• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Goodbye Classic Match - Hello Scenario Matches

MoggsyBoy81

Academy Player
Not something I expect will be in 2012 but could be a consideration for future versions.......

I know there is the feature of 'classic' matches on the previous rugby games. I'm certain this takes a lot of time to develop so I was wondering if HB could do a 'scenario builder' instead. It may prove to provide more longevity to the game.

I had the idea when playing IL2 Sturmovik. In this you can build your own scenarios. No. of allies, number of enemies, location, enemy skill, weather etc. In many ways this is a concept that I'm sure would work on a rugby game.

I.e. Instead of having the classic matches you could make your own scenario's. Such as, Leicester V Toulouse in the Heineken cup final, your Toulouse, your 10 points down, you decide weather, which satdium etc..

The Live or online facility could then provide you with different scenarios to try. All different types of matches and conditions.

Thanks for reading.

I haven't seen this suggested before and I have to say that it's a great idea and I'm sure that it would be of low cost also. I would love to relive some great rugby moments of the past. Plus, players could create scenarios online which could be downloaded and played. Awesome!

Good idea, I'm sure this was implemented on one of the Fifa games a number of years ago. You were able to set how many goals you were ahead/behind and set how long is left in the match to make it more challenging etc. Excellent idea and I'm sure it would be relatively easy and very cheap to implement.

That would be a great idea! Could be very fun especially if you could share and download ideas online through the multiplayer, and even play yours and others scenarios online with other people!

Yep, good idea. Especially seeing as classic matches never have the throw back uniforms or players. This is a much better idea.

They used to have those scenario matches on a previous rugby game.
Was it Jonah Lomu Rugby? I can't remember, but i don't remember them being all that great personally.
I completed them for the sake of doing it, but i wasn't a fan.

With Jonah Lomu, like others they had the challenge games where you pick up a game 10 points down with 5 mins to go etc. They'd always be notable games in previous world cups.

What I'm proposing is a scenario editor that would let you create your own challenges. You could encompass all of these well known challenges but also make your own. I think it would be a good thing to match your online profile against. With Xbox live you could get points for coming back from 30 points down.

Personally I think i'd use it to re-create moments in games where I think a certain substituion should have been made, maybe when my team should have gone for the line and not for goal, that type of thing.........basically getting th eOspreys out of trouble every weekend!

I think its a feature which could add to the game for a long time. If theres going to be a rugby game every couple of years we need features to keep the game fresh.

Last edited:
Ah, i understand now.
Fair point, plus i don't see it being too much a of a challenge to add to the game...then again, i say that wihtout knowing how much is on HB's plate at the moment - so who am i to talk.

But yes, i think you've got a good idea. You've swayed me slightly...and the ospreys aren't in trouble every weekend!

...just most.

Latest posts