8.Zinzan Brooke

9.George Gregan
10.Daniel Carter
11.Jonah Lomu
12.Tim Horan
13.Philippe Sella
14.David Campese
15.Serge Blanco

Love to hear what you guys think and see who you picked in your team.

Is that a SH team with big lack of UK and Ire guys. It hard to pick but players I think are ommitted but could be in are
- BOD
- Martin Johnson
And well I agree McCaw is probably deserving of a spot but there are a few 7s down the years that were amazing

1.Olo Brown
2.Sean Fitzpatrick =although Fitzy went about his work well, always made sure their was a winger to score the try I would've preferred Irish Keith Wood.
3.Carl Heyman
4.John Eales
5.Colin Meads
6.Michael Jones
7.Richie McCaw
8.Zinzan Brooke

9.George Gregan
10.Daniel Carter
11.Jonah Lomu
12.Tim Horan
13.Philippe Sella
14.David Campese =Campo was the man he knew how to play against the ABs back then but the majority of the battles he had with John Kirwan I thought Kirwan won, so I would've gone with JK mind you JK was playing in a better gelled team back then.
15.Serge Blanco =Blanco always looked dangerous with the ball in hand, he had that line-breaker running style. John Gallahger, Gavin Hastings, Christian Cullen and Matt Burke wernt too bad either, many would consider these guys as the worlds greatest fullbacks.

Love to hear what you guys think and see who you picked in your team.

Just put down some thoughts in bold about your team but otherwise a champion side. You know your Rugby.

Just to throw it out there ... Pontypool front row, Barry John, Gareth Edwards (Click HERE), Phil Bennett, Bleddyn Williams, JJ Williams, JPR Williams, Mervyn Davies, Gerald Davies, John Dawes and David Watkins. All players that could easily replace any of the names mentioned above.

Id strongly take the Pontypool front row over the front three above, with having the confidence that they could out scrummage and could do well with ball in hand. Gareth Edwards easily at 9 for me over Greegan. Edwards was in a league of his own. The rest can be debated but the Pontypool front row and GE are for me the greatest there has been.

If I was to pick any players in history in their prime, to play today's game, it would be -

1. Os du Randt - Won 2 RWC medals 12 years a part. Was a very good scrummager and a real character of the Bok team.
2. Keith Wood - Best Forward out of Ireland. Lead from the front.
3. Carl Hayman - Best scrummager of the modern game. Absolute machine.
4. John Eales - The novelty of a lock goal kicking wore off quick, but he won 2 RWC medals, and captained the Wallabies to one of them, so he gets this spot.
5. Victory Matfield - Best lineout opperator in the modern game.
6. Jerry Collins - Greatest hitter in world rugby. Richard Hill and Michael Jones were different types of players, but Jerry Collins will always be the greatest hitter and hard man in rugby history.
7. Richie McCaw - Most capped All Black and AB captain, most influential openside in history.
8. Zinzan Brooke - Defines what the modern loose forward should be. All the skills of a back with the toughness of a forward.
9. George Gregan - 139 test caps. Most annoying twat in rugby history. Best halfback.
10. Daniel Carter - Highest test point scorer. Most tries for a fly half. Averages most points for a Fly half. Andrew Mehrtens, John Barry and Grant Fox have all said they think he's the best, and I agree.
11. Jonah Lomu - No winger was more influential on his day. Never has a 120kg guy run so quickly. Absolute machine.
12. Tana Umaga - Because BOD couldn't play 12. Hard hitter, great passer, great captain, great try scorer. Did it all.
13. Brian O'Driscol - Very skilled player and a good captain. Probably Ireland's best ever back.
14. Jeff Wilson - Really hard choice. People love Campese, and yes he's scored the most tries for a 1st tier country, but he did it in 101 caps. Had Lomu, Cullen, Howlett, Williams and Rokocoko played as many tests, they would have prabably scored more. Wilson scored 44 test tries in 60 tests, while setting up many of Cullen's and Lomu's tries. He had all the skills.
15. Christian Cullen - No player could do what he could do. 46 tries in 58 tests. Highest Tri Nations try scorer. He was brilliant, and he finished at only 26 years old, imagine if he played a few more years injury free.

