• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Greg Bird

Although he's a thug, he's a bloody good Rugby League player and will be a massive asset for Bradford.

I wonder if he'll start of playing Five-Eighth or Lock?

I don't know about those positions, but he'll either be playing stand off or loose forward. ;)

Well those aforementioned terms by me are correct...in union they are called Fly-Half and No.8 (number 8 for those simpletons who abound)

Stand off?! Pfffttt.

Loose forward?! Now that's a generic term for 6,7,8 in Rugby.

Time to live in the present Danielle, not pommy present.

FIVE-EIGHTH AND LOCK!!!!!

Now that was a nice succinct rant.

Do you have a comeback? :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (melon @ Jan 17 2009, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well those aforementioned terms by me are correct...in union they are called Fly-Half and No.8 (number 8 for those simpletons who abound)

Stand off?! Pfffttt.

Do you have a comeback? :p[/b]

You can't use the term 'No.8' in Rugby League, because the loose forward in numbered 13, so it wouldn't make sense, and the term 'fly-half' just isn't really used; it's five-eighth (Australian) or stand-off (British).

Should make a big difference to the Bulls. Harris was pretty useless since his return to RL and just a drain on their resources so replacing his sorry arse with Bird is a big thing for them.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (melon @ Jan 17 2009, 03:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Stand off?! Pfffttt.

OBJECTION!

PW-Objection01.jpg

We invented the sport, ergo , we get to choose the position names!

Anyone who says otherwise is a Communist!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jan 18 2009, 01:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (melon @ Jan 17 2009, 03:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Stand off?! Pfffttt.

OBJECTION!

PW-Objection01.jpg

We invented the sport, ergo , we get to choose the position names!

Anyone who says otherwise is a Communist!

[/b][/quote]

BOOM!

But leave Communists out of this...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fred187 @ Jan 17 2009, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (melon @ Jan 17 2009, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Stand off?! Pfffttt.

You can't use the term 'No.8' in Rugby League, because the loose forward in numbered 13, so it wouldn't make sense, and the term 'fly-half' just isn't really used; it's five-eighth (Australian) or stand-off (British).

[/b][/quote]

You're a fool Fred...(or a simpleton as I made reference to in my original post). Read the post properly.

Be off with you.

As for you St Helens...you interpreted my post correctly. Congratulations. But you are WRONG! WRONG I SAY!

You may have invented this, that and the other but all things invented are adopted by others and improved upon. HA.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (melon @ Jan 18 2009, 09:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fred187 @ Jan 17 2009, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (melon @ Jan 17 2009, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Stand off?! Pfffttt.

[/b][/quote]

You're a fool Fred...(or a simpleton as I made reference to in my original post). Read the post properly.

Be off with you.

As for you St Helens...you interpreted my post correctly. Congratulations. But you are WRONG! WRONG I SAY!

You may have invented this, that and the other but all things invented are adopted by others and improved upon. HA.
[/b][/quote]

Well, it could be worse - I could have been born an Australian... :p

But yeah, I see what you meant now - I thought "FIVE-EIGHTH AND LOCK!!!!!" was an expression of dismay rather than emphasis. But anyway, those are still stupid terms, and we invented the sport, so we decide what the positions are called - any other terms are just colloquial and wrong. What does five-eigth even mean? Is it supposed to be some clever term about being between the half-back and the three-quarters? Well I'm not impressed...