M

monkeypigeon

This Weekend I've watched:

Ulster vs Edinburgh
Munster vs Treviso
Leinster vs Brive
Llanelli vs London Irish
Northampton vs Perpiginan

There was: 3, 6, 6, 7 and 4 tries scored in these matches.

There would have been more in the first match had it not been for an epic defence by Edinburgh and the muddy conditions.

4 or 5 of the Munster tries were lovely, the last 2 in the Leinster-Brive match were brilliant, Northampton's first and last tries (particularly the last try) were beauties and the Scarlets and the notnots played with a great sense of adventure.

One of the best weekends of rugby I've watched in yonks. What have I decidedly learned... Heineken Cup is the best club rugby competition in the world. I'll give Super 14 a chance to change my mind again this year. Now that they're free of silly free ELVs, our SH friends should watch a recording of this weekends rugby and take note. the teams with a sense of adventure are winning:

Munster, Leinster, Northampton, Scarlets (though London Irish deserve a mention for giving it a run too) and Ulster too (though again, Edinburgh did try).

Did everyone else have a similarly good experience this week? What did they think of the matches I haven't mentioned? And do you disagree with anything I've mentioned about the ones I did see?

can't disagree with any of the above, was keeping an eye on the Toulouse Quins match and that was none too shabby either with 7 tries

The games I did watch were great encounters. I watched most of Ulster v Edinburgh and found it a very fascinating match is such attrocious conditions. The first half of Ospreys v Clermont was one of the best halves of rugby I've seen in a long time with both teams looking to attack. From on O's position, the second half was dissapointing. Today the Scarlets v LI game was played in great spirit and produced some lovely tries. Thought McCuskers first was a beaty. Just finished the Northampton v Perpignan game, and found it a little dull, as the scoreline was so one sided, but a couple of nice try's scored.

Overall, good weekend of rugby, wish I could have seen more, but too much work to do. Pitty I missed the Blues v Sale game aswell, that sounded like a good one.

Clermont vs Osprays was good. The first 50 minutes in the Leinster vs Brive match were very very moring, however the last 30 got better.

Watched all the matches you did, minus the Ulster one, couldn't agree more.
I really love the HEC, teams step up so much, and there's often a lot more running rugby than you'd see in the leagues, the bonus points being that more important everyones looking to put 4 tries over the opposition, not just knock penalties over all day.

Match of the weekend for me is a close one between Scarlets/L.Irish and Saints/Perpignan. Saints had a couple of lovely tries (Foden making some lovely runs that ended in tries), and Scarlets/Irish was great to watch, as at half time you expected Irish to run away with it, but then Scarlets came back and got the BP win for themselves.

Watched Saints match last night enjoyed it, but they keep you chomping on the bit. 16 minutes to score 1 try and it took em 18 minutes to do so.

Toulouse Quins was nice as well. Toulouse were hot with runs and offloads and what have you, and Monye was on fire for the Quins. Very very good player.

Latest posts