A

An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
Gloucester.png
Ospreys.png

Gloucester v Ospreys
</div>

Venue: Ricoh Arena, Coventry Date: Saturday 28 March Kick-off: 1430

Gloucester are without ex-All Black Carlos Spencer, who is cup-tied after playing for Northampton in the EDF Energy Cup group stages.

Ryan Lamb will start at fly-half for the Cherry and Whites.

The Ospreys prefer Jamie Nutbrown to Mike Phillips at scrum-half for Saturday's EDF Energy Cup semi-final clash against Gloucester.

Gavin Henson fills in for injured full-back Lee Byrne and Jonathan Thomas' recurring groin problem rules him out.

Mike Tindall and Marco Bortolami return from Test duty for the Kingsholm side while wing James Simpson-Daniel is fit again.

Ospreys boss Sean Holley said: "Saturday's game marks the start of a huge month for us as we look to keep alive our involvement in three competitions.

"It's going to be a difficult period in terms of rugby, but it's an exciting time, everything we've done as group over the last eight months or so has been geared towards being in contention on three fronts come the end of March, and here we are."

Holley added: "The EDF trophy has done a lot for us. It has put us on the map with our English and European counterparts. It shows we can go to the home of English rugby and win a major competition.

"When we set our targets at the start of the year, we wanted to be in all competitions at this point of the season and we've achieved that.

"You reassess your goals and I don't think the group has changed their views."

Gloucester head coach Dean Ryan said: "The EDF tends to get parked for a number of weeks and here we are back in the semi-finals and these are the games that we're looking for when you get the quality of the opposition like the Ospreys.

"We've got to go to a football stadium, an unknown to both of us, and we've got to get a result and hopefully put ourselves in the final.

"You've got to look at how you can beat them. They're a side that offer you so much threat you've got to be good at just about everything.

"With some sides you can say if we can cope with this we can cope with the majority of their pressure. But the Ospreys have threat all over the field and we need to be good at pretty much all aspects of the game to give ourselves a chance."

Route to the semi-final:

Gloucester beat Wasps, Newport Gwent Dragons and Newcastle in their group to reach the semi-final.

Ospreys came through the group stage with wins over Harlequins and Worcester to book their place in the last four.

Gloucester: Morgan; Balshaw, Tindall (capt), Allen, Simpson-Daniel; Lamb, R Lawson; Dickinson, Azam, Somerville, W James, Brown, Strokosch, Hazell, Delve.
Replacements: S Lawson, Nieto, Bortolami, Qera, Cooper, Barkley, Watkins.

Ospreys: Henson; Bowe, Parker, Bishop, Williams; Hook, Nutbrown; P James, Hibbard, A Jones, Gough, Lloyd, Smith, Holah, R Jones (capt).
Replacements: Bennett, Griffiths, A-W Jones, Tiatia, Phillips, Biggar, Spratt.

BBC Sport

It's nice to see Hibbard back so quickly after his 'tripping up on thin air' incident a few weeks ago. This should be a cracker, could be in for a ***anic battle at no 8 between Jones and Delve. No diving please Azam lol.

From a Glos point of view I couldnt care less about this game or the competition. How do the Ospreys view this game and comp? This is nothing to do with the fact that I think we will get stuffed as its away from our beloved Kingsholm(and the appalling Dickenson is back in at prop ahead of the very usefull Nick Wood. Dean Ryan go now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well it isn't our full team out, I think with an eye on the Munster game, so we're resting a couple of players. CUZ THAT'S WORKED SO f***IN WELL FOR WELSH TEAMS THIS SEASON!!!!
Personally, I'd like us to win and play well today. I think I need it for my sanity.

Thats it Cyril get your excuses in early. Gloucester are at pretty much full strength which doesnt mean a lot.

Yeah right we have Tindall fresh back from guiding England to their impressive achievement of 2nd in the 6nations. How can the Ospreys compete with that? Wales were only two places away from the wooden spoon they used to so cherish.

got to love this competition, has to be the only one where people argue about who gives less of a **** about it. :lol:

daft penalty to give away from the hair bear and the orange one, not sure which player he pinged.

Nigel Owens:

340x.jpg

"Nigel: Bugger it boyos lets have a cuppa cause no one gives a toss"

I am one that hopes Gareth Delve has a monster game for Glaws!

Henson giving a penalty away and throwing a hospital pass to Ikkul in the first 5 minutes. Not looking too good after being shown up by BOD in Cardiff.

3 - 0 Glaws.

more likely to be overly strict on the Ospreys, always the way in the ML when we don't have neutral refs.

Tommy Bowe looking dangerous as always. One of those cross kicks is going to come off during the game and Glaws will be in trouble.

OH NO

Colin Charvis pitch side ...

Watch out some team will be lacking 'Composure'!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Mar 28 2009, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
good work there from the hair bear, what's the story with blondie by the way?[/b]

Ruptured his achillies! Out for season!

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hook misses simple penalty!

nasty, thankfully no Charvis over here but the funniest pronunciation of Gloucester I've ever heard, glew-ces-ter.

Latest posts