Greene King IPA to sponsor RFU Championship

TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
The RFU has announced Greene King IPA as the first ***le partner of the RFU Championship.
The competition will be known as the Greene King IPA Championship to reflect the new four-year partnership. The news came on the same day the fixtures for 2013-14 were announced with the season extended from 22 to 23 rounds. The first weekend on September 14 sees a triple bill of double-headers taking place at the neutral venues of Allianz Park, Sandy Park and Castle Park.

http://www.espn.co.uk/blogs/rugby/story/187721.html

Well at last Sophie Goldschmidt - Chief Commercial Officer - RFU, has done something to warrant her salary, it's only take ......... years!
Nothing in the press release on how much it is worth to the Championship clubs?
But thanks to Greene King for their sponsorship of the league, was needed.

Well at last Sophie Goldschmidt - Chief Commercial Officer - RFU, has done something to warrant her salary, it's only take ......... years!

Definately needed, hopefully the TV coverage will increase now what with the whole BT Sport taking the Aviva, but I best Sky will schedule more Aerobics Oz Style or something....not that thats entirely a bad thing.

Also like the ideas of the regional double headers to start the season, if its priced right I may head down to Sandy Park opening day

Doesn't really have the same ring to it as Heineken Cup or Guinness Premiership, but a good development nonetheless.

I imagine that this was fairly low down Sophie Goldschmidt's list of proirities. AFAIK it will be worth nothing to Championship clubs, it will just offset the RFU's considerable deficit in subsidising the league.

Latest posts