• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Greatest rugby picture

E

errlloyd

Well I am going to go ahead and ruin this topic already by putting in a "off pitch" picture, but this has to be the greatest.

rugby_1995_sm.jpg

Nelson Mandella in South Africa handing the Cup to the South African Captain, in South Africa's first year in the competetion after years of international sporting bans. Doesn't get much more emotional then that.

Indeed it is. I was six years old at the time (1995) but I've never, as the rest of South Africa, doubted how important that moment was for the country.

Soccer is still the sport of choice to about 75-80% of the population though, so unfortunately your average black person might recognise that pic but wouldn't know the year or even who else was in the team.

Not to rain on the parade though, still very important moment!

Dunno if you guys have heard but they making a movie about the this, that pic being the focal point. Morgan Freeman is gonna play Nelson Mandela and Matt Damon is gonna play Francios Pienaar. I 1st thought WTF?! about Damon playing Pienaar but they actually look simular (ears and nose atleast). The provisional name is 'The Human Factor'.

gallery_10709_110_11436.jpg
this is my first post and i am new to this. but i think as a BULLS suporter this is the best picture ever

Does Barack Habana have a neck? Still if he can win a World Cup and run for President of the USA I'm not about to doubt his talents.

The moment Wales overturned five years of English dominance. Bwahaha. :p

_40798963_henson300.jpg

Stirling Mortlock's my 2nd favourite player (Christian Kerisiano #1), but you've gotta love this picture...
lloyd-johanson-mortlock.jpg

Soccer is still the sport of choice to about 75-80% of the population though, so unfortunately your average black person might recognise that pic but wouldn't know the year or even who else was in the team.

[/b]

Really, why are they so bad then? :p

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

[/b][/quote]
Right-o I.S, they are the clowns of the country! In the 2006 African Cup of Nations they failed to score a goal and in the 2008 version they failed to win a game :lol:

not sure about the greatest of all time, but my personal greatest rugby photo that i've taken so far...

1391198largelo5.jpg

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

[/b][/quote]
Right-o I.S, they are the clowns of the country! In the 2006 African Cup of Nations they failed to score a goal and in the 2008 version they failed to win a game :lol:
[/b][/quote]

oh christ, atleast they have McCarthy and erm..Fortune :lol:

oh christ, atleast they have McCarthy and erm..Fortune :lol: [/b]

We -don't- have McCarthy, SAFA are even more useless then SARU, and that's -really- saying a lot.

what's it been, like 13 coaches in the past 13 years or so. The guy that was supposed to save us from complete embarresment in the 2010 WC (Alberta Perriera) just left too.

That's a cracker of a shot there Valentine, where did you take it ?

just did a google image search... but this is probably my first "experience" of rugby.... i remember seeing this picture and wanting to know more about the game. 17 years later, here i am! :)

_39346480_farrjones203.jpg

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

LOL. The 2010 WC will be embarrassing then, you guys being hosts and all.

LOL. The 2010 WC will be embarrassing then, you guys being hosts and all.

[/b]

Well, us rugby fans are just gonna sit back... and say... told you so!!! [/b]

Agreed it's gonna be a big f*** up. The only reason why Bafana "qualified" for the SWC is because they are hosting it.

Latest posts