• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

GP Semi Final - Gloucester Rugby vs Leicester Tigers

Gloucester have their form back plus are at Kingsholm, Leicester are a bit ginger beer.

Should be a safest bet for the west country.

The Tigers have blown hot or cold all season but on their day they are well capable of beating anyone in the Guiness Premiership.
I'll go for a home win but it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Leicester turn them over. If Goode brings his kicking boots then Gloucester will have one hell of a battle on their hands. The team who handles the pressure of sudden death rugby the best will win it.

Another ***anic battle in prospect at Kingsholm. Dont know if my nerves can stand another tight game as this promises to be. As a home game Gloucester should win but you have to balance that against the fact that Leicester are a team with a great pack of forwards and a 10 who can put them in the right attacking positions. Its a worry but I still see us getting to the final and probably playing Wasps and thats another worry. Why do these big games have to be so stressfull?

can't see us winning at Kingsholm. We simply aren't cohesive enough and it's really most evident in the two teams' defensive performances last weekend. I think Tigers need Loffreda to take the team by the balls in the close season and give them some direction. A better defensive coach may be needed as imo Backy isn't producing the goods.

Gloucester v Leicester (Sun)
GUINNESS PREMIERSHIP SEMI-FINAL: GLOUCESTER v LEICESTER

Date:
Sunday, 18 May Kick-off: 1630 BST Venue: Kingsholm
Coverage: Commentary on BBC local radio and online; live scores on BBC Sport website

Gloucester injury doubts Mike Tindall (knee), Anthony Allen and Akapusi Qera (shoulder) will take their places in an unchanged starting XV.

Number eight James Forrester misses the play-offs as he recovers from a knee injury picked up more than a year ago.

Leicester make one change from the side that beat Harlequins last week.

Samoan international Alesana Tuilagi replaces full-back Johne Murphy (knee) while second row Louis Deacon misses out with a back injury.

Cherry and Whites head coach Dean Ryan told BBC Radio Gloucestershire:

"We're in front of a fantastic support base so that gives us a good chance.

"I think we do get an edge at home, we do feel more comfortable.

"The atmosphere against Bath was fantastic and if we can generate that sort of noise and enthusiasm, it does have an effect on the pitch."

More Gloucester quotes

Tigers coach Marcelo Loffreda said:

"The team showed great resilience and character in the victory last Saturday and I think the players can take a lot of confidence from that.

"I said we were not going to give up while we still had a chance to qualify for the play-offs. Now it is in our own hands again and we have another opportunity.

"Gloucester have had a good season, they have a strong team and they will have a lot of confidence, but now it all depends on what happens in this game."

More Leicester quotes

Gloucester: Balshaw; Simpson-Daniel, Tindall, Allen, Vainikolo; Lamb, Lawson; Wood, ***terrell, Nieto, Bortolami (capt), Brown, Strokosch, Qera, Delve.
Replacements: Azam, Forster, James, Narraway, Cooper, Walker, Foster.

Leicester:
Murphy; Varndell, Hipkiss, Mauger, Tuilagi; Goode, Ellis; Stankovich, Davies, White, Wentzel, Kay, Corry (capt), Herring, Crane.
Replacements: Chuter, Ayerza, Blaze, Croft, Laussucq, Vesty, Erinle.

Referee: Dave Pearson (RFU)

Cherry and Whites head coach Dean Ryan told BBC Radio Gloucestershire:

"We're in front of a fantastic support base so that gives us a good chance.

"I think we do get an edge at home, we do feel more comfortable.

"The atmosphere against Bath was fantastic and if we can generate that sort of noise and enthusiasm, it does have an effect on the pitch."

More Gloucester quotes

Tigers coach Marcelo Loffreda said:

"The team showed great resilience and character in the victory last Saturday and I think the players can take a lot of confidence from that.

"I said we were not going to give up while we still had a chance to qualify for the play-offs. Now it is in our own hands again and we have another opportunity.

"Gloucester have had a good season, they have a strong team and they will have a lot of confidence, but now it all depends on what happens in this game."

More Leicester quotes

Gloucester: Balshaw; Simpson-Daniel, Tindall, Allen, Vainikolo; Lamb, Lawson; Wood, ***terrell, Nieto, Bortolami (capt), Brown, Strokosch, Qera, Delve.
Replacements: Azam, Forster, James, Narraway, Cooper, Walker, Foster.

Leicester:
Murphy; Varndell, Hipkiss, Mauger, Tuilagi; Goode, Ellis; Stankovich, Davies, White, Wentzel, Kay, Corry (capt), Herring, Crane.
Replacements: Chuter, Ayerza, Blaze, Croft, Laussucq, Vesty, Erinle.

Referee: Dave Pearson (RFU)
[/b]

So Ryan's saying "come on crowd, get behind us", and Loffreda's saying "low expectations but we'll give it a bash".

Got to be a Glaws victory by 10 points. The players have really stepped up to the mark in the last few weeks and home advantage is huge. Got our full team out tomorrow so there can be no excuses.

I wonder which Tigers team will turn up: the cohesive one or the self destruct one?

If we don't perform well we could easily lose by 20+ points. Perform better and it could be tight. I hope Goode has his kicking boots on and Balshaw rediscovers some of his England form :rolleyes:

Cmon boys lets tame these Tigers. I hope we dont end up singing " same old Leicester always cheating" cos that means they are doing a job on us. I think its quite a compliment when that chant is sung.

At work so following the score online. Sounds like Danny can still sing about "same old Leicester" with the amount of cards being dished out.

Leicester ar so cynical today it's unbelevable, anyone else but Pearson may well have put even more players in the bin (Crane deserved a second yellow almost immedeately after coming back on for killing the ball while in an offside position).

Still, Barnes is up to his usual biased antics, bigging up the holy trinity. He's desperate to see a Pests/Cheetahs final, lavishing them with praise for literally doing nothing.

Disapointed with Ryal Lamb so far also, the day he really needs a big game (for his England asperations) he's playing somewhat "manyana".

So far this has been exactly the kind of game I didn't want to see. The result is what I wanted, but it's boring to watch.

Wahoo!!!!!! we scored a try!!!!! didn't see it so i don't care if was a good one, but clearly much needed.

Vainikolo got absolutely fuxxored up when trying to tackle Tuilagi. Try to Leicester 15 - 13.
Simpson Daniel try. Absolutely superb from the one Danny has an obsession with, 22 - 13 to Gloucester.

Another reason why JSD is conspicuous by his absence from the England side.

In other news, Goode couldn't hit a barn door.

Everyone LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL at Ian Balshaw, what an absolutely ridiculous mistake there. Oh, also, Leicester try 23 - 20 by Mauger.

Ooooo, Lamb's 'try' disallowed due to a forward pass. "F**k!", said he after he embarrassingly continued celebrating without realising it had been disallowed.

In other, other news, Iaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalshaaaaaw strikes again.

Latest posts