• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Goverment to lower All Blacks Taxes?

A

andyb

Is this true. if so it is an abombination.

If New Zealand Rugby Teams cannot afford the Elite they will go, i think is is good cos all the new young talent coming thru will be exciting to see

Don't see the problem, Ireland do it and if it keep's player's, so be it, rather have the All Black's spend their money and pump it into the economy rather than give it to the government show they hoard it with their record surpluses and use it to fund their re-election campagin.

And how is it good that all our players are getting picked off left and right and centre? Personally I would rather have say, Carter/McAlister as my five eights combo than Lavea/Bruce.

Why should the tax payer have to carry the burdon of professional rugby players?

Why are they more deserving than say, a nurse or a teacher? Or a builder or a shopkeeper for that matter?

Bloody joke. If they ever did that in Australia, there would be a mutiny.

Some say that professional rugby players only get limited years at the top level and thus, limited high earnings. So what? Learn a trade instead of getting on the **** every night and playing playstation.

One of our proffessional rugby players, Scott Staniforth, earned his medical degree from Sydney University while playing pro rugby and Super 14, if I recall correctly.

they were thinking about doing what they currently do for cricket players. Using the player as a business so they get a business tax rate compared to the normal tax rate the other people get. Every player would be a seperate entity. That would only save about 3% per person so instead of paying (the rediculously high) rate of 33% they would pay the business rate of 3%.

its currently whats working well for cricket, and also what the european clubs do as well so they have they player has rights to their image and everything like that.

thats how i understand it.

Why should they get a better tax rate than Joe Bloggs?

3% tax? They are having a laugh.

they are just trying to give more incentive to the players to stay in the country thats all. Having our best players here is good for the economy, aparently. The government can do whatever they want. i am not a polititon and dont think it should be up to me what the money gets spent on. Its not like we are paying for them anyway but we do help pay their wages by going to a game or buying a sponsors product (albeit unwhittingly)

its just what i heard, it could be more. i would find the article but i cant be bothered.

How is it any different than say, the Government giving Team NZ a big fat cheque to retain all thier crew?

Ireland already do it, according to Woosah our cricketers are doing it. We aren't paying for anything, The NZRFU pay their wages out of Adidas and SANZAR monies, it's hardly like they are reliant on Government funding in the first place unlike other sports.

Don't see the problem, Ireland do it and if it keep's player's, so be it.[/b]
Ripper in shock "Ireland better than New Zealand" admission.

Lower taxes? What's not to like about it? The way gov'ts spend our wealth, we should all demand abolition of income tax.

How much of the health service is wasted by daft whingers? Does anyone really want to support pseudo cripples and chronic depressives through the benefits system? And what about the endless paper shufflers and rule makers - anyone want to keep paying their wages?

It's your wealth - not the government's. Tell 'em to **** off.

Latest posts