the moment. It's a shame that players like Jackson leave, but usually they only do it when it looks like they can't break into the team.

The quality of play in the GP and HC is very high. Some players improve over here and it would be good for NZ rugby for them to bring some of it back. But the money's in Europe.

8. Sir Speedy

Sir Speedy Guest

I'm sure you watched him all through last season to give such an unbiased and fair verdict. <_<

9. steynboi

steynboi Guest

hes from canada he knows nothing about GP rugby :) he probably never even heard of the super awesomeness of gj.

only fly half better than jackson is carter who imo is one of the most overated best players in the world although he is the best flyhalf he has shockers some matches

10. Sir Speedy

Sir Speedy Guest

Who doesn't?

Also, your signature is incorrect. You beat the Ospreys 19 - 10, not nil.

11. steynboi

steynboi Guest

whoops thanks for that.

But even when carter plays bad the commentators **** me off and say he played so good.

12. Not only are NZ not calling him up, but we aren't either, even though he would be allowed to play.

13. fcukernaut

fcukernaut Guest

I lived a large chunk of my life in New Zealand. Believe me, I know all about Glen Jackson and there's a reason why he couldn't crack the Chiefs lineup. Regardless of the NZ selection policy, the fact is he's also an old man and if I had the choice of any from the list above or Glen Jackson to ride the bench for the All Blacks I know which ones I'd rather pick. Hint: the ones with the upside.

14. Prestwick

Prestwick Guest

He is the lynchpin of the team, does cause some howlers from time to time but to be fair everyone does. On the whole, he is one of the most consistent kickers in the GP and I believe racked up the most points the HEC last year. The guy is superb to be honest. To be honest, I think its the pressure he thrives on because usually the rest of Saracens tend to leave him with a huge hole to carry the team out of.

Simply put, for stability and more options than "run with the ball" or "panicky drop goal at the half way line" at fly half, Glenda is your man! As a caveat, I would say that even 2007 Johnny Wilkinson offered more options than "run with the ball" or "panicky drop goal at the half way line" so that isn't really saying much..

And fcukernaut, however did you know that Glenda wasn't as good as that forementioned line up? Obviously you must be tapped into the Global Kiwi Monitoring Network (or GKMN as those in the know call it), a network of floating invisible cameras using WIMAX technology to enable people to keep tabs on every Kiwi on the planet (thats right, Ripper, they're watching you...they're out to get you).

Little do you know that I also have access to this network...currently watching I Bleed Black playing on his 360 wearing his Hurricanes jim-jams!

EDIT: Hey Steynboi, you going to any of Sarries away fixtures abroad? Viadana was hella awesome last season!

15. steynboi

steynboi Guest

nah we don't go abroad next year i will probably hardly go and see them much because i live in oxfordshire now and i got gcses and my dad work abroad so its hard. (ill be having to put the rugby score card on sky sports live score centre now :() why cant they do a rugby sunday like they do soccer sunday and keep us informed with the match score :(

if i get good gcses and saracens play well maybe we might go get tickets away to watch saracens in hopefully the hieneken cup 09/10 season or if not european.

I remember the good old days when i lived in hertfordshire near watford where every sunday i would go with my fez and support the men in black. we had season tickets every year in the rous stand.

16. Prestwick

Prestwick Guest

Dayum mate, best wait until you're of University age and can afford to go off on a whim like I can. Definitely going to the Viadana game and am in negotiations for a road trip to Bayonne!

17. steynboi

steynboi Guest

at least i got my email of me buying the limited edition pink one :)

Did you know the new kit is relese on 6th august

18. jawmalawm24

jawmalawm24 Guest

Glen Jackson wasn't really that good when he was here playing for B.O.P next minute he's up north carving up but I don't think he's improved it's just that he's in a league that's at his level now. I was glad when he left because to be honest he was craphouse and I nearly put him in the same category as Tasesa Laveatory.

19. steynboi

steynboi Guest

excuse me but the league he plays in is not at his "craphouse" level it is probably the most competitive league in the world imo. I think its better than the super 14.

So your saying Wilkinson is bad. Glen Jackson is not bad... Richard Hill isn't bad, Chris Jack is certainly not a crap house its clear to me that you don't watch the Guinness premiership nor the Heineken Cup.

Talking about low leagues the only good players you have got is Jerry Collins and Weepu and Nonu, Rodney So'oialo. But then again most of the people i mentioned where in the game that got owned by the wallabies.

20. jawmalawm24

jawmalawm24 Guest

You read wrong I said that he was craphouse not the league he was playing in. Last time I watched a full seasons of Guiness or Heineken was 2 years ago so your right I haven't seen any lately and all those players mentioned are good players but I'm talking about Glen Jackson not them.

He played here from 1999-2004 for B.O.P and Chiefs realised he would never be considered for the All Blacks because of the likes of Dan Carter, Luke McAlistar and Nick Evans etc. So I guess he decided to go up north because he's just left overs and becomes leading points scorer in the 2007 Guiness Premier so either he's good or all the other players in the league couldn't keep up with him so they might be under par.

Well since your talking about Super14 players there's still Joe Rokocoko, Bryan Habana, Richie McCaw, Schalk Burger, I could go on but I really don't need to.

21. esoj

esoj Guest

he was ok before he left nz but nowhere near the level of carter that's for sure. I only see a little bit of some of the games up north and what I saw definitely wasn't better than the super 14 thats for sure.

you may have to the guys up that way can be very slow sometimes :p

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!