• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Gloucester v Cardiff Blues

A

An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
Gloucester.png
Cardiff.png

Glocuester v Cardiff Blues</div>

First final of the season sees the Blues taking on Gloucester at Twickenham.

Seeing as this is the last final under the current format there's the added motivation of being the last winner.

The Blues have kept up their European form in this competition and probably go in as favourites having already knocked out Northampton, Leicester, Bath and Sale. Gloucester for their part have seen off the Ospreys, Wasps, Dragons and Newcastle to get to the final.

Both sides also have the added incentive of laying down a final marker for Lions selection with McGeechan and Edwards watching on in the stands. Tindall missing out through injury probably finishes off his chances but the likes of Delve and Roberts still have a point to prove.

Should be the Blues to take the win but I think it could be a close affair.

The Blues shouldn't lose this. They're the only Welsh side with a steely edge, whereas Gloucester have nerves of jelly, and Cardiff also have the advantage of having beaten Gloucester twice already this year.

you'd think as well that if they play anyway like they did in the semi final that this Cardiff side would take the chances which the Ospreys spurned.

Yea id agree with both of you really, my only concern if having watched Cardiff for the last 10 years, being favourites against Gloucester scares me a bit!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sean43 @ Apr 17 2009, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yea id agree with both of you really, my only concern if having watched Cardiff for the last 10 years, being favourites against Gloucester scares me a bit![/b]

wasn't an issue the last 2 times, should be this time round either.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Apr 17 2009, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sean43 @ Apr 17 2009, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yea id agree with both of you really, my only concern if having watched Cardiff for the last 10 years, being favourites against Gloucester scares me a bit![/b]

[/b][/quote]

were we favouritesin the HC clashes? I thought it was about equal, maybe slight advantage to the home side
I feel like we're more than capable of winning, but something at the back of my mind is telling me to be nervous :mellow: it'll be close, but hopefully a Blues victory

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Apr 17 2009, 10:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Apr 17 2009, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

were we favouritesin the HC clashes? I thought it was about equal, maybe slight advantage to the home side
I feel like we're more than capable of winning, but something at the back of my mind is telling me to be nervous :mellow: it'll be close, but hopefully a Blues victory
[/b][/quote]

well I'd always have a ML side as favourites at home to any GP side in the HEC and given the way the pool had gone before the game at Kingsholm i.e. getting the win away in Biarritz, I think it was fair to say the Blues were favourites for that one as well.

Gloucester had just lost away to Newcastle - who were **** at the time - aswell, so I certainly had the Blues as favourites for that game.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Apr 17 2009, 10:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Apr 17 2009, 10:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Apr 17 2009, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

well I'd always have a ML side as favourites at home to any GP side in the HEC and given the way the pool had gone before the game at Kingsholm i.e. getting the win away in Biarritz, I think it was fair to say the Blues were favourites for that one as well.
[/b][/quote]

ah fair enough, I was nervous before the home match and didn;t quite expect the result we had, and thought we could've scraped a win against them in Kingsholm (how we did with 14 men I still don't know). Hmmm just read an online article saying how the Blues are just about good enough to beat Gloucester but nowhere near enough to beat the Tigers in Cardiff <_< they seem to be forgetting that we already have this season.

It's a load of bullshit. If their dire performance against Bath is an indicator for the Cardiff game, they will be hammered.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Apr 18 2009, 01:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It's a load of bullshit. If their dire performance against Bath is an indicator for the Cardiff game, they will be hammered.[/b]

link -----> Biased Guardian Crap

the Blues have shown that they can deal with big game pressure (and against one of Europes best teams too), and have already proven they can beat a full strength Leicester team at home so I really don't see why he's written them off so easily <_<

Problem with playing Leicester is they're an experienced outfit who love to win, and when they switch on they're a powerful side, as Llanelli Scarlets found in '07. Cardiff will need to play better against them this time 'round than they did in the Mickey Mouse cup in the Autumn. A first trophy in their history tomorrow will give them the taste of gold, and that will only spur them on to take Leicester apart, assuming the latter continues in this line of form.

I`ll stick my neck out here and predict a fine win for Glaws. I have no other reason for this exept pure blind loyalty.

Actually, I have a feeling that Gloucester might win this aswell. It's not a bad team by any means and nobody likes wionning to the same team 3 times in one season!

Which is also why I'm a tad worried about Munster vs Leinster semi-final and that Munster vs Ospreys Magners League end of season game!

Its the Polystyrine Cup final! And the fans are flocking to Twickenham in their tens!

Estimated turnout: 2,000 :lol:

EDIT: HAW HAW! Balshaw is out injired so Glaws to win by 200 points.

Am I the only one who thinks rugby games are much better at night? All the atmosphere seems to evaporate on a nice spring/summers day.

As usual Glaws are pants and Cardiff take advantage, barely held up at the like before Jason Spice goes off.

0 - 0

More unrelenting Cardiff pressure yields a penalty which Ben Blair misses. Pretty easy kick too with no wind.

If anyone knows Dean Ryan he'll be screaming his head off on the touch line.

Good reply by Glaws if half arsed. For example, why was Ryan Lamb trying to strip Narraway of the ball?!?!?! SAME TEAM!

In the end good kick and chase and results in a penalty for holding on for Glaws..Lamb misses.

And just when it was looking so good for Cardiff but it all comes apart from Nicky Robinson fails to take a kick properly and ends with a scrum on the 22 for Glaws..

Cardiff back on form with a superb move which hangs, draws and quarters Glaws. Good direct running to get the hard yards and set up Nicky Robinson to run through the gap. Some brilliant passing work between him and Halfpenny and Cardiff don't neccessarily fire a shot across possible HEC finalists Munster's bows but an entire broadside.

Cardiff 7 - Glaws 0

Latest posts