Bristol
Bristol Rugby 36 - 26 Rotherham ***ans
Nottingham 15 - 10 Plymouth Albion
London Welsh 28 - 0 Ealing Trailfinders
Jersey 27 - 25 Cornish Pirates
London Scottish 26 - 15 Leeds Carnegie
Bedford Blues 13 - 26 Moseley

c5Bx3sB.png

Another bad weekend for Leeds...................

@Tony: Yeah, Leeds started well but have dropped off form recently.

@Patchey: Its a shame, shows the difference between the pro teams, the promoted teams with the clout financially (Jersey) and the other National 1 clubs.

Next week:

Plymouth Albion Vs. Bedford Blues
Rotherham ***ans Vs. Nottingham
Moseley Vs. London Welsh
Cornish Pirates Vs. Bristol Rugby
Ealing Trailfinders Vs. London Scottish
Leeds Carnegie Vs. Jersey

Last edited:
I really would like to see Leeds back into the Premiership as there are far too many Southern Softies there.............besides, the work that Gary Hetherington puts in deserves to be rewarded!!!

What's going on in Bedford this season? They've been dour, they are usually a playoff or close to it team and they only have a win over Ealing so far.

@Tony: Yeah, Leeds started well but have dropped off form recently.

@Patchey: Its a shame, shows the difference between the pro teams, the promoted teams with the clout financially (Jersey) and the other National 1 clubs.

Next week:

Plymouth Albion Vs. Bedford Blues
Rotherham ***ans Vs. Nottingham
Moseley Vs. London Welsh
Cornish Pirates Vs. Bristol Rugby
Ealing Trailfinders Vs. London Scottish
Leeds Carnegie Vs. Jersey

Financial we're screwed. Unless a big money investor takes an interest we'll never get the numbers at games needed to build. Competeing with Quins directly in west London as well as Wasps and Irish in the general west of London area is a pain. London Welsh had the same but I guess moving to Oxford has helped them in this regard.

What's going on in Bedford this season? They've been dour, they are usually a playoff or close to it team and they only have a win over Ealing so far.

They lost a few key players but of the 10 points they have theyve taken 6 in losing causes either by scoring tries or losing by less than 7 so theres a case to say that theyre not far off getting a few wins and moving up the league. Think they need to target Plymouth as a very winnable game.

Financial we're screwed. Unless a big money investor takes an interest we'll never get the numbers at games needed to build. Competeing with Quins directly in west London as well as Wasps and Irish in the general west of London area is a pain. London Welsh had the same but I guess moving to Oxford has helped them in this regard.

Not really, LW only "attracted" 1800 for last weeks 1st v 2nd clash. Seemed the Oxford crowd was only interested in Premiership rugby. Based on what I know/been told about Ealing is that theyre a very traditional, community style club rather than the pro setup that most of the Clubs in the Championship. I just hope taking a beating week in and week out doesn't diminish what theyve done to find themselves in this league.

Last edited:
Would love to see Ealing somehow escape relegation. Two US-qualified players in the side (Magie and McLean).

Latest posts