• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Gloucester Next Season

jack6161

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Gloucester
Anyone else think that Gloucester next season have a chance of winning the ***le? There are a lot of good players coming in (eg Morgan) and along with the ones we have I think there is a chance! Hopefully Morgan, JSD, Sharples and May can work their magic all season with Trinder/Twelvetrees in the centre. I'm looking forward too it, think our back line could be one of the best in the Premiership.

Snowball in hell's I'm afraid. You're right about the backline, but the pack looks distinctly softcock, particularly if Nick Wood gets injured - and I don't think the backline is good enough to get around that.

Also, one of the best backlines going forwards maybe - but in defence? There's a number of them with things to work on in that department.

Na Worcester are defiantly on course to win next year, hopefully gloucester get relegated :p

Na Worcester are defiantly on course to win next year, hopefully gloucester get relegated :p
Not with the power of Pwdin!
They'll be playing wonderful free-flowing Turkish backline rugby.
Get rogered up front through.

looks like Nigel Davies will be the head honcho, you'll get to see some lovely tries from the shed, but be prepared to lose more than you win.
And while the Turks have never had props your will suddenly get soft hands but weak backs.

I hope not, Glaws' props are about the only good thing about their pack at the moment!

Fear them, for they have no clue what they are doing.
Pity them, for they have no props.

At least we don't have to fear the mighty Tim Ryan solving our problems:cool:

At least we don't have to fear the mighty Tim Ryan solving our problems:cool:
Wheeeeyyyy, dunnewwwww!!!

Conversely, you don't even have Tim Ryan to solve your problems!! ;)

Yeah, I posted that and then realised what I had said.
Send him to Cross Keys for a few weeks, he'll be sorted in no time.

We've virtually no chance of topping the table because of squad size and quality in the tight 5, but if we develop some players over the course of the season, hit a vein of form towards the end, keep our key players injury free, and manage to break into the top 4, I think we have a chance of causing an upset through the playoffs.

Just seen Tindall has signed as player/backs coach.
This is hilarious! All that talent in the backs and you put him in charge of them!

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

I think every Gloucester fan will be happy with this, and everyone else will wonder why.

tbh most gloucester i know really dislike like him as well haha

He's not the best, and I hope he doesn't get in ahead of 12. Twelvetrees 13. Trinder 22. Mills/Molenaar 23. May, but I'd like him to be around when injuries occur. I think a lot of the youth in the squad can draw from his experience and defensive game, and he covers both 12 and 13 now, so he's handy to have around.

Not sure about him as a coach. He's loyal to Gloucester which is a plus, but has no coaching credentials. I'd have been worried whoever we brought in though. We don't quite have the money to attract the Wayne Smiths of the game. Hopefully him taking a dual-role means we have a bit more money to invest in the tight 5.

Latest posts