16. Sean Fitzpatrick - Very good captain. John Smit comes close, but I'd give it to Fitzy.
17. Olo Brown - Pillar of consistancy.
18. Martin Johnson - Captained England to win the RWC, and did it leading from the front
19. Michael Jones - Toss up between him and Richard Hill. Both had an amazing work rate and a real grunt attitude, but Jones was the better ball carrier.
20. Matt Dawson - Was the creativity behind the Wilkinson. I love Kelleher, Pichot and Marshall, but Dawson was the second best scrum half in my opinion.
21. Andrew Mehrtens - Avarages the second most points for a fly half. best passer and kicker I've ever seen. Could run a game like a general and is a real character. 70 caps and 967 test points (more than Stephen Jones and Percy Montgomery has got in 101 caps and 102!)
22. Joe Rokocoko - Not the highest point scorer, and the longer he plays, perhaps the less his legacy will last. But 17 tries in a season, most of which were amazing. Was New Zealand's go to man, and in his prime was something to behold. Howlett, Williams, Campese, Underwood have scored more, but Rokocoko's tries were all ludacris.

People like George Nepia, Collin Meads, John Barry etc have all been ruled out. Yes they were good for the time, but the game is professional now, and the rules have changed. Collin Meads is regarded in NZ as the godfather of rugby, but for a lock he was only 6'2''. I'm taller than him. Ian Jones, Robin Brooke, Martin Johnson and John Eales all had to adapt to lifters in lineouts. They're more worthy in my mind than lock from 1960's, and they'd be better suited for todays game. Campese, Kirwan, Frasier, Stu Wilson were great wings for their time, but if you watch them in todays game, they'd get absolutely burned by players like Habana, Rokocoko and Ngwenya. The game has changed, and you can't realistically predict the potential of past players, and compare them to todays. It wasn't uncommon for a flanker test flanker to be 80kgs as early as 30 years ago. Props would be considered huge at 100kgs 50 years ago. Gareth Edwards was a very good halfback (Sid Going was better), but would he be as good today? Who knows? The role of the Halfback has changed. George Gregan was criticized early in his career for stepping away from the ruck before delivering to the fly half. That has now lead to fly halfs being expected to play a sniping role around the fringes, as apposed to just being crisp passers.

Anyway, that is why I've just chosen players from 95+, as the game and positions have changed in the professional era, to an extent we can't judge accurately on players prior to that.

1- Os Du randt
2-Kieth Wood
3-Hayman
4-Willie John Mcbride
5-Matfield
6-Richie Mccaw
7-Fergus slattery
8-zinzan brooke
9-Gareth Edwards
10-Dan Carter
11-Jonah Lomu
12-Tana Umanga
13- BOD...Awkward moment between the centers :p
14-Campese
15-Christian cullen

1.Os du Randt
2.Keith Wood
3.Pieter de Villiers
4.Martin Johnson
5.Victor Matfield
6.Ruben Kruger
7.Richie McCaw
8.Zinzan Brooke

9.Joost van der Westhuizen
10.Dan Carter
11.Jonah Lomu
12.Tim Horan
13.Brian O'Driscoll
14.Shane Williams
15.Christian Cullen

If I was to pick any players in history in their prime, to play today's game, it would be -

