• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Greatest Live Band Ever?

H

Hazey

Hey all,

On the back of the thread about Rage Against The Machine, and having recently aquired tickets to see Aerosmith's first live concert in 8 years at Hyde Park, a thought occured to me... Which or Who was the greatest live band/artist you've ever seen?

Jackson Browne has to be one of the best I've ever seen.

Thanks,

Hazey

Never had the chance to see them live, but their Live DVD was out of this World..

So I nominate Pink Floyd, however my dad has seen them live before and assured me they were amazing

For me it would have to be Muse, Oasis, The Who or Foo Fighers...

I would also like to add one that will unfortunately not many people on this forum would have seen live, and thats Jimi Hendrix a true performer and probably the greatest guitarist ever to walk this earth...

Oasis, Silver Chair, Muse...My cousin says Smashing Pumpkins and Pearly Jam are unreal.

One of best outdoor shows I had seen was the Lollapalooza 1992 show(Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Ministry, Red Hot Chili Peppers...and more) in Kitsap County Fairgrounds....one of the best Soundgarden performances I had ever seen. Looking forward to seeing RUSH play here on July 20. RUSH always puts on a good show.

Cordially,
E

the white stripes are good, never actually seen them in the flesh, but watched them live from glastonbury on tv.

gorillaz would be pretty impressive as well i reckon, maybe not so much their music (which is ok) but from a visual standpoint.

That's a fair point about the Gorillaz actually, apparently when they used those huge projections of two of them it was incredible.

Good stuff guys, keep them coming!

The best show I have ever been to is easily Megadeth. I-ve seen plenty of rock acts but none compare to the metal Gods. I would love to see Iron Maiden live. They are the only band I know of who sound better on their live cd´s than on their studio albums.

Well, we don`t get many live performances over here in the African wilderness, but we did get Metallica lat year. Absolutely awesome, they blew the Cape Town crowd completely away. Easily the best of my limited experience.

Wasnt a huge fan of metallica, won tickets to their gig in Dublin last year... and it was shere amazing. Perfect crisp sound.

But my favourite live band, THE PRODIGY.

in terms of not being that good a-band but being totally fantastic live Symposium were difficult to beat. They absolutely rocked the place...but were pretty damn average in every other respect.

I was lucky enough to see Queen back in 86 who were fantastic - GNR in their hey day were great - Aerosmith are a fantastic live band - Bryan Adams is great as well ...

"...Muse, Tool and the Chilis... No particular order, all different..." kaftka.

I saw the Red Hot Chili Peppers in Wellington on their Blood Sugar Sex Magik tour and they were crap. They played what must have been on of the shortest sets in history - 45 minutes - and were booed when the crowd realised that they weren't coming back to do an encore.

The Mellon Collie tour by the Smashing Pumpkins was awesome.

Pink Floyd, as previously mentioned, always have amazing live shows.

Placebo is another act that really pumps it out live.

But for me the band that rules surpreme live is...

The Rolling Stones.

I am not a Stones fan but I was absolutely blown away when I saw them playing in Auckland in '95 (I think it was '95). They were unbelieveably brilliant.

I have tickets to see Guns n' Roses this month in Melbourne and that should be a good show.

"...Muse, Tool and the Chilis... No particular order, all different..." kaftka.

I saw the Red Hot Chili Peppers in Wellington on their Blood Sugar Sex Magik tour and they were crap. They played what must have been on of the shortest sets in history - 45 minutes - and were booed when the crowd realised that they weren't coming back to do an encore.

The Mellon Collie tour by the Smashing Pumpkins was awesome.

Pink Floyd, as previously mentioned, always have amazing live shows.

Placebo is another act that really pumps it out live.

But for me the band that rules surpreme live is...

The Rolling Stones.

I am not a Stones fan but I was absolutely blown away when I saw them playing in Auckland in '95 (I think it was '95). They were unbelieveably brilliant.

I have tickets to see Guns n' Roses this month in Melbourne and that should be a good show.
[/b]

I saw the chilis in 07 in sydney...THEY WERE AMAZING?!!! The band's matured since then. ALSO MUSE IS ALSO INCREDIBLE!! Muse and Chilis.

Muse are pretty spectacular. I'd go with the who for just immense coolness.

Metallica, hands down. Those guys are just awsome live.

Anyone going to the Wembley gig?

I wanted to, oh-so much. It's just a pitty however I didn't find out about the gig until long after the tickets sold out... <_<

Still, I saw them at Reading 2003.

Latest posts