• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Gloucester v London Irish

A

An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
Gloucester.png
LondonIrish.png

Gloucester v London Irish (Sat)</div>

Welsh number eight Gareth Delve could return to the Gloucester squad after six months out with a knee injury.

But flanker Peter Buxton (ankle) is ruled out, while England centre Mike Tindall (dead leg) remains a doubt.

For the visitors London Irish, Delon Armitage starts his first Premiership match in a month at full-back, with Peter Hewat moving to fly-half.

Bob Casey and Nick Kennedy are paired together in the second row for the first time in 10 weeks.

Gloucester head coach Dean Ryan told BBC Points West: "Success in the EDF Cup has bought the fixture here and we haven't got any choice in that. At the moment, because of injuries, we could probably do without it, but that's life, we've got to get on with it and try and get a result.

"We're getting more and more injuries the more we play at the moment and we've got 12 or 13 frontline players who are unavailable so we're getting pretty low on numbers, but we'll get enough right this week and hopefully we'll go into the weekend in a positive mood.

"Just for us to get a result at the moment would be a result, and to be top of the league would certainly lift spirits."

Gloucester: Willie Walker; Iain Balshaw, Henry Trinder, Anthony Allen, James Simpson-Daniel; Olly Barkley, Rory Lawson; Alasdair Dickinson, Olivier Azam (captain), Greg Somerville, Adam Eustace, Alex Brown, Alasdair Strokosch, Apo Satala, Gareth Delve.

Replacements: Andy ***terrell, Nick Wood, Marco Bortolami, Andy Hazell, Dave Lewis, Ryan Lamb, Mark Foster.

London Irish: Delon Armitage; Topsy Ojo, Elvis Seveali'i, Seilala Mapusua, Adam Thompstone; Peter Hewat, Paul Hodgson; Clarke Dermody, David Paice, Tonga Lea'aetoa, Nick Kennedy, Bob Casey (captain), Richard Thorpe, Declan Danaher, Chris Hala'Ufia.

Replacements: Alex Corbisiero, Danie Coetzee, Richard Skuse, James Hudson, Gary Johnson, Alfredo Lalanne, Mike Catt.

Glaws with a lot to do to turn this around. 15 - 0 to the exiles after the first 20.

Basically half time and its 18 - 6 to Irish
Atleast Gloucester have shown SOME fightback
But Irish to win Me Thinks

Gloucester lineout is...TERRIBLE
Havn't seen the stats yet but they must be pretty negative >=[

Gloucester looking lively in the second half. Really, Irish should finish them off after their dominant first half.
Gloucester on the ascendancy though.

Yup. Its a shame really towards the end of the first half they just gave up and let Gloucester get the points. Still reckon Irish will win it though. The gloucester scrums are looking pretty decent this half.

Irish keeping the pressure high i've got to say but thats what i expected. its a shame for gloucester though because not much atall is going there way, that high taackle was pretty bad.

Things just get worse and worse. Sin Bin and i think another players been injured...possibly Balshaw :S

Anthony Allen carded. Peter Hewat almost set up a wonder-try there, and it would've be scored if not for Allen.
That play was genius from Irish; right inside their try line and all the way up to the Gloucester 22.
9 - 21, Gloucester should have no chance now.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sandman36 @ Jan 31 2009, 04:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Irish keeping the pressure high i've got to say but thats what i expected. its a shame for gloucester though because not much atall is going there way, that high taackle was pretty bad.[/b]

it looked more like he was going down into it from a pretty low position to begin with.

I guess it could look like that but it was dangerous enough to send a man off injured. and i wouldnt count gloucester out yet...depending on how thye play in the next 10 minutes they could still put up a fight but i think they need to get atleast one try in the next few minutes.

12 - 21 now. Gloucester still need more than penalties to win this, and I don't see where their try is going to come from. Still a man down and 22 minutes left...
15 - 21 after another Barkley penalty.
Ok, a converted try to win it.
Oh wow, yellow card to Mapasua. Allen back on. Fortune's favour has swung to Gloucester.
Irish are gifting them the match this half... Rubbish from them after an impeccable start. 18 - 21. Olly's kicking has been superb this half.

Basically half-way through Sin Bin and yes its not looking as promising now...but if they were to get a try and a penalty...there winning obviously with the conversion. but its not looking as promising now. False Alarm :p lol

So gloucester have started just ploughing through the Irish kickers :) and what did i say? don't count them out yet...THREE points
Everythings possible

Looks as if Catts is coming on now...Irish have just started to loose their posture tbh.
Not really suprised

Balshaw try! Knew it would happen. Brilliant score!
23 - 21 currently. Well worked and I eat my words.
Conversion missed.
3 point game with 6 minutes to go.

And A Try!
From Balshaw...BRILLIANT passing looks as if Irish have lost the posture :)
I love to see Irish lose Lol
Made my day

Latest posts