1. Os du Randt - Won 2 RWC medals 12 years a part. Was a very good scrummager and a real character of the Bok team.
4. John Eales - The novelty of a lock goal kicking wore off quick, but he won 2 RWC medals, and captained the Wallabies to one of them, so he gets this spot.
5. Victory Matfield - Best lineout opperator in the modern game.
6. Jerry Collins - Greatest hitter in world rugby. Richard Hill and Michael Jones were different types of players, but Jerry Collins will always be the greatest hitter and hard man in rugby history.
7. Richie McCaw - Most capped All Black and AB captain, most influential openside in history.
8. Zinzan Brooke - Defines what the modern loose forward should be. All the skills of a back with the toughness of a forward.
9. George Gregan - 139 test caps. Most annoying twat in rugby history. Best halfback.
10. Daniel Carter - Highest test point scorer. Most tries for a fly half. Averages most points for a Fly half. Andrew Mehrtens, John Barry and Grant Fox have all said they think he's the best, and I agree.
11. Jonah Lomu - No winger was more influential on his day. Never has a 120kg guy run so quickly. Absolute machine.
12. Tana Umaga - Because BOD couldn't play 12. Hard hitter, great passer, great captain, great try scorer. Did it all.
13. Brian O'Driscol - Very skilled player and a good captain. Probably Ireland's best ever back.
14. Jeff Wilson - Really hard choice. People love Campese, and yes he's scored the most tries for a 1st tier country, but he did it in 101 caps. Had Lomu, Cullen, Howlett, Williams and Rokocoko played as many tests, they would have prabably scored more. Wilson scored 44 test tries in 60 tests, while setting up many of Cullen's and Lomu's tries. He had all the skills.
15. Christian Cullen - No player could do what he could do. 46 tries in 58 tests. Highest Tri Nations try scorer. He was brilliant, and he finished at only 26 years old, imagine if he played a few more years injury free.

16. Sean Fitzpatrick - Very good captain. John Smit comes close, but I'd give it to Fitzy.
17. Olo Brown - Pillar of consistancy.
18. Martin Johnson - Captained England to win the RWC, and did it leading from the front
19. Michael Jones - Toss up between him and Richard Hill. Both had an amazing work rate and a real grunt attitude, but Jones was the better ball carrier.
20. Matt Dawson - Was the creativity behind the Wilkinson. I love Kelleher, Pichot and Marshall, but Dawson was the second best scrum half in my opinion.
21. Andrew Mehrtens - Avarages the second most points for a fly half. best passer and kicker I've ever seen. Could run a game like a general and is a real character. 70 caps and 967 test points (more than Stephen Jones and Percy Montgomery has got in 101 caps and 102!)
22. Joe Rokocoko - Not the highest point scorer, and the longer he plays, perhaps the less his legacy will last. But 17 tries in a season, most of which were amazing. Was New Zealand's go to man, and in his prime was something to behold. Howlett, Williams, Campese, Underwood have scored more, but Rokocoko's tries were all ludacris.

People like George Nepia, Collin Meads, John Barry etc have all been ruled out. Yes they were good for the time, but the game is professional now, and the rules have changed. Collin Meads is regarded in NZ as the godfather of rugby, but for a lock he was only 6'2''. I'm taller than him. Ian Jones, Robin Brooke, Martin Johnson and John Eales all had to adapt to lifters in lineouts. They're more worthy in my mind than lock from 1960's, and they'd be better suited for todays game. Campese, Kirwan, Frasier, Stu Wilson were great wings for their time, but if you watch them in todays game, they'd get absolutely burned by players like Habana, Rokocoko and Ngwenya. The game has changed, and you can't realistically predict the potential of past players, and compare them to todays. It wasn't uncommon for a flanker test flanker to be 80kgs as early as 30 years ago. Props would be considered huge at 100kgs 50 years ago. Gareth Edwards was a very good halfback (Sid Going was better), but would he be as good today? Who knows? The role of the Halfback has changed. George Gregan was criticized early in his career for stepping away from the ruck before delivering to the fly half. That has now lead to fly halfs being expected to play a sniping role around the fringes, as apposed to just being crisp passers.

Anyway, that is why I've just chosen players from 95+, as the game and positions have changed in the professional era, to an extent we can't judge accurately on players prior to that.

If i had to pick a team for todat's game it would be alot different,to my original choice.But i still like my 1st team

1.Olo Brown-Os du Randt
2.Sean Fitzpatrick-Uli Schmidt
3.Carl Heyman
4.John Eales
5.Colin Meads-Victor Matfield
6.Michael Jones
7.Richie McCaw
8.Zinzan Brooke-Toutai Kefu

9.George Gregan
10.Daniel Carter
11.Jonah Lomu
12.Tim Horan-Tana Umaga
13.Philippe Sella
14.David Campese-Rupeni Caucau
15.Serge Blanco-Joe Roff

Professional era XV - just throwing in a few extra names

1.Os Du Randt
2.Keith Wood
3.Carl Hayman
4.John Eales
5.Victor Matfield
6.Tim Rodber
7.Richie McCaw
8.Colin Charvis

9.Agustin Pichot
10.Daniel Carter
11.Jonah Lomu
12.Brian Lima
13.Philippe Sella
14.Rupeni Caucaunibuca
15.Christian Cullen

What are you talking about? Gregan could easily be the greatest halfback that ever lived... Not only was Gregan great for carrying out his roles as a Halfback to extremely high standards but his cover defense was amazing.. He was a cunning little ******* [excuse my language] and he knew the game so damn well. His organisation of the pack and backline is also an addition and last but definitely not least you could bet your bottom dollar on George Gregan to stop anybody. And I mean anybody....

And this is coming from someone that doesn't even like the guy but I wouldn't be stupid enough to leave him out of my world xv...

Cullen, the best fullback ever and I hate that we let him go, I felt we had yet to see the best of Cullen. He was dropped way too early and the All Blacks definitely needed him...I curse the man who gave John Mitchell the all clear to coach the All Blacks.

1. Sean fitzpatrick - Was the best prop in rugby history by far aswell.
5. martin johnson - Best lineout opperator in the modern game and a real leader.
6. rocky elsom - best flanker at breaking off back of rucks / scrums devastating running real beast.
8. piere spies - powerfull off the ball and on the ball
9. George Gregan - 139 test caps. brilliant crisp passing.
10. Daniel Carter - Highest test point scorer. Most tries for a fly half. Averages most points for a Fly half.
13. Brian O'Driscol - Very skilled player and a good captain. Ireland's best ever back.extra bit ofmagic no one else has.
14. david campense -brilliant try scorer.
15. serge blaco - master fullback.:eek::eek::cool::p;):eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: YOU HAD A GOOD TEAM BUT ONE OR TWO PLAYER CHANGES MADE BY ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![GLOW="IN B.O.D WE TRUST !!!!!!!!!!!!!"][/GLOW]

Slightly Welsh view.
01 Faulkner
02 Windsor
03 Price
04 Matfield
05 Meads
06 Jones
07 McCaw
08 Mervyn Davies
09 Edwards
10 Bennett
11 Lomu
12 Umaga
13 Gerber (Debatable, but would have been a legend)
14 Gerald Davies
15 Cullen/JPR

These things are always soooo subjective as there are many right choices for all the positions. This team heavily biased just to highlight a few SA greats that might not have been named yet:

1 Os du Randt
4 Morne du Plessis
5 Victor Matfield
6 Frik du Preez
7 Jan Ellis
8 Hennie Muller
9 Danie Craven
13 Danie Gerber

These are positions where I feel a Saffa wouldn't be out of lpace picked as top player in that position. At 9 we also have JvdW and FdP who are very good.

Here's my take. Some players may be slightly out of position. Also this is designed to be the best XV as a cohesive unit, and not a best player in each position, so some players may not necessarily be the best at their position outright, but they function within the context of the team better than anyone else in my opinion.

01. Os Du Rant
02. Sean Fitzpatick
03. Jason Leonard
04. Victor Matfield
05. Colin Meads
06. Michael Jones
07. Richie McCaw
08. Zinzan Brooke
09. George Gregan
10. Daniel Carter
11. Jonah Lomu
12. Tana Umaga