Group F - Football World Cup

B

BigTen

The draw for Group F in the football world cup:

Brazil
Croatia
Japan

Australia

I am so happy - there is no way Australia will be able to qualify from that group. They will be lucky to even get a point.

Don't see why you're so despondent, Japan and Croatia are hardly superpowers of the game, think the Aussies should be well chuffed with that draw, although it was bizarre to hear the cheers when they got Brazil, if that had been Ireland, cheering would be the last thing on my mind.

An Tarbh,

Yeah I am really, really upset about the draw. I cried for days when I heard the news and don't see how I am going to continue living now that I know that Australia has zero chance of qualifying for the next round.

hahahahha-muhahahahahahahahah!

Originally posted by BigTen@Dec 10 2005, 12:50 PM
An Tarbh,

Yeah I am really, really upset about the draw.  I cried for days when I heard the news and don't see how I am going to continue living now that I know that Australia has zero chance of qualifying for the next round.

You're a very strange person. You live in our country, eat our food, drink our beer, take our girls (or boys) yet you can't stand Australia doing well at anything.

As far as the draw goes it would take a very stupid person to say Australia have no chance at making the 16. I pointed out in the other thread that we have pretty encouraging results against Croatia and Japan (we even beat Brazil last time we met). England's coach even made the point that Australia is a country that has the potential to turn heads and to take some big scalps. Now I'm not saying that we defiantely will pass on to the second round - I would be surprised if we did - but who knows what we will be capable of after a full year under the great Guus Hiddink.

I dont know what your on about Australia have a great chance of making it through the group stage.

When I saw our name get drawn in Brazil's group my heart almost stopped but when the draw was finished i was really happy with the group we got.

First of all Crotia is one of the teams I most wanted to be in our group because we have a rivalry with them after they poached a bunch of our players a few years back and Japan is a team we will be playing alot of football against in the future.

Croatia have atleast 3 born and bred Aussies playing in there team Joey Didulica, Ante Seric and Crotia's best player Josip Simunic who is now being chased by clubs like AC Milan,Inter,Bayern and Liverpool.He used to play for the Melbourne Knights and is arguably one of the best defenders in Europe at the moment.They were available to play for Crotia because there parents were Croatian and they were offered the chance to play in previous World Cups and like the typical slav's they are they had no loyalty what so ever.

In my mind we are definately the second best team in our group and am very confident we can and SHOULD beat both Crotia and Japan........and you never know we could catch Brazil napping and get a result out of that game, If im not mistaken we beat Brazil in the group stage of the Confed Cup in 2001 and have drawn with them in recent history.

Originally posted by Wally+Dec 10 2005, 03:01 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Dec 10 2005, 03:01 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-BigTen
@Dec 10 2005, 12:50 PM
An Tarbh,

Yeah I am really, really upset about the draw.  I cried for days when I heard the news and don't see how I am going to continue living now that I know that Australia has zero chance of qualifying for the next round.

You're a very strange person. You live in our country, eat our food, drink our beer, take our girls (or boys) yet you can't stand Australia doing well at anything.

As far as the draw goes it would take a very stupid person to say Australia have no chance at making the 16. I pointed out in the other thread that we have pretty encouraging results against Croatia and Japan (we even beat Brazil last time we met). England's coach even made the point that Australia is a country that has the potential to turn heads and to take some big scalps. Now I'm not saying that we defiantely will pass on to the second round - I would be surprised if we did - but who knows what we will be capable of after a full year under the great Guus Hiddink. [/b]
Oz could be like the US in the '94 World Cup.

The Truth,

"First of all Crotia[sic] is one of the teams I most wanted to be in our group because we have a rivalry with them after they poached a bunch of our players a few years back and Japan is a team we will be playing alot of football against in the future."

What is this - an Australian complaining about someone poaching their players? You're having a laugh, right?

"...and like the typical slav's they are they had no loyalty what so ever."

Ah yes, The Truth showing your true colours as a racist there I see. Nice one!

"...and you never know we could catch Brazil napping and get a result out of that game, If im not mistaken we beat Brazil in the group stage of the Confed Cup in 2001 and have drawn with them in recent history."

Yeah I guess anything is possible but beating Brazil in the World Cup is very different to beating them in the Confederation Cup. There is a reason why they are the unbackable favourites to win Group F.

Wally,

"You're a very strange person. You live in our country, eat our food, drink our beer, take our girls (or boys) yet you can't stand Australia doing well at anything."

While I don't disagree with everything that you just said I do have to say in reply that I don't always bag Australia.

I enjoy watching the Kangaroos thumping Great Britain and I think that your cricket team is bloody brilliant. Also Ian Thorpe is a superb sportsman - easily one of the greatest champions in the history of sport. I have also been lucky enough to meet him and he is a geniune nice guy. I have also thought for a long time that Australia and therefore Oceania deserved a better qualification process to the football world cup. And I have been pretty honest and fair when it comes to voicing my opinion of what I think should have happened. You should hear me bag FIFA, Oceania, and the New Zealand football organisation - I am pretty brutal.

Oh yeah - I am glad that Melbourne got the Commonwealth Games next year. That will be good.

Also it is hardly my fault that Australian ladies find me so irresistable - probably because I don't treat them like ****!

Norseman,

"Oz could be like the US in the '94 World Cup."

True - but then the USA did host that World Cup and therefore they got a pretty easy group.

Last time I checked slav's were white like me hows that racist?? and what i meant is that they turn there back on the country they were born and raised in.

I dont remember Australia poaching anyone they come on there own accord NZ is the one that steals islanders.

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Dec 10 2005, 09:49 PM
Last time I checked slav's were white like me hows that racist??
That is a stupid thing to say. That's like saying an African-American calling an Indian a currymuncher isn't racist.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
and what i meant is that they turn there back on the country they were born and raised in.[/b]
Perhaps they believe that considering they are from croatian ancestory, and I'm sure they have family over there etc. they consider themselves croatian?

I dont remember Australia poaching anyone they come on there own accord NZ is the one that steals islanders.[/b]

No, of course guys like Rokocoko etc. don't come here on their own accord/born here...

Damn you're stupid sometimes... The Truth? Puh-lease.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Dec 11 2005, 12:02 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
and what i meant is that they turn there back on the country they were born and raised in.
Perhaps they believe that considering they are from croatian ancestory, and I'm sure they have family over there etc. they consider themselves croatian?

[/b][/quote]
Nah they left because they didn't have any faith in the Socceroos. They didn't like how soccer was treated in this country, but at the same time they were too soft to try and do anything about it. I hope we kill the Croate ******** - and would somebody tell them Andrew Bogut is Australian.

Originally posted by Wally+Dec 11 2005, 12:26 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Dec 11 2005, 12:26 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-.:kaftka:.
@Dec 11 2005, 12:02 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
and what i meant is that they turn there back on the country they were born and raised in.

[/b]
Nah they left because they didn't have any faith in the Socceroos. They didn't like how soccer was treated in this country, but at the same time they were too soft to try and do anything about it. I hope we kill the Croate ******** - and would somebody tell them Andrew Bogut is Australian. [/b][/quote]
Isn't that what you're doing in your sig?

Or perhaps...Pfft, no way....Wally, you're not taking the **** are you?

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.+Dec 11 2005, 12:02 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (.:kaftka:. @ Dec 11 2005, 12:02 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-The TRUTH!!
@Dec 10 2005, 09:49 PM
That is a stupid thing to say. That's like saying an African-American calling an Indian a currymuncher isn't racist.

and what i meant is that they turn there back on the country they were born and raised in.[/b]

I dont remember Australia poaching anyone they come on there own accord NZ is the one that steals islanders.[/b]

No, of course guys like Rokocoko etc. don't come here on their own accord/born here...

Damn you're stupid sometimes... The Truth? Puh-lease. [/b]
Since when has calling for example a yugoslav a slav been racist?? i guess that means calling an australian an aussie is a racist remark
<
its just an abbreviation ya dipsh*t

Originally posted by BigTen@Dec 10 2005, 09:33 PM
Norseman,

"Oz could be like the US in the '94 World Cup."

True - but then the USA did host that World Cup and therefore they got a pretty easy group.
Same group as Colombia then went on to lose to '94 cup winners, Brazil, 1-0 in the 2nd round.

Add in Romania and Switzerland who were no mugs at the time, the US deserved serious credit for getting to the knockout stages in 94.

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!+Dec 11 2005, 12:47 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The TRUTH!! @ Dec 11 2005, 12:47 AM)</div>
Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Dec 11 2005, 12:02 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-The TRUTH!!
@Dec 10 2005, 09:49 PM
Since when has calling for example a yugoslav a slav been racist?? i guess that means calling an australian an aussie is a racist remark
<
its just an abbreviation ya dipsh*t [/b]
Are you retarded? I was saying that just because you're white, it doesn't mean that it's impossible for you to be racist towards other whites. I was just briefly explaining to you what racism is...

The Truth,

You said:

"...like the typical slav's they are they had no loyalty what so ever."

It wasn't the fact that you refered to them as "slav's" but rather that you said that all slav's have no loyalty what so ever.

That is qiute simply racism.

It would be exactly the same as if I said that all Aussies were in-bred convicts who were unable to speak English properly.

And on to another point - Australia has a very bad reputation for poaching overseas players. Try to explain Clyde Rathbone, huh? Maybe you should look at yourself before you start sending off accustations about other countries.

And cut back on the racist comments, huh?

And tell your friends at Cronulla to start acting like humans and not animals.

Originally posted by BigTen@Dec 12 2005, 01:21 PM
And tell your friends at Cronulla to start acting like humans and not animals.
and what is your honost opinion of lebanese gangs??

it is clear australia is adopting and accomodating for BigTen's anti-aussie views.

hey atleast its in common with adopting the lebs

any chance u got kebabs on the stove, or a koran in viewing distance

back on topic

we are very proud of the draw....its better than some of the other groups

We have beaten every single one of those teams in our pool.

Last I checked, Croatia lost to Malta, and Brazil drew with Uraguay....thus we have a good chance.

ak47,

Yeah the Australia draw is actually quite good. Brazil is obviously the strongest but there isn't a dominant second team like for example in group C. I think that the race is between Australia, Croatia, and Japan for second place. All three teams have a good chance of getting that spot but I would have to go for the European side at this moment in time.

Also Croatia drew with Malta 1-1 the last time that they played. Check again!

And then you said:

"... what is your honost opinion of lebanese gangs??
it is clear australia is adopting and accomodating for BigTen's anti-aussie views.
hey atleast its in common with adopting the lebs
any chance u got kebabs on the stove, or a koran in viewing distance..."

You what!?

My honest opinion of Lebanese gangs is pretty much the same that I have for any other group of illiterate, racist, loud, obnoxious and intolerant people.

I don't have any anti-aussie views. Find something that I have said that could be construed as anti-Australian by a reasonable person.

And by the way - I do not think that it is acceptable for anyone, no matter what race, creed or religion to attack junior life-guards. And it is fine to stand up for yourself and refuse to be intimidated by groups of thugs but chanting out racist comments and assaulting innocent by-standers just because they happen to not be white is even worse.

"...any chance u got kebabs on the stove, or a koran in viewing distance..."

You know ak47 - I have a lot of respect for you and cannot believe that you wrote that. I don't get angry at reading that it just makes me sad.

Originally posted by BigTen@Dec 12 2005, 03:52 PM
You know ak47 - I have a lot of respect for you and cannot believe that you wrote that. I don't get angry at reading that it just makes me sad.
sorry chief i was very emotional this morning...all the cronulla stuff

Never meant to personally group you as such...was way over the top

in fact..........i knew i was in total error, when you wrote

My honest opinion of Lebanese gangs is pretty much the same that I have for any other group of illiterate, racist, loud, obnoxious and intolerant people.

thats the perfect answer......

your all good BigTen.

Good arguments are what these things are all about, and I guess I let a few emotional gremlins out.......big blight on my part, and i know today some people will take different angles at me, based on my pro cronulla views.

Hopefully, my fellow neighbours within the coastline, can see where i come from...

I actually agree with BigTen....

...Australia does have a good draw
<

Now that I have the light-hearted joke out of the way, it doesn't matter whos country it is, you just don't do it. The Rioters are just as bad as the gangs (or Lebonese) they are against.

Bringing up what you said in another thread, how can you say it's not racist? You are being derogatory against another race. These guys were just going down and attacking anyone who looks like they are of Middle Eastern descent. That is racist.
I have a lot of respect for you AK, but what you have said recently is pretty bad imo.

[EDIT] Just read your above post AK, nice save. I was pretty shocked that you were a discrimanting little skinhead f*** for a second.
<

Latest posts