• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Gran Tursimo 4

Man i cant wait to get this game with this and rugby 2005 i better start saving my money

Originally posted by All_Blacks_Hurricanes_Lions_Fan@Feb 1 2005, 02:26 PM
Man i cant wait to get this game with this and rugby 2005 i better start saving my money
me too dude
i have already pre-order and paid for GT4
waiting to play Rugbys demo b4 i pay for that
however - either way i am taking holidays come march
these 2 games come out within 1 week of eachother

From IGN.COM
GT4's Release Date
At least it's coming out somewhere.
By Ed Lewis
February 1, 2005 - Sony Computer Entertainment Europe has announced that Gran Turismo 4 has a release date of March 9… for Europe. Maddeningly, there is still no date as of yet for North America even as the North American release was at one time going to be just a couple of weeks after the Japanese release which then got bumped back to December 28.
The European version of GT4 will feature 10 more cars. Some cars that will be included here are the new Alfa Romeo GT, the Audio Nuvolari Quattro, HPA Motorsports' modified Golf IV R32, the Auto Union V16 Type C race car, the Chaparral 2J race car and the Le Mans winning Peugeot 905. It's a good time to be in the PAL areas after all.

huh sum xbox fag told me that project gotham 2 was better than GT4

......i killed him!............na jks.........GT4 is the best racing simulator out!

but i like NFSU 2 and im waiting for Midnight Club 3:DUB edition

check it out at gamespot.......another EA game been taken out by competiton

only 2 more days to go till the beast is unleashed onto our roads

when i got a mised call from eb yesterday - i thought it had arrived

but they called just to confirm GT4 will be available 1st thing thursday morning

the next 2 weeks of GT4 and rugby 2005 will be gaming heaven.

have heard they have a decent soundtrack with real bands etc like franz ferdinand and all that.

all other racing games will be spat on from now on!!!!!

well its safe to say GT4 is the greatest of the series, and furthur widened the gap between its competitors in regards to racing sims

its nearly the greatest game of all time - considering it only touches one genre, its hard for this accolade to be rewarded to GT4, but its justified when u play it.

also the greatest looking, greatest visuals, of all ps2 games.

there is not another PS2 game with better graphics.

It is Sonys flagship that needs to hold the fort till PS3 comes along. It is doing a good job till then.

Maybe GT5 development is being aimed at the PS3 for their launch. It should be super impressive graphically and could help bring back the XBox converts.

Originally posted by umosay@Mar 14 2005, 12:04 PM
It won't be the best game of time for one reason. It's only on PS2
well u have 1 choice

"Get on board"!!!!

It will prolly get best game for 2005...i have seen games given "game of the year" even if they are on 1 console

It already owns best race game (of all time), best car sim (of all time), best visuals (on ps2/or any console for that matter)

Yeah I agree this game is awesome way better than any of there rivals can think up

I don't really like the game, but I have never liked any GT games. Pretty graphics, that i can admire but the slow steering and distinct lack of speed really ****** me off.

I came here to talk about GT4, the best game graphically and in its genre on the PS2. However, just like any other forum, this thread has disintergrated into a PC vs PS2 vs XBOX duel.

Originally posted by benchwarmer_chriswhitaker@Mar 14 2005, 06:56 PM
I came here to talk about GT4, the best game graphically and in its genre on the PS2. However, just like any other forum, this thread has disintergrated into a PC vs PS2 vs XBOX duel.
Okay, let's talk about GT4, I don't have it, so I can't say much.

Originally posted by benchwarmer_chriswhitaker@Mar 14 2005, 05:56 PM
me too mate

but u gotto expect jealousy from the unfortunate that cannot access GT4.
this will happen in any forum

Kafka - have it ur way mate, but ur wrong

games that get an average over 95% across all web-based, magazine based reviews, you cannot argue with anyone, and cannot possibly put it down!!

IMO - i havent seen a better console game visually.........pls name me one Kafka that looks better and i'll go and compare........any game and any console?? they gotto be gameplay visuals, not cutscenes or anything!

Hypnotised - ever been to the tune shop........may solve ur problem...it isnt Ridge Racer

Originally posted by ak47+Mar 15 2005, 03:05 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Mar 15 2005, 03:05 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-benchwarmer_chriswhitaker
@Mar 14 2005, 05:56 PM
me too mate

but u gotto expect jealousy from the unfortunate that cannot access GT4.
this will happen in any forum

Kafka - have it ur way mate, but ur wrong

games that get an average over 95% across all web-based, magazine based reviews, you cannot argue with anyone, and cannot possibly put it down!!

IMO - i havent seen a better console game visually.........pls name me one Kafka that looks better and i'll go and compare........any game and any console?? they gotto be gameplay visuals, not cutscenes or anything!

Hypnotised - ever been to the tune shop........may solve ur problem...it isnt Ridge Racer [/b]
Don't get me wrong AK, I love GT4, best racing game ever imo. I wasn't putting it down.

Originally posted by ak47@Mar 15 2005, 02:05 PM
Hypnotised - ever been to the tune shop........may solve ur problem...it isnt Ridge Racer
Haha, I realise that AK, but I still think the game gives a non existent sense of speed.

I don't own the game, I dont want the game. i can see that it's obviously good for what it is, the massive amount of options and cars etc, but the game for me is just not the least bit fun. Racing in the game for me is just like a chore, I only want to win so I can buy a new car or something, but the core gameplay does not appeal to ME.

Opinion only.

While i can see where GT is a great game, I like extreme racer games, Rollcage: Stage 2 being my favourite.

Originally posted by Hypnotised+Mar 15 2005, 07:14 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hypnotised @ Mar 15 2005, 07:14 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Mar 15 2005, 02:05 PM
Haha, I realise that AK, but I still think the game gives a non existent sense of speed.

I don't own the game, I dont want the game. i can see that it's obviously good for what it is, the massive amount of options and cars etc, but the game for me is just not the least bit fun. Racing in the game for me is just like a chore, I only want to win so I can buy a new car or something, but the core gameplay does not appeal to ME.

Opinion only. [/b]
Fair call mate

But i'll let you know the speed in GT4 is the fastest of the series
That was one issue i had with GT1, GT2 and especially GT3
now i have no issues
it still may not be fast enough for you..........bit i am just saying its vastly improved

HOWS THIS FOR REVOLUTIONARY

B-SPEC MODE

I unlocked the 'Endurance races' to find some load of shite 24hr races and other rediculous unhealthy (lack of food) races that would take all day to race and/or finish

B-spec is ur answer

Put it on B-spec mode, tell the driver to push hard, and go to bed, or go shopping or go to work...............when u come back to GT4, if u picked a good car for ur driver to race in you'll find u have won the race.

So 2nite i will hit rugby 2005 for an hour, but then i gotto go and drink beer at the pub.......in which i put GT4 on with b-spec mode, and when i stumble home ****** as, my race will be run and won..........see u can drink and drive after all

if the race isnt over yet........i'll just tell him to pit, and switch back to A-spec so i can have a dig at the wheel for the final stages

B-spec opens up a whole new ball game - TRULY BRILLIANT

Latest posts