• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Goal should have 2 bars

What about quidditch style? Split the posts into three sections. Middle section for full three points on penalty and two on conversions. Outer sections for two on penalties and 1 on conversion. It would encourage greater accuracy and give a better reward to the best kicker and to running it under the posts.

That's 'cause yer all a buncha drunks on that big, damp foggy island nor'nor'east of Ushant. ;)

das

Zider eye up lanlord!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/z570J471aSI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Now goal has only 1 bar at the 3m height. However, I think that goal should have 2 bars, at the 3m and 18m heights.
Balls over 18m bar are no goal.

Higher bar is necessary.
[video]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000065313/Belichick-fumed-after-Tucker-s-game-winning-FG[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Bill Belichick is the last person to bring up stuff like this. His team has been on the receiving end of favorable decisions for over a decade.

Wouldn't change the posts, but would reduce points awarded for a pen to two.

Two reasons for this;
1.Increase emphasis on scoring tries
2.Too often referees award pens without anyone having a scooby doo what for...thus they have a bigger say on the outcome.

In the Varsity Cup (South Africa), they changed the points to promote scoring tries.

Try: 5
Conversion: 3
Penalty and drop goal: 2

In the Varsity Cup (South Africa), they changed the points to promote scoring tries.

Try: 5
Conversion: 3
Penalty and drop goal: 2

Hmmmm...

Here's the thing. I like the idea, but I wonder how...um...boring (for lack of a better word) it would make a strongly defended game in which the only points scored are off a boot (ya know, the ones that sometimes end up with [soccer] football scores)? For instance, would it hold players back from even attempting a drop goal for 'only' 2 points? At least if there's no tries in a game even a drop goal is a bit of excitement. I suppose I'm just concerned that - instead of promoting tries - it may stifle the determination to get points any way you can.

das

Latest posts