• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Great Rugby Stadiums

M

munster

What are great rugby stadiums at either club, provincial or international stage??? As great I don't mean biggest capacity or finest architecture,I mean great history and pride and, be it at the weekend or midweek, when there is a big game on the stand and terraces come alive with passion...

As a munster man ye all know its gonna be Thomond Park for me because of all its great history in the past and in the present with the best home record in the european cup...

But what stadium do you love watch a match at or even play???

Monastery Field, Connemara All Blacks:

monastery_field_02.jpg

I havn't been to many grounds actually

Millenium Stadium
Cardiff Arms Park (both Blues and Old Wales grounds)
Twickers
Old Wembley
The Mem
The Wreck
Kingsholm
Sixways
St Helens

Obviously the Millenium and Arms Park stand out for the International games. Always enjoyed the trips to Kingsholm (before it got all done up fancy). The Mem as it's our home ground, been going since before I can remember (when we wore letters on our shirts). Hopefully, time and money permitting, I'd like to try to get to Saracens, Quins as they aren't that far from me.

Nothing quite like the Brewery Field when she's at capacity.
I also love the Liberty and the Millenium...

but then again, a stadium is what the fans make it.

Where have I enjoyed:
Franklins Gardens
Sixways Stadium
Knowsley Road
McAlpine Stadium
Kingsholm
Adams Park (surprisingly good atmosphere)
Welford Road
Goldington Road

Where else have I been (that was a bit naff):
Twickenham
New Wembley
Vicarage Road
Edgley Park
<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Trafford" target="_blank">Old Trafford
</a>

I will add Thomond Park to one of those two categories next week.

I've also been to Sixfields and Gay Meadow for soccer matches, but both sucked balls.

Millennium Stadium, Cardiff - The best ever. The End.
Liberty Stadium, Swansea - My spiritual home.
The Courage Gnoll, Neath - Amazing, obv.
St Helens, Swansea - A cricket stadium with wooden benches and the pitch too far away. Also horrendous memories of Gavin Henson beating us on his own to deny us the league in 2001.
The Arms Park, Cardiff - Whenever I've been there to watch Neath or the Ospreys we've always lost. I liked it, but glad they've moved!
Cardiff City Stadium, Cardiff - We lost again. And it's pretty crap.
Stradey Park, Llanelli - f***ing shithole.
Rodney Parade, Newport - Total dump, but we won so meh!
Brewery Field, Bridgend - Went to see Wales v South Africa in the U19s world cup in 1999 with the likes of Michael Owen, Ceri Sweeney, Adam Jones and Rhys Williams playing. From what I remember it was good, but I was only 10.
Twickenham, London - Concrete mess. I hate it.

Will soon be able to add Stade de France! Going to watch Stade v Toulouse with the missus in about 6 weeks! Can't wait :)

I've always enjoyed the atmosphere at the RDS. I much prefer it to Donnybrook anyway