Teh Mite

TRF Legend
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Northampton
http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3551_6171103,00.html

Leeds Carnegie prop Juan Gomez has agreed a new two-year deal with the Yorkshire club.
The 26-year-old's contract was set to expire this summer but Leeds, who defied expectations to beat the drop this season, have managed to fight off competition from several clubs to extend the Argentina international's stay at Headingley.
Gomez, who has been named in the Pumas' squad for their upcoming Tests against Scotland and France, said: "I have really enjoyed my time at Leeds so far and I am very much looking forward to the next two seasons at Headingley Carnegie. This season has been fantastic for the team and we have achieved our goals.
"The coaching staff showed great belief in the squad and we were able to fulfil that. Hopefully the club can now go on from here and be even stronger in the future."
Head coach Neil Back said: "We are delighted that Juan has agreed a new contract. Juan enjoys our environment here at Leeds Carnegie and thrives on the competitive nature of our squad.
"He is beginning to flourish on the back of consistent performances which has led to him being selected for the full Argentina Test squad."

Competition from several clubs? Seriously? The guy is just awful.

His face didn't fit at Leinster but he's done okay at Leeds. Argentina is a prop factory and wouldn't pick him for the end of season tour if he was still a bad player. They've a ridiculous number of options.

His face didn't fit at Leinster? He was a lazy **** who didn't try. If he is making a go of it at Leeds fair play to him :)

When he signed for Leinster he was a 22 year old with supposedly little or no English. I can't imagine communicating with the rest of the squad was easy. I've no doubt that played a part in his struggles at Leinster. He won't be remembered fondly by Leinster fans but I've no ill will towards him.

Latest posts