• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Graphics........what a difference

G

gallopaway

howzit

ive just upgraded my pc from a AMD 2600 to a AMD 64 4000+ with a geforce 7600GT.

i turned up the graphics settings to the fullest and the difference was a amazing, the players looked 1000 000 times better, and the playing game was much faster. its like playing a whole new game!!!! I also lost 3 games in a row playing with NZ, because i wasnt used to it.

on my old system i had a 1 minute (exactly ) loading time before each game, now its like 2 seconds. :bravo:

mike

I just got the pc version and I hav a geforce 6200 and its like a whole new game for me too. Awsome graphics! I think ill always get the pc version from now on. Until 360 anyway. Only bad thing is the controls.

Yours sincerely, CJ.

goddamn it i need to upgrade my computer. i bought a new one in may and its still running on factory **** eg. no graphics card, pentium 4, although it did come with a geforce 6200SE videocard which is low end but better than nothing... but i dont really play games on the computer (thats what the xbox is for) but im thinking about getting WOW. any thoughts?

yeah how can you have no video card? and have a graphics card? if you had no video card you wouldnt be able to see anything, and a graphics card is a video card :)

its not that bad really but WoW is overrated

im looking in to upgraging my video card myself i gots a radeon x300 128mb, can anyone suggest anything in nz thats better, but preferably still quite cheap, i have no clue really about this subject, is geforce better?

My geforce 6200 is a 256mb card and cost 180 nz dollars, and is farly good, but that was last year, Id go one up from that if your not looking to spend too nuch. I cant remeber what the next one was caleed exactly but it wasnt that much more expensive. The whole geforce vs radeon is like xbox vs ps2, an eternal can of worms!

either a gforce 6600gt (dont forget the gt version)

not much difference really between a radion and a gforce, its just personal preference

i'm using a P4 1.7 with 384mb sdram and a radeon 9600

works well at 800x600

you should be able to up your grahpics to 1024x768 i have the same card and on high graphics as well. though i have an athlon xp 2600 (2 gig)

yeah i have a decent comp P4 3.4ghz 1g sdram prob looking to spend no more than $200 ( when i get back to work after my surgery which still hasnt happened)

Playing on 800 by 600 is uuugly. 1024 by 768 is ok, but higher than that the graphics are awsome.

can u put up some screenshots of the game at its best, cheers.

just that i only have it on ps2 and want to see how good it can look.

i'll have a little play with the graphics. i'm stuck with an old monitor at the moment and it only goes up to 1024

Originally posted by EVOL@Jul 6 2006, 06:55 AM
im looking in to upgraging my video card myself i gots a radeon x300 128mb, can anyone suggest anything in nz thats better, but preferably still quite cheap, i have no clue really about this subject, is geforce better?
get the geforce 7600GT - it just came out and is the successor for the 6600GT.
not sure how much it is in NZ$ but works out to about $250US.

its a really good card, im running the graphics to the max settings at 1024 * 768 without any lags.

i would say GEforce is better than ATI, it also easier to set up the drivers for the GEforce - i had major problems with the ATI drivers for my last ATI card.

cheers

mike

how can you stuff up the drivers for the ati? you just need to download one file, its the same file for all ati cards (well the latest ones anyway)

and that might be a bit expensive for evol, its about 550 +gst over here

Originally posted by woosaah@Jul 6 2006, 10:07 PM
how can you stuff up the drivers for the ati? you just need to download one file, its the same file for all ati cards (well the latest ones anyway)

and that might be a bit expensive for evol, its about 550 +gst over here
i know its should be simple, but when i installed the driver i got a "zero display index" error ( something like that, cant remember excactly ).

so i had to reinstal and uninstall it about 5 times in safe mode before i got it to work.

i did a search for it and in a few forums people had the same problem, it is one of those random errors that no one can explain. :blink:

cheers

Latest posts