• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Great new find!!!! for making Rugby 08 harder.

The_Wol

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Australia
Club or Nation
Reds
Ok, so I was tooling around with my Rugby 06 rosters today, and I figured out that speed is king in this game, all other things aren't that useful unless you're an impact player or a set position player, so with that in mind I did something like this:

Positions
Front rowers;
speed:35
acceleration:40
strength: w/e it would be for specific player

Second Row;
Speed:40-60
Acceleration: 45-60

Backthree;
Speed: 45 - 60
Acceleration: 45-60 (players like Kankofski and Higginbotham would have way higher speed and acceleration.)

Non wing or fullback backs;
Speed: 70 - 80
Acceleration: 60-80

Wings;
Speed: 85 - 99
Acceleration: 80 - 99 (But general ball handling and tackling not so great(again playerspecific))

Fullback (Playerspecific)

So I have an updated roster for the 2010 S14 teams, the Reds and the Crusaders done like this for Rugby 06 and my god it is so much more fun, it took me a full 5 mins to get a try in 5 min halves, getting a wing free into space makes a world of difference, I would like some people with Rugby 06 to give me their emails if they would like to test this roster for me in their Rugby 06 to see if it makes the game more fun for them if so, Rugby 08 here we come.

Teams now updated in the mod: Reds, Crusaders, Hurricanes, Waratahs, Bulls, Stormers. All Updated to the 2010 Super 14 season. the games between these teams is quite alot harder.

S14 is now fully updated and working well.

JDV do you have Rugby 06 on your computer, because I could send you this roster to try, so you could see if it would work for the game, I understand how hard updating things like this is after doing all the S14 teams.

But it is great you don't get swamped by forwards, you actually get a little bit shocked when wingers get the ball and you can't run them down with a forward. kick off the forwards take so long to get there, it's looks and feels like a real game and they instead just line up for defense.

JDV do you have Rugby 06 on your computer, because I could send you this roster to try, so you could see if it would work for the game, I understand how hard updating things like this is after doing all the S14 teams.

But it is great you don't get swamped by forwards, you actually get a little bit shocked when wingers get the ball and you can't run them down with a forward. kick off the forwards take so long to get there, it's looks and feels like a real game and they instead just line up for defense.

Yeah I still have Rugby 06 so you can send me the roster file if you don't mind...will be happy to test it out!

I don't know if this has been posted before in other topics, I am a new member of this forum and there's too much information to cover... but here's my thought. I noticed that the AI is getting significantly better in the last minutes of the match, especially when it's team is getting beaten. Is there any way of getting that script to run the whole match?

It's better when the computer plays the ball in hand from the 22 instead of kicking.

This post may not have to do anything with this thread, but it's about making the game harder, eh? :)

Rugby 08 has gotten harder with the amount of mods added to it, however that script would probably be hardcoded into the game, like the injury crash is.

This is a great find man but I'm still finding 85 speed or so a little too fast for a winger! Instead I used the Global Edit option on Woosah's Editor and reduced every player's speed by 30 and acceleration by 40. It works!

I was just about to mention that. The thing with reality vs virtual-reality is that you may set Habana as a fast winger, but the game is unrealistic. Most games have sliders, so you can keep the skills but change the game speed, but we have no sliders in this game.

So to fix the 'AI', is to basically make the game as difficult as possible to play on the easiest setting.. but you really have to think out of the box to give Habana 60/100 for pace.. if you get my drift.

Basically what I was trying for is slow forwards who can tackle, but can't cut down Rodney Davies when he's burning them over 100m, then faster backs, centers all being around the same and then wingers being able to burn everyone but not be able to tackle all that well, so forwards can break wingers tackles but can't out run them.

Latest